Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
by its use of colourful language,to have been written by a sour kraut.

The term mental spastic was to be taken in its most literal form. Nothing colourful about this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Erm. I didn't get my facts from the Guardian. I got them from looking over hedges and sitting across kitchen tables from Lincolnshire farmers. For a man who gets his wisdom on the subject from a five minute Google and even then gets the main fact wrong you really do let yourself down sometimes.

Strange that.Do you write for the Grauniad?This article was the one I was referring to.The EU (including the Eurozone) comment is to do with some Remain posters not being aware that not all EU countries are in the Eurozone,and was for clarification purposes.

grauniad.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The term mental spastic was to be taken in its most literal form. Nothing colourful about this.

Wondered where you got 'mental spastic' from.It appears to be a condition in Germany and parts of Switzerland.As I can find no trace of a taint in my British bloodline,you are obviously mistaken,as usual.Perhaps you have caught it by association?Have you tried the psychopath test yet,I'm sure you'd pass with flying colours.

Foul kraut.png

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Strange that.Do you write for the Grauniad?This article was the one I was referring to.The EU (including the Eurozone) comment is to do with some Remain posters not being aware that not all EU countries are in the Eurozone,and was for clarification purposes.

No, this makes no sense to me at all. Are you all right?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No, this makes no sense to me at all. Are you all right?

I will break it down for you into little pieces to make it easier for you to understand,then.Your comments about sugar beet farmers could have come directly from that newspaper article,so I was amazed that you had no knowledge of it.Perhaps you are not a Guardian reader,and I was mistaken.A poster on here did not seem to realise that Great Britain was not in the Eurozone,causing great amusement,so I am amazed you are not aware of this.Perhaps you are not a Brexit thread reader.
I am perfectly well,and thank you for caring,and in a great mood after Cal Crutchlow's excellent win in Argentina and Lewis Hamilton's fighting third place!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The number of Britons becoming citizens of another European Union country more than doubled in 2016, the year the UK voted to leave the bloc, official figures show.
After the EU referendum, many Britons are thought to have applied for citizenship of other bloc members to be sure they will still have the right to travel and work freely in the remaining 27 states.
The data from Eurostat shows that 6,555 British nationals acquired citizenship of other member states, up 165% from 2,478 in 2015. The figures show that the number of Britons becoming nationals of other EU states has steadily risen over the past decade, with the 2016 figure more than four times higher than in 2007.
Germany was the biggest recipient in 2016, with 2,702 Britons taking citizenship there – more than four times the 2015 figure of 594.

It’s sunny and 23 degrees today....keep coming my friends. My door is always open to help you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More numbers on the cold winds in the restaurants industry. Research from accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young has found that the combined profits of the UK’s top 100 restaurant groups have fallen by over 60% in the past 12 months from £345m to £125m. Earlier research by the same company found that a third of those top 100 companies are now loss making.

Food industry not looking good. Want me to give Bob Geldof a call to feed you all?

It's Easter time, there's no need to be afraid
At Easter time, we let in light and we banish shade
And in my country of plenty we can spread a smileof joy
Throw your arms around the Little Englanders at Easter Time.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Barry 'The Constant' Gariner describes the Good Friday Agreement as a 'shibboleth' and Keir Starmer's six Brexit tests as 'meaningless'

https://www.theredroar.com/2018/04/...ement-is-a-shibboleth-in-brexit-negotiations/

"Shadow international trade secretary Barry Gardiner described the Good Friday agreement as a ‘shibboleth’ at a private meeting of MEPs in Brussels last month.

Dismissing the significance of the historic Northern Ireland peace pact ahead of its 20th anniversary on Tuesday, Gardiner said it should be ignored during the Brexit negotiations.

He went on to rubbish the six tests set by shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer as “meaningless” and unsuitable as a measure of whether Labour should vote for or against the Tory Brexit deal. He then told MEPs that if they voted against any Brexit deal Theresa May negotiated with the EU27 they would be voting to make Jacob Rees Mogg Prime Minister.

Gardiner was speaking at a seminar organised by the Rosa Luxemburg Stifung – the thinktank of Die Linke, the party that grew out of the remnants of East Germany’s former ruling Communists. The audience – visibly shocked – included Brian Carty, a senior adviser to Sinn Féin (whose MEPs sit with Die Linke in the European Parliament) as well as senior figures in Momentum.

This revelation comes after Labour’s embattled pro-Europeans were left horrified when Emily Thornberry told the Chatham House think-tank that Labour would vote for what she called a “blah, blah, blah” Brexit because the Tories’ withdrawal deal meant that Starmer’s tests would be met by a transition deal that postponed all the hard decisions for another 20 months.

Many in the PLP thought this amounted to little more than letting the Tory hard core Brexiters, who want to fudge all the hard issues, especially Northern Ireland, get away with it.

Starmer was quick to distance himself from Thornberry – despite having himself said much the same when dismissing the Brexit day of 29 March 2019 as merely “technical” Brexit and behind the scenes there were arguments in the whatsapp groups of pro-European MPs over whether to take the former DPP at his word or to increase the pressure on the Labour front bench to declare their opposition to any sort of Tory deal.

For now it looks like Starmer has won, as beyond Chuka Umunna’s heavy-hitting
assault on Thornberry most Labour MPs were quiet. A few eyebrows were raised, though, at John McDonnell’s excusing of the Shadow Foreign Secretary’s remarks as the sarcastic comments of a tired front bench spokeswoman – the video shows them to be anything but off-hand. In any case, Thornberry’s remarks were positively mild compared to those delivered by Gardiner.

It would appear that Gardiner’s comments are a clear breach of shadow cabinet collective responsibility on brexit, the reason given for Owen Smith’s removal from the front bench. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn may now come under pressure from MPs to demonstrate even-handed justice."

#moreLabourshambles

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and now he has tried to deny it :laugh:

[tweet]982929293582917637[/tweet]

Pity they have published the audio and the transcript :)

Keep digging Barry!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Food industry not looking good. Want me to give Bob Geldof a call to feed you all?

It's Easter time, there's no need to be afraid
At Easter time, we let in light and we banish shade
And in my country of plenty we can spread a smileof joy
Throw your arms around the Little Englanders at Easter Time.

And it's only remotely connected to Brexit. Too many chain restaurants ..... the sort you and I wouldn't generally want to eat in anyway. That said, wander around the city most evenings and nearly all restaurants are busy - chain or independent.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
and now he has tried to deny it :laugh:

[tweet]982929293582917637[/tweet]

Pity they have published the audio and the transcript :)

Keep digging Barry!

I appreciate that as someone with a morbid fascination about the Labour Party you read that on Guido Fawkes blog site and got all excited again and selectively copied and pasted most of the article from The Red Roar, but it's being being reported elsewhere too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/pol...alls-belfast-agreement-a-shibboleth-1.3456240
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43706473
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...deal-played-up-for-economic-reasons-crj2xgdbf

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It’s sunny and 23 degrees today....keep coming my friends. My door is always open to help you.

How are they supposed to get there,walk?Most of Europe seems to be on strike :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here