Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent work by Corbyn there. Up the customs union!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well that’s cleared that up then, Steven Kinnock being interviewed .....we want to be like Norway and their access to the customs union.
Corbyn being interviewed at the same time elsewhere …..we don’t want to end up as passive rule takers like Norway.
:mad:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.
  • Jeremy Corbyn opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993. During the 2016 referendum campaign, Left Leave highlighted repeated speeches he made in Parliament opposing Europe during 1993.
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted against the Lisbon Treaty on more than one occasion in Parliament in 2008.
  • In 2010, Jeremy Corbyn voted against the creation of the European Union’s diplomatic service.
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU in 2011 (breaking the Labour whip to do so).
  • In 2011 Jeremy Corbyn also opposed the creation of the EU’s European Stability Mechanism, which helps members of the Euro in financial difficulties. (This vote is a good example of how Corbyn votes with hardcore Euro-sceptics. Only 26 other MPs joined him in voting against, and in their number are the likes of right-wing Euro-sceptics such as Peter Bone, Douglas Carswell, Bill Cash, Ian Paisley Junior and John Redwood.)
  • Jeremy Corbyn opposed Britain’s participation in the EU’s Banking Authority in 2012.
  • In 2016 his long-time left-wing ally Tariq Ali said that he was sure that if Corbyn was not Labour leader he would be campaigning for Britain to leave the EU, whilst his brother Piers Corbyn also said that Jeremy Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.
  • Jeremy Corbyn went on holiday during the 2016 referendum campaign and his office staff consistently undermined the Remain campaign. He refused to attend a key Remain campaign launch and also attacked government ministers for publicising the Remain case, saying they should also have promoted arguments in favour of Leave vote. The Director of the Remain campaign, himself a Labour member and candidate, said, “Rather than making a clear and passionate Labour case for EU membership, Corbyn took a week’s holiday in the middle of the campaign and removed pro-EU lines from his speeches”. During the referendum campaign, Leave.EU highlighted Corbyn’s attacks on Europe made in 1996.
  • The day after the European referendum in 2016, Jeremy Corbyn called for the immediate invocation of Article 50 – the two year notice to leave the EU – much quicker than even Theresa May wanted.
  • In December 2016, Jeremy Corbyn voted in Parliament in favour of the UK leaving the EU and for the process to start no latter than 31 March 2017.
  • Jeremy Corbyn three times voted in February 2017 in favour of the Prime Minister starting the process of leaving the European Union.
  • During the 2017 general election, the independent Channel 4 Factcheck service found very little difference between Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May over Europe.
  • In the summer of 2017, Jeremy Corbyn opposed Britain remaining in the Single Market. He even sacked from his team Labour MPs who voted in favour of membership of the Single Market.

Lifelong Eurosceptic 'Man of principle' standing up for the two thirds of Labour constituencies that voted to leave and take back control or cynical politician, playing party games, putting party/ambition before country*?

* Its the second option

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent work by Corbyn there. Up the customs union!

I do hope we get a working Customs Union with Europe coupled with a Labour government... the exodus on here would be fantastic ! ......Maybe our Swivel Eyed Crew would emigrate as they couldn't live under a Labour government, they'd spontaneously combust .... but where would they go? Europe ? :rotlf:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.
  • Jeremy Corbyn opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993. During the 2016 referendum campaign, Left Leave highlighted repeated speeches he made in Parliament opposing Europe during 1993.
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted against the Lisbon Treaty on more than one occasion in Parliament in 2008.
  • In 2010, Jeremy Corbyn voted against the creation of the European Union’s diplomatic service.
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU in 2011 (breaking the Labour whip to do so).
  • In 2011 Jeremy Corbyn also opposed the creation of the EU’s European Stability Mechanism, which helps members of the Euro in financial difficulties. (This vote is a good example of how Corbyn votes with hardcore Euro-sceptics. Only 26 other MPs joined him in voting against, and in their number are the likes of right-wing Euro-sceptics such as Peter Bone, Douglas Carswell, Bill Cash, Ian Paisley Junior and John Redwood.)
  • Jeremy Corbyn opposed Britain’s participation in the EU’s Banking Authority in 2012.
  • In 2016 his long-time left-wing ally Tariq Ali said that he was sure that if Corbyn was not Labour leader he would be campaigning for Britain to leave the EU, whilst his brother Piers Corbyn also said that Jeremy Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.
  • Jeremy Corbyn went on holiday during the 2016 referendum campaign and his office staff consistently undermined the Remain campaign. He refused to attend a key Remain campaign launch and also attacked government ministers for publicising the Remain case, saying they should also have promoted arguments in favour of Leave vote. The Director of the Remain campaign, himself a Labour member and candidate, said, “Rather than making a clear and passionate Labour case for EU membership, Corbyn took a week’s holiday in the middle of the campaign and removed pro-EU lines from his speeches”. During the referendum campaign, Leave.EU highlighted Corbyn’s attacks on Europe made in 1996.
  • The day after the European referendum in 2016, Jeremy Corbyn called for the immediate invocation of Article 50 – the two year notice to leave the EU – much quicker than even Theresa May wanted.
  • In December 2016, Jeremy Corbyn voted in Parliament in favour of the UK leaving the EU and for the process to start no latter than 31 March 2017.
  • Jeremy Corbyn three times voted in February 2017 in favour of the Prime Minister starting the process of leaving the European Union.
  • During the 2017 general election, the independent Channel 4 Factcheck service found very little difference between Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May over Europe.
  • In the summer of 2017, Jeremy Corbyn opposed Britain remaining in the Single Market. He even sacked from his team Labour MPs who voted in favour of membership of the Single Market.

