Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing wrong with the facilities offered to young musicians in other cities!

Other than the fact they will not be with the cream of Europe any more. You really are a dunce at times; you shouldn’t be allowed a vote. I’m also embarrassed you’re allowed out of the UK on vacation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stoke, winners :lolol:
Can't hear them grizzling like remoaners denied their entitlement.

Ah! You're talking about us. Remain supporters living in remain strongholds who won't be affected quite so much. You think we're sad gits for 'moaning' on behalf of those who will suffer more than us? Fair enough.
Not going through hundreds of posts to confirm your take on this, so you may be one of the exceptions. On the whole, however, the remoaners are bewailing their own angst, not on behalf of anybody else. And yes, they are sad gits - I won't name manes, but I'm sure if you honestly look at some of the posts on here you'll know who I mean!

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Meanwhile The Lord Green of Deddington, aka Andrew Green of MigrationWatch UK fame, is getting a bit tetchy about those pesky immigrants that he likes to watch.

https://www.conservativehome.com/pl...cretary-shows-no-interest-in-reducing-it.html

Read the article and what comes across is that he really is a right wing bigoted numpty. This is what happens if after years and years of the right wing press going on about the down side of immigration rather than the benefits then these bigoted opinions will begin to stick in a large part of the general populous! Lets not forget that the NHS would collapse without people coming to this country to work in it. Social Care would be a nightmare and what about the hospitality industry. Also farming would be hit. He talks about the pressure on public services whereas the fact is that public services would be in a far worse state if it wasn't for people coming to this country to work in them and also to contribute taxes. The thing is if after leaving the EU this country does actually bloom and do better, as the leavers believe, then the demand from the economy for labour with increase and so will immigration!!!! The only way to control immigration is to shaft this country so hard to make us all poorer so that we cant afford public services so it is much less attractive for people to want to come here and work!!! Now I cant believe that is what anyone wants is it?????

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Can't hear them grizzling like remoaners denied their entitlement.

Not going through hundreds of posts to confirm your take on this, so you may be one of the exceptions. On the whole, however, the remoaners are bewailing their own angst, not on behalf of anybody else. And yes, they are sad gits - I won't name manes, but I'm sure if you honestly look at some of the posts on here you'll know who I mean!

I'm not trying to cross swords on this but I've not been aware of many remainers complaining about what Brexit will do to their personal finances - their complaints usually seem to be on behalf of other, weaker people. When the poster is apparently an older remain voter the concern in this area is almost always about the effect on young people. Do name names though - I'm sure no one will mind.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm not trying to cross swords on this but I've not been aware of many remainers complaining about what Brexit will do to their personal finances - their complaints usually seem to be on behalf of other, weaker people. When the poster is apparently an older remain voter the concern in this area is almost always about the effect on young people. Do name names though - I'm sure no one will mind.

Cards on table: I genuinely believe that we'll all be worse off after Brexit (national impact) and nothing I've heard from the government (or anyone else) has yet to dissuade me from this viewpoint. I am an old git and worry about the impact on my kids and grandkids (intergenerational impact). I admit that there have been times when I've had some rather ungenerous thoughts on the Brexit heartlands of Stoke and the like, along the lines of be careful what you wish - or vote - for, but I don't want to see our poor areas become poorer (regional impact). After the deal is done (whatever it looks like) I will start looking and hoping for good news; but until then..................................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of the politics, the UK government doesn't know the extent to which the net inward migration we've experienced over the last 10-15 years was NECESSARY to keep the country functioning.

3 million EU migrants, 1.5 million unemployed. This suggests to me that immigration in the tens of thousands that Theresa May aspires to would result in a huge labour shortage across the board. Does government have a clue at to what our labour requirements actually are?

I

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Cards on table: I genuinely believe that we'll all be worse off after Brexit (national impact) and nothing I've heard from the government (or anyone else) has yet to dissuade me from this viewpoint. I am an old git and worry about the impact on my kids and grandkids (intergenerational impact). I admit that there have been times when I've had some rather ungenerous thoughts on the Brexit heartlands of Stoke and the like, along the lines of be careful what you wish - or vote - for, but I don't want to see our poor areas become poorer (regional impact). After the deal is done (whatever it looks like) I will start looking and hoping for good news; but until then..................................

Brexit Heartlands?

se.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Man up and name names.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Other than the fact they will not be with the cream of Europe any more. You really are a dunce at times; you shouldn’t be allowed a vote. I’m also embarrassed you’re allowed out of the UK on vacation.

Don't worry,I've already done Germany.There are much nicer and more welcoming places in Europe to go,and I don't mind continuing to help their struggling economies.I do worry how much longer they will be able to carry on if the ECB stops the massive QE programme keeping them afloat.As for the cream of Europe in music,they study and train at the Birmingham Royal Conservatoire in their impressive new building,and if good enough go on to play in the CBSO or the Birmingham Royal Ballet musical backing at the Hippodrome.I expect a culture vulture like yourself would have heard of Simon Rattle,Mirga Grazinyte-Tyla,Sakari Oramo,among famous directors of the CBSO.I might be a dunce,bit I am quite a cultured,well-travelled dunce!:dunce::lolol:Takes one to know one.:bigwave:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stoke voted leave; as winners they're undoubtedly much happier than you and your chums in remain areas who are doing better since Brexit - the ones who are still grizzling despite doing better. Loss of their perceived entitlement, I guess.

