Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I don't care to produce, happy for you to waste your time trying to provide evidence otherwise. You have a point with my earlier certainty that we would have been through a recession by now, but Planes being grounded and tens of thousands of city jobs going to the EU has always been associated with a hard Brexit to me, or real Brexit as you call it. Unless we remian in the single market, or create some approximation of it, trade with the EU will fall, no one doubts this, what you guys seem to believe is that the drop will be compensated with more trade with the rest of the world, which will also require some tough negotiating and take several years to reach fruition.
Yes, that is Project Fear to a tea. You believe in it. OK. You're entitled to your beliefs.

Just because you're part of a large minority, that doesn't mean you're right.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes. There must be a functional reason for changing the colour. Otherwise what is the point?

Because the design has to change anyway ( removal of EU references ) and the current contract comes to an end - so the better question is why not change the colour ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, that is Project Fear to a tea. You believe in it. OK. You're entitled to your beliefs.

Just because you're part of a large minority, that doesn't mean you're right.

The debate over whether we could just leave, pay nothing and start showing the EU what a powerhouse we are in the world, or whether we could not without years of pain was where this stuff comes from. The PM was saying no deal is better than a bad deal, the Foreign secretary was saying they could go whistle for divorce bill, I think in this context it is reasonable to talk about job losses and planes being grounded.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The debate over whether we could just leave, pay nothing and start showing the EU what a powerhouse we are in the world, or whether we could not without years of pain was where this stuff comes from. The PM was saying no deal is better than a bad deal, the Foreign secretary was saying they could go whistle for divorce bill, I think in this context it is reasonable to talk about job losses and planes being grounded.

You forgot the £4500 it was meant to be going to cost each taxpayer straightaway as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The whole Leave campaign stinks to high heaven.

Facebook has suspended the Canadian data firm that the official Vote Leave campaign spent 40% of its budget with, as the Cambridge Analytica scandal continues to unfold.

On Friday, Facebook announced it had suspended AggregateIQ (AIQ) from its platform following reports the company may be connected to Cambridge Analytica’s parent company, SCL.

In its statement, Facebook said: “In light of recent reports that AggregateIQ may be affiliated with SCL and may, as a result, have improperly received FB user data, we have added them to the list of entities we have suspended from our platform while we investigate.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/20...adian-tech-firm-aggregateiq-over-data-scandal

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Facebook has suspended the Canadian data firm that the official Vote Leave campaign spent 40% of its budget with, as the Cambridge Analytica scandal continues to unfold.

On Friday, Facebook announced it had suspended AggregateIQ (AIQ) from its platform following reports the company may be connected to Cambridge Analytica’s parent company, SCL.

In its statement, Facebook said: “In light of recent reports that AggregateIQ may be affiliated with SCL and may, as a result, have improperly received FB user data, we have added them to the list of entities we have suspended from our platform while we investigate.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/20...adian-tech-firm-aggregateiq-over-data-scandal

Now provide the evidence that the actions of these companies changed the referendum result.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At the time of the vote, we were leaving in 2 years and the leave campaign were talking of a hard Brexit (pay nothing, walk away etc) and a lot of economic forecasts were based on that.

The fact that we are currently heading for the softest of Brexits over a 5 year period (if there are no further 'implementation periods' :wink:) may have lessened and lengthened the economic impact somewhat.

(Which, I believe is good news for Britain - Another reason to Rejoice :clap:)

*edit* That is of course, if TM pushes ahead with her plan and doesn't bottle it and put it back to the electorate

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Burgundy passports becoming blue passports - lets face it - it's really exciting. Really.

The passport index shows you the world by passport colour- https://www.passportindex.org/byColor.php

This allows you to look by red, blue, green, black (like our passports actually used to be or is blue just this years black when it comes to passports?) at all the countries of the world and the colours of their passports. It's great fun.

Red includes for example most EU countries (bad) Japan (good) China (Free trade deal, so good) Iran (Tentative, pending free trade deal) Russia (Bad) - So it looks more of mixed bag than you'd expect.

Blue is basically a who's who of potential free trade deals for Dr Fox - Australia, USA, Canada, North Korea, Cuba - I can see the appeal now with blue.

Green contains plenty of good friends to The UK such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria and Bangladesh.

Black - New Zealand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now provide the evidence that the actions of these companies changed the referendum result.

I don't have to. There are very strict rules on campaign spending as some MPs have found to their cost. The courts will prove it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I don't have to. There are very strict rules on campaign spending as some MPs have found to their cost. The courts will prove it.

Shame those rules don't seem to apply to Cameron/Osborne,George Soros,and Lord Sainsbury,among others spending enormous amounts on Remain!:lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No, I don't care to produce, happy for you to waste your time trying to provide evidence otherwise. You have a point with my earlier certainty that we would have been through a recession by now, but Planes being grounded and tens of thousands of city jobs going to the EU has always been associated with a hard Brexit to me, or real Brexit as you call it. Unless we remian in the single market, or create some approximation of it, trade with the EU will fall, no one doubts this, what you guys seem to believe is that the drop will be compensated with more trade with the rest of the world, which will also require some tough negotiating and take several years to reach fruition.

I wish you would stop misrepresenting my views. First on immigration and now the hard Brexit = real Brexit line. My favoured outcome (Brexit) has always been a mutually beneficial deal limiting trade disruption, ongoing cooperation, while ending primacy of the ECJ and repatriating powers/decision making in numerous areas. Even in a hard Brexit scenario I seriously doubt all the talk of grounded planes, job exodus, kicking out Eu nationals would have occured. Far too much to lose on both sides.