Lifelong Eurosceptic 'Man of principle' standing up for the two thirds of Labour constituencies that voted to leave and take back control or cynical politician, playing party games, putting party/ambition before country*?

* Its the second option

NSC's Leave means Leave and Tory online activist now reduced to copying and pasting articles from Liberal Democrat bloggers now - oh dear. :cry:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
All opinions along with both of yours.

Simple facts.

You all think you know what you voted for.
None of you know what you voted for.
As is evidenced here, over a year and a half later, you still don't know what you voted for :facepalm: :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Opinions of people who would be in power to enact the will of the majority unlike peoples opinions chuntering away on social media talking nonsense :D

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
NSC's Leave means Leave and Tory online activist now reduced to copying and pasting articles from Liberal Democrat bloggers now - oh dear. :cry:

NSC class warrior Corbynista activist who voted for a lifelong eurosceptic promising to enact Brexit now reduced to attacking a factually accurate Lib Dem source ... oh dear :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
NSC class warrior Corbynista activist who voted for a lifelong eurosceptic promising to enact Brexit now reduced to attacking a factually accurate Lib Dem source ... oh dear :lolol:

Is that meant to be accurate or an insult or both, because it's not really registering with me as such as being either?

Copying and pasting articles from The Liberal Democrats, who you call 'undemocratic loons' just to desperately promulgate your online activism though :facepalm: Make sure you pour some epic on your fail. :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is that meant to be accurate or an insult or both, because I'm not really registering on either.

Copying and pasting articles from The Liberal Democrats, who you call 'undemocratic loons' - Make sure your pour some epic on your fail.

You described yourself as a class warrior and your ongoing defence of the dear leader speaks for itself.

As you know I post factually accurate articles from numerous sources and as we both know you only attack the source when it points out the obvious flaws in your hero.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We will no longer be members of the EU. No MEPS, no seat on the European Council and never to be subsumed in the 'nightmare' of a European Super State (which Idon't think was ever a realistic issue but many do)

-

After leaving the EU we will also no longer have a presence in The European Commission. It is the Commission who call the shots with regard to Customs Union arrangements and international trade.
With no UK commissioner after leaving the EU how does Corbyn avoid being a passive rule taker like Norway(which he doesn’t want) and instead remain a partner with input and influence and a vote on international trade?
Far too many unanswered questions arising from the leader of Her Majesty's Opposition speech today. When is the next round of clarification?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You described yourself as a class warrior and your ongoing defence of the dear leader speaks for itself.

As you know I post factually accurate articles from numerous sources and as we both know you only attack the source when it points out the obvious flaws in your hero.

Post factually accurate articles from the Guido Fawkes blog site - That's actually very funny. :lolol:

Desperately posting articles from Liberal Democrats though - coming from you that's actually priceless though. :rotlf:

Class warrior? Well based on most I've met in my life, including 2 flat mates, I think people who went to public school are generally ****ts and to be avoided at all costs if possible - If that makes me a class warrior so be it - It's not an insult to me if I am.

Corbyn my hero? Oh dear - an exaggeration wide of the mark there too - though I must say, as well as liking him, he's additionally so reassuring in terms of those who get obsessed about him, such as clowns like you.

I must say your general accuracy with your posts here at me and my giveashitometer at what you're saying are both registering at zero presently.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No link or connection ?!!

...what was really behind the decisions made by the UK's voters?

For the past three years the British Election Study has followed a panel of the same 30,000 voters - asking them hundreds of questions about their political views and choices on 13 occasions.

It offers the most detailed look at the issues which most concerned the electorate - and the results are now in.

It really was about Brexit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40630242

Whenever MoS or Lincoln Imp are telling you what my argument is/was always assume it's not true/being misrepresented ... saves a lot of time.

I voted Labour, because the Liberals come nowhere in Crawley and the best chance for me to stop a hard Tory Brexit was to reduce their power. So please do not count my vote for Labour as a vote for Brexit.
If we had a more democratic proportional representation system, like the EU parliament, I could have voted with the party most closely aligned to my own views, Liberal.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Post factually accurate Guido Fawkes - That's actually funny. :lolol:

Desperately posting articles from Liberal Democrats though - that's priceless. :rotlf:

Class warrior? Well based on most I've met in my life, including 2 flat mates, I think people who went to public school are ****ts and to be avoided at all costs - If that makes me a class warrior so be it - It's not an insult if I am.

Corbyn my hero? Oh dear - an exaggeration very wide of the mark there too - though I must say he's so reassuring in terms of those who get obsessed about him, such as clowns like you.

I must say your general accuracy with your posts here at me and my giveashitometer are both registering at zero presently.

Yes even Guido Fawkes reports factually accurate stories which is why you always attack the source rather than the substance of the articles.

What was factually inaccurate in that last source?

Once again you have described yourself as a class warrior on at least one occasion ... you seem to be distancing yourself from this proud proclamation, why?

Says the man who went along to see him in person and has not one word of criticism ... and always leaps to his defence.:facepalm:

If it was zero why bother responding? Perhaps a second ignore is imminent :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here