As did Good Old Sussex by the Sea! :thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh dear, the blame police are out in force again.
Its a good job that the vote didn't favour Remain. Imagine all the older generation blaming the younger generation for being ignorant about the history of the EU. Imagine the older generation being bitter about being lied and deceived to about the true motives and direction of the" Common Market " Imagine the older generation being so bitter over the result that they disown their children and the younger generation, in totality. No help or support in the future. Imagine them telling their kids that they have sold this country and its sovereignty up the river. Imagine them telling their kids that they are British first and European second ( heaven forbid ) Imagine them blaming the younger generation for mass immigration from the EU, that has perpetuated the low wage economy. Imagine them telling the younger generation that they have ruined this country and that they are going, emigrating and taking everything with them, leaving the youth behind to luxuriate in a bureaucratic European superstate, with little or no domestic control.
Imagine that.

You missed the context, I was making a wider point that in the first part was not related to the EU.

Imagine thinking more broadly, imagine

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Man up and name names.

It won't happen as it doesn't exist. There have been a few I'm alright jack Brexiteer comments though

Almost everyone will be poorer financially, lose their rights as European Citizens and there will be less opportunities for the younger generation. Pretty monumental in terms of a Nation engaging in self harm

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It would have been nice if you'd addressed the quiet points civilly made but if you prefer to post a picture of Nige celebrating victory in a group of Kent towns instead, well there we go.

Quite frankly,I read a nearly identical bleat on Facebook posted by a Labour activist in Reading area,who claimed the South East voted Remain.So I very politely pointed out that he was mistaken,as shown by the BBC and got a load of abuse back.The article also mentions lots of places in Sussex that voted Leave which I could post if you are that interested.I'm sure that if the OP found my post in any way offensive,rather than informative,he is old enough to complain on his own.Or is that your second identity?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't worry,I've already done Germany.There are much nicer and more welcoming places in Europe to go,and I don't mind continuing to help their struggling economies.I do worry how much longer they will be able to carry on if the ECB stops the massive QE programme keeping them afloat.As for the cream of Europe in music,they study and train at the Birmingham Royal Conservatoire in their impressive new building,and if good enough go on to play in the CBSO or the Birmingham Royal Ballet musical backing at the Hippodrome.I expect a culture vulture like yourself would have heard of Simon Rattle,Mirga Grazinyte-Tyla,Sakari Oramo,among famous directors of the CBSO.I might be a dunce,bit I am quite a cultured,well-travelled dunce!:dunce::lolol:Takes one to know one.:bigwave:

Birmingham, it’s a bit non-league :lolol:

“Germany dominates the classical music world when it comes to the sheer quality of its orchestras, according to an international panel of professional music critics. Five of the world’s greatest orchestras, as collectively ranked, are German, with the Berliner Philharmoniker leading the way as the world’s finest. The Leipzig Gewandhaus (4), Berlin Staatskapelle (6), Dresden Staatskapelle (8) and Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra (10) ensure German orchestras are incredibly well represented in the line-up.”

Ah yes, and I know of Simon Rattle....he still lives up the road from me.....but then I guess you also found this out from Google.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Quite frankly,I read a nearly identical bleat on Facebook posted by a Labour activist in Reading area,who claimed the South East voted Remain.So I very politely pointed out that he was mistaken,as shown by the BBC and got a load of abuse back.The article also mentions lots of places in Sussex that voted Leave which I could post if you are that interested.I'm sure that if the OP found my post in any way offensive,rather than informative,he is old enough to complain on his own.Or is that your second identity?

No complaint from me as you are right (I'm sad to say) with respect to the Leave vote in the South East. Mind you, I only referred to 'like Stoke' as I think that these will be the places at the sharp end of any post-Brexit slump and there'd been earlier discussion on the thread with respect to Stoke. (I also lived there for a while.)
I'm usually searching (with no great degree of success) for some consensus on this thread so I'll offer the following in this spirit and reduce things to a level that is simplistic but maybe cuts through some of the bile: perhaps we can agree that we (the UK) are trading some prosperity for some sovereignty. Our Leaver friends think this is a price worth paying; my fellow Remainers don't.

PS whilst I have visited the lovely city of Lincoln, I am no Lincoln Imp - but I thank him for his support and confess that I find his posts very informative and well argued. Would that I could say the same of the '2 Profs' but that's just the way that it is and he (they?) is entitled to his view although I'd venture to suggest that there are occasions when he trades in some rather low blows (for my taste).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No complaint from me as you are right (I'm sad to say) with respect to the Leave vote in the South East. Mind you, I only referred to 'like Stoke' as I think that these will be the places at the sharp end of any post-Brexit slump and there'd been earlier discussion on the thread with respect to Stoke. (I also lived there for a while.)
I'm usually searching (with no great degree of success) for some consensus on this thread so I'll offer the following in this spirit and reduce things to a level that is simplistic but maybe cuts through some of the bile: perhaps we can agree that we (the UK) are trading some prosperity for some sovereignty. Our Leaver friends think this is a price worth paying; my fellow Remainers don't.

PS whilst I have visited the lovely city of Lincoln, I am no Lincoln Imp - but I thank him for his support and confess that I find his posts very informative and well argued. Would that I could say the same of the '2 Profs' but that's just the way that it is and he (they?) is entitled to his view although I'd venture to suggest that there are occasions when he trades in some rather low blows (for my taste).

I have to say I do not quite agree, I think we are trading prosperity, and a collective sovereignty with EU partners, for an illusion of greater independent sovereignty. We may have some decisions that Parliament can make without regard to the EU or other organisations, but many things will remain subject to agreements we have or will have, and we will in future be paying regard to rules made in Brussels, without the same amount of influence over their form as we once had.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is hard to imagine as the older generation have everything already.

You really are blighted by your hatred of the older generations. Many pensioners live on or below the poverty line. Many can't afford to heat their homes despite it being a risk to their lives not to do so. Many get stuck in hospital when they are ill because the social care programme is shot to bits. You need to take your rose coloured ( or should that be envy coloured ) specs off and see it's not the older generations that have done you bad - it's the political elite of any age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here