Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
While PPF continues to bang on about his imaginary 60% poll, I think it's (genuinely) quite interesting that the latest (real) poll has Remain & Leave dead level, with 17% undecided: Reuters

It's all going to be how those undecideds split. My instinct says that as polling day gets close, anyone who isn't decided is more likely to err against a leap into the unknown* and vote Remain.

*Given that the Out campaign still can't agree on what a post-leave UK would look like (Norway? Canada? Switzerland? Something else?) it clearly counts as the unknown

keep it real :wave:
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
*Given that the Out campaign still can't agree on what a post-leave UK would look like (Norway? Canada? Switzerland? Something else?) it clearly counts as the unknown

I'd suggest either option provides an unknown moving forwards.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd suggest either option provides an unknown moving forwards.

I'm not sure continuing to be bound by the same trade rules, but having precisely zero say over them, counts as a step forward in any way.

Either way though, I think Leave would stand a much bigger chance if they could unite around one idea of what a post-leave UK would be.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not sure continuing to be bound by the same trade rules, but having precisely zero say over them, counts as a step forward in any way.

Either way though, I think Leave would stand a much bigger chance if they could unite around one idea of what a post-leave UK would be.

CONTROL OF OUR DESTINY/ LESS PEOPLE ENTERING THE COUNTRY what's not to like
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
While PPF continues to bang on about his imaginary 60% poll, I think it's (genuinely) quite interesting that the latest (real) poll has Remain & Leave dead level, with 17% undecided: Reuters

It's all going to be how those undecideds split. My instinct says that as polling day gets close, anyone who isn't decided is more likely to err against a leap into the unknown* and vote Remain.

I've long held the view that unless dealt with the sliding reputations of Cameron and Osborne will damage the Remain campaign. Much of the support for Out is generated by a spirit of Up Yours against the establishment and that will be strengthened by the fact that the Remain half of the government - the 'establishment' half - is looking a bit shabby at the moment.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All the while we are an Island we have the exploits of the ports,therefore i am all for paying more tax to keep the Trident replacement and servicing our new aircraft carriers..Europe is to be traded with but let's remember the bigger picture......after wavering a few posts back.........I'M OUT!!!!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
CONTROL OF OUR DESTINY/ LESS PEOPLE ENTERING THE COUNTRY what's not to like
regards
DR

Ironically, both of those things could be completely wrong. E.g. the Norway model - which has been advocated by some of the out camp:
1) Norway has a HIGHER per capita immigration than the UK
2) Norway has to play by the EU trade rules, but has NO vote on them, i.e. we would have even less control over our destiny.

That might not be the post-leave UK that you want... but some of the out camp do. Which one are we being asked to vote for??

Jan 30, 2008
I've long held the view that unless dealt with the sliding reputations of Cameron and Osborne will damage the Remain campaign. Much of the support for Out is generated by a spirit of Up Yours against the establishment and that will be strengthened by the fact that the Remain half of the government - the 'establishment' half - is looking a bit shabby at the moment.

I WOULD SUGGEST THAT FEELING IS EVEN STRONGER "UP NORTH" UNLIKE THE LEAFY TYPES ON NSC WHO WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE DIFFERENT :wink:
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
All the while we are an Island we have the exploits of the ports,therefore i am all for paying more tax to keep the Trident replacement and servicing our new aircraft carriers..Europe is to be traded with but let's remember the bigger picture......after wavering a few posts back.........I'M OUT!!!!

When are you leaving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Ironically, both of those things could be completely wrong. E.g. the Norway model - which has been advocated by some of the out camp:
1) Norway has a HIGHER per capita immigration than the UK
2) Norway has to play by the EU trade rules, but has NO vote on them, i.e. we would have even less control over our destiny.

That might not be the post-leave UK that you want... but some of the out camp do. Which one are we being asked to vote for??

I'M VOTING FOR CONTROL OF OUR DESTINY AND A REDUCTION OF PEOPLE ENTERING THE COUNTRY as simple as that, if there's a few extras lets wait and see
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT FEELING IS EVEN STRONGER "UP NORTH" UNLIKE THE LEAFY TYPES ON NSC WHO WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE DIFFERENT :wink:
regards
DR

Leafy types?

What? The birds are getting the vote? Them swallows! Immigrants all of them. Coming over here, eating our bird food.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Labour would never have given us the chance to vote

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't think that's going to be written on the ballot paper.

You really have no thoughts at all about the contradictory options being presented by Leave?

Thinking?

Das Reich?

Think?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I can't really work out what this means. What exploits of the ports?

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think that's going to be written on the ballot paper.

You really have no thoughts at all about the contradictory options being presented by Leave?
of course it isn't but fundamentally that is what will happen if we leave
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Labour would never have given us the chance to vote

That would have saved a huge amount of time spent in forums like this. We could have discussed the Albion, or the failings of our own domestic politicians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here