I believe we will agree a deal that will see our trade with the EU continue to flourish (both sides best interest this should happen) and we will have at least some new trade deals finalised ready to be implemented after the transition period.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Exactly. That's what I said. You believe in Project Fear. Fair enough, you're entitled to have that opinion.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I know some sections of the press and a few Remainers are desperate to question the legitimacy of the referendum and willing to believe anything but ...

In two news articles last week (“Revealed: the ties that bound Canadian data firm to Leave campaign in referendum” and “Brexit insider claims Vote Leave team ‘may have broken law’”), we are happy to clarify that we did not intend to suggest that AggregateIQ is a direct part and/or the Canadian branch of Cambridge Analytica, or that it has been involved in the exploitation of Facebook data, or otherwise been involved in any of the alleged wrongdoing made against Cambridge Analytica. Further, we did not intend to suggest that AIQ secretly and unethically co-ordinated with Cambridge Analytica on the EU referendum. We are happy to make clear that AggregateIQ is and has always been 100% Canadian owned and operated.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/31/for-the-record-observer-corrections

Numerous Front/main page tinfoilhattery bigging up the story .. followed by corrections buried on page 50. This is what's known as getting ahead of the story/conspiracyitas.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Burgundy passports becoming blue passports - lets face it - it's really exciting. Really.

The passport index shows you the world by passport colour- https://www.passportindex.org/byColor.php

This allows you to look by red, blue, green, black (like our passports actually used to be or is blue just this years black when it comes to passports?) at all the countries of the world and the colours of their passports. It's great fun.

Red includes for example most EU countries (bad) Japan (good) China (Free trade deal, so good) Iran (Tentative, pending free trade deal) Russia (Bad) - So it looks more of mixed bag than you'd expect.

Blue is basically a who's who of potential free trade deals for Dr Fox - Australia, USA, Canada, North Korea, Cuba - I can see the appeal now with blue.

Green contains plenty of good friends to The UK such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria and Bangladesh.

Black - New Zealand.

The best one is Venezuela.Can be blue or red,depending on which printer they haven't paid!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I know some sections of the press and a few Remainers are desperate to question the legitimacy of the referendum and willing to believe anything but ...

In two news articles last week (“Revealed: the ties that bound Canadian data firm to Leave campaign in referendum” and “Brexit insider claims Vote Leave team ‘may have broken law’”), we are happy to clarify that we did not intend to suggest that AggregateIQ is a direct part and/or the Canadian branch of Cambridge Analytica, or that it has been involved in the exploitation of Facebook data, or otherwise been involved in any of the alleged wrongdoing made against Cambridge Analytica. Further, we did not intend to suggest that AIQ secretly and unethically co-ordinated with Cambridge Analytica on the EU referendum. We are happy to make clear that AggregateIQ is and has always been 100% Canadian owned and operated.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/31/for-the-record-observer-corrections

Numerous Front/main page tinfoilhattery bigging up the story .. followed by corrections buried on page 50. This is what's known as getting ahead of the story/conspiracyitas.

That apology from the Grauniad looked a bit dodgy.No spelling mistakes!:lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

On the practical economic side of the Brexit debate (which for most people on here, remainers and leavers alike, isn't the only one) the point made here is key. It is very hard to see where replacement deals will come from - and even when they come how they can replace what we have already. Take Australia, often seen as the first country a post-Brexit Britain will strike a deal with, as an example. Its potential trade with the UK is a fraction of the EU's of course - it's currently not even a quarter of our trade with Italy. And what will that trade look like? "Success here is measured by how much success we get in beef and sheep" says the man in Canberra. Too right - as a Welsh sheep farmer said last week: "A deal with Australia won't effing help me." And sugar. The output of Australian cane farmers will be on the boats the day after any deal is struck. British Sugar will be in serious trouble, along with the thousands of British farmers whose output it uses. Before the referendum the huge sugar beet farms round my sister's village in north Lincolnshire were peppered with Vote Leave signs. Unless they get vast subsidies from the government and/or the deal with Australia is restricted to Holdens and boomerangs there will be different signs round those farms soon.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm no expert. But I just can't see how a deal with Australia can mean anything but serious problems for British agriculture. Can anyone on here offer a different scenario?

And Australia is just one example.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
On the practical economic side of the Brexit debate (which for most people on here, remainers and leavers alike, isn't the only one) the point made here is key. It is very hard to see where replacement deals will come from - and even when they come how they can replace what we have already. Take Australia, often seen as the first country a post-Brexit Britain will strike a deal with, as an example. Its potential trade with the UK is a fraction of the EU's of course - it's currently not even a quarter of our trade with Italy. And what will that trade look like? "Success here is measured by how much success we get in beef and sheep" says the man in Canberra. Too right - as a Welsh sheep farmer said last week: "A deal with Australia won't effing help me." And sugar. The output of Australian cane farmers will be on the boats the day after any deal is struck. British Sugar will be in serious trouble, along with the thousands of British farmers whose output it uses. Before the referendum the huge sugar beet farms round my sister's village in north Lincolnshire were peppered with Vote Leave signs. Unless they get vast subsidies from the government and/or the deal with Australia is restricted to Holdens and boomerangs there will be different signs round those farms soon.

Perhaps I'm wrong. I'm no expert. But I just can't see how a deal with Australia can mean anything but serious problems for British agriculture. Can anyone on here offer a different scenario?

And Australia is just one example.

Sorry,but are you suggesting that trade with the EU (including the Eurozone) will cease altogether?I know we aren't buying so many of their polluting cars,but I can't see your point at all.

Jan 30, 2008
Probably easier to opt out and change the colour than leave the eu and change the colour.
What is wrong with the burgundy ones? There is no need to change them, they work. What is the problem with them currently?
BECAUSE WE'RE LEAVING THE EU AND NEED TO GET RID OF THINGS THAT WE DON'T NEED TO BE ALIGNED TO.......... it's something to identify with :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here