Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really am struggling to understand WTF this has to do with Brexit,but if you want to start a thread about people like political parties,trades unions,student groups,terrorists,sorry,'freedom-fighters,etc accepting money from Russia/USSR,I'm sure there would be plenty of contributors.:lolol:

That doesn't surprise me. Boris is one of the biggest proponents of Brexit, and Putin wants the UK out of the EU. The two things are a lot more entangled than you think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
no it doesn't, but we wont get in a spat over it because they'll be a thing of the past shortly:thumbsup:
regards
DR

It does, because it even gives the same example of the cabinet ministers and prime minister I did.
I always said Brexiteers didn't know what they voted for .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Brexiteers should have thought about the nation’s security when they voted.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

We did,that's one of the reasons we are leaving.Let the EU pay for it if they want to leave NATO and set up their own forces.About time they started to pay towards their own defence,instead of leaving it to other people.When was the last time the germans met anywhere near the amount they should pay?Come on Tubby,Thicko,,Clump,and all the rest of you waste of oxygen.Answer that!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
More lies. How are the EU unelected? We voted for MEPs and they elect the EU council.

Did you vote for the Prime Minister? No, you vote for a party candidate. The leader and cabinet posts are designated, so our government is as 'unelected' as any EU minister.

Come on then,apart from Junker,who voted for Martin Selmayr,the new Fuhrer?In your own time,no rush,see if you can find anybody???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This sums up the shambles this government is making of Brexit.

https://twitter.com/DivineDigit/status/974721708761509889

[tweet]974721708761509889[/tweet]

That’s the problem with twitter in instances like this, it offers a very puerile and simplistic summarisation that appeals to those who can only do puerile and simplistic

More lies. How are the EU unelected? We voted for MEPs and they elect the EU council.

:lolol: Not true

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It does, because it even gives the same example of the cabinet ministers and prime minister I did.
I always said Brexiteers didn't know what they voted for .

Quite. Especially given the British government are now grovelling to the EU to help them against Russia. What the **** have these murders on British soil got to do with the EU? Not their problem Russia now see you as a weakened nation. You won, get over it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That’s the problem with twitter in instances like this, it offers a very puerile and simplistic summarisation that appeals to those who can only do puerile and simplistic

:lolol: Not true

Read the article PPF posted. It confirms it and is a bit of an own goal really.

Puerile and simplistic eh? It's a joke but has truth in it. Chris Grayling said there would be no border checks on freight at Dover on QT Thursday night. The Irish border problem hasn't been settled either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree that you saying the referendum was “undemocratic” is indeed gibberish, not unexpected though considering its you saying it.

Advisory as per the Referendum Act 2015, which is why Gina Miller won the court case for Parliament to have a vote on it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Read the article PPF posted. It confirms it and is a bit of an own goal really.

Puerile and simplistic eh? It's a joke but has truth in it. Chris Grayling said there would be no border checks on freight at Dover on QT Thursday night. The Irish border problem hasn't been settled either.

Doesnt confirm what you said at all
Here is what you said

We voted for MEPs and they elect the EU council.

How do MEP`s elect the members of the EU Council?

Advisory as per the Referendum Act 2015, which is why Gina Miller won the court case for Parliament to have a vote on it.

The referendum was not "undemocratic" as claimed. You are off on a unrelated tangent again.
If you agree with clamp that the referendum was "undemocratic" just say so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here