Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
In other,non-fake news,yet another remain whine is vanishing in the mists of their utterly pointless existence.:lolol:
All the dingbats moaning about the Ulster border,eh.Tsk tsk.

norn.jpg

Perhaps Zero braincells could explain this.:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bit of a rock/ hard place comparison from my perspective and a pointless one as we are leaving.

Yes as I have stated previously after the uncertainty (caused by the exit process) has come to an end I doubt anyone will be able to show any significant difference in our economic performance. We will still be one of the largest economies in the world trading with the EU while having greater freedom and flexibility to exploit the opportunities in rapid global growth (90% ? outside of Europe). To put it another way, the same status as numerous other countries that prosper and do perfectly well.

Taking back more control and democratic accountability, ending our gradual absorption (by stealth) into the EU project of ever closer union, (beyond a point of no return) is exactly what I wanted. A success no matter what comes after we leave.

Our post-Brexit Governments will have more powers, fewer excuses (no more blaming the EU) and will be directly answerable to the UK electorate. This is a material improvement as is not being the last reluctant carriage of the EU Express stuck on a one way track, destination... ever closer union.

Unless we rejoin after we leave. I think you are risking the situation where we return to the EU, but without the ability to be in, without ever closer union, as we have now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In other,non-fake news,yet another remain whine is vanishing in the mists of their utterly pointless existence.:lolol:
All the dingbats moaning about the Ulster border,eh.Tsk tsk.

View attachment 94609

Perhaps Zero braincells could explain this.:lolol:

This could happen, if the DUP don't notice the border the rest of UK would have with NI.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"More venture capital investment in tech companies in London this year than in the whole of Germany, France, Spain and Ireland put together."

#despitebrexit

Check them out, the biggest are tech companies that based themselves in the UK but operate across the EU, currently. Not likely to be the same structures after Brexit, they will be based in the EU and pay taxes in the EU, for their EU operations.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Check them out, the biggest are tech companies that based themselves in the UK but operate across the EU, currently. Not likely to be the same structures after Brexit, they will be based in the EU and pay taxes in the EU, for their EU operations.

you mean the same as they are already, for tax purposes?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This could happen, if the DUP don't notice the border the rest of UK would have with NI.

They don't like lines in the Irish sea, the hint of it last December and they kicked off big time. The DUP and Tories really is a match made in heaven

Still no NSC solutions to the NI border issue

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
you mean the same as they are already, for tax purposes?

Not sure what you mean, but I mean they currently pay taxes here on all EU operations, and this is likely to change if we leave.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I had the local Tory party knock on my door at the weekend to get my vote for local elections. I engaged in a broader debate about how their party had f***ed up the country with an unnecessary referendum, with a nonsensical success %age and with a lack of leadership to ge5 the government in one place for the negotiations. His response was poor, but included Brexit going to happen (whatever that means he didn’t know) to is there someonelse kn the house who is going to vote to I hope you’re happy to live in a republic if my vote results on Corbyn winning. What a sad bunch of political losers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure what you mean, but I mean they currently pay taxes here on all EU operations, and this is likely to change if we leave.

??? you may have missed it but the large tech companies run their EU office out of Luxemburg, Ireland, Estonia and elsewhere, book sales and pay taxes there, while running most ops in the UK. its one of the more interesting aspects of leaving EU, if they will be able to continue these arrangments or have to book UK sales in UK office and pay some more tax here.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
??? you may have missed it but the large tech companies run their EU office out of Luxemburg, Ireland, Estonia and elsewhere, book sales and pay taxes there, while running most ops in the UK. its one of the more interesting aspects of leaving EU, if they will be able to continue these arrangments or have to book UK sales in UK office and pay some more tax here.

The big US companies do the same here. some say Apple, Uber etc. Let’s see if we hit nirvana soon

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I have to say this is kicking off quicker than even I thought. I said the long grass will disappear over the next few months.

It appears some bugger may have mown it off in the next week or two :eek:

Still, tick tock :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I was replying regarding the ones mentioned by Titanic as being London based and attracting venture Capital. Deliveroo, for example.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
In advance of Liam Fox's speech, this is the view of the former Permanent Secretary (maybe not so permanent, actually) at his department: I suspect he knows of what he speaks:

'You’re giving up a three-course meal, which is the depth and intensity of our trade relationships across the European Union and partners now, for the promise of a packet of crisps in the future if we manage to do trade deals outside the European Union which aren’t going to compensate for what we’re giving up. You just have to look at the arithmetic - it doesn’t add up I’m afraid.'

That the Secretary of State for International Trade managed to deliver a speech of so little depth is quite impressive - Stand out moments for me were his two gems as to why the UK is going to be the superpower of world trade:- a) We speak English, b) We're in the right time zone. Thanks for the boost Liam, what with those and the return of the blue passport, brexit is going to be a hoot.

What's telling is that you're had pushed to find a great deal of coverage of Fox in today's news - A non entity who is somehow negotiating our future....

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stop believing what politicians tell you ffs.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here