Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You really don't get it do you ?

What you (and a few others on here) should do is start up a thread titled 'I Hate Jeremy Corbyn/Theresa May' and post all this crap on there. It really has nothing to do with Brexit :facepalm:

Of course it has something to do with Brexit. May is ****ing up both her party and her country with lack of leadership and now Corbyn is attempting to make a policy that isn't a policy. "We'll have a customs union, not the current customs union but some type of customs union. We'll negotiate with the EU to create one" - yeh, good luck with that one Jeremy !!!! Both are as bad as each other and are letting down the 52% in favour of keeping their parties together and playing politics.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course it has something to do with Brexit. May is ****ing up both her party and her country with lack of leadership and now Corbyn is attempting to make a policy that isn't a policy. "We'll have a customs union, not the current customs union but some type of customs union. We'll negotiate with the EU to create one" - yeh, good luck with that one Jeremy !!!! Both are as bad as each other and are letting down the 52% in favour of keeping their parties together and playing politics.

I wonder if Labour have been having shadow talks with The EU though. :shrug:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You really don't get it do you ?

What you (and a few others on here) should do is start up a thread titled 'I Hate Jeremy Corbyn/Theresa May' and post all this crap on there. It really has nothing to do with Brexit :facepalm:

If Corbyn disrupts the parliamentary progress of Brexit... it has a lot to do with it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When is Jezza's Snake Oil sales pitch?

and how long before Labour leave back benchers or those in Northern Brexit constituencies start the back-stabbing?

He's doing it in Coventry. Interesting little stat here just Tweeted by the political editor of Sky News, who I suspect is slightly more clued up on such things than people on this thread including your good self - Coventry voted 56% Leave in 2016, but in last years General Election, that The Tories were going to win by a majority of 100 as they're the only party that can deliver Brexit etc as pointed out numerous occasions by Brexiteers on this thread, 3 Coventry seats, that were supposed to be lost by Labour, went like this:

Coventry North East - Majority of 16k up from 12k
Coventry North West - Majority of 9k up from 4.5k
Coventry South - Majority of 8k up from 3k

In those 3 seats the UKIP vote went down by 15k, Tory vote went up by 11k, and Labour went up by 23k - that despite Labour's manifesto clearly stating “same benefits” as customs union and single market.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...In those 3 seats the UKIP vote went down by 15k, Tory vote went up by 11k, and Labour went up by 23k - that despite Labour's manifesto clearly stating “same benefits” as customs union and single market.

According to your lot the average voter is too thick to understand what they are voting for - they believe what they read on buses or the snake oil sales pitches they get from politicians.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
He's doing it in Coventry. Interesting little stat here just Tweeted by the political editor of Sky News, who I suspect is slightly more clued up on such things than people on this thread including your good self - Coventry voted 56% Leave in 2016, but in last years General Election, that The Tories were going to win by a majority of 100 as they're the only party that can deliver Brexit etc as pointed out numerous occasions by Brexiteers on this thread, 3 Coventry seats, that were supposed to be lost by Labour, went like this:

Coventry North East - Majority of 16k up from 12k
Coventry North West - Majority of 9k up from 4.5k
Coventry South - Majority of 8k up from 3k

In those 3 seats the UKIP vote went down by 15k, Tory vote went up by 11k, and Labour went up by 23k - that despite Labour's manifesto clearly stating “same benefits” as customs union and single market.

It's a single Brexiteer on here that links the GE vote to the Brexit vote. It's a ridiculous connection - for starters I voted leave but then voted for Peter Kyle which immediately shows what a daft connection it is !!!

Your maths seems to be somewhat out as well - in those three seats Labour's vote went up 13.5k not the 23k you claim ( well based on the figures you've posted anyway ).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's a single Brexiteer on here that links the GE vote to the Brexit vote. It's a ridiculous connection - for starters I voted leave but then voted for Peter Kyle which immediately shows what a daft connection it is !!!

Your maths seems to be somewhat out as well - in those three seats Labour's vote went up 13.5k not the 23k you claim ( well based on the figures you've posted anyway ).

and Labour MP Frank Field...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
According to your lot the average voter is too thick to understand what they are voting for - they believe what they read on buses or the snake oil sales pitches they get from politicians.

I thought that Vote Leave's Chief Dominic Cummings more-or-less said that in regards to the red bus, though in slightly more diplomatic terms about Leave voters - it's difficult to keep up with it all.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I'm quoting Faisal Islam's take on things and his figures - if you know better than him - fine - you're in the wrong job.

https://twitter.com/faisalislam

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From the moment the vote was made the EU knew what they were doing. They forced the decision on Ireland, which we then left to the very last day, 8th December, when we all knew what the decision and all the ramifications would be from the beginning. No matter how much DD insists it's not binding, we all know the truth.

I suspect that the EU have already put together the trading offering that they are going to give us, while we make various noises about bespoke deals.

There is no way in a million years that the EU are going to give us a good deal. What would that do to the future of the EU ?

It's just so sadly predictable, and meanwhile people want to spend their time on arguing whether TM or JC would be better at wearing the driver's cap on this train which is already on the track it's going and has it's speedometer set by the EU.

But carry on :lolol:

*edit* I guess if we all lean left or right, we can effect which one of the buffers get's the worst of it ???

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I'm quoting Faisal Islam's take on things and his figures - if you know better than him - fine - you're in the wrong job.

https://twitter.com/faisalislam

Then either Faisal isn't very good at maths or the figures you posted are wrong. It's not difficult :

Coventry North East - Majority of 16k up from 12k = +4,000
Coventry North West - Majority of 9k up from 4.5k = +4,500
Coventry South - Majority of 8k up from 3k = +5,000

4,000 + 4,500 + 5,000 = 13,500

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Careful, JC has got the claim that there is an absolute connection on loop. Eighty percent of voters apparently signalled their support for Brexit at the last election.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Then either Faisal isn't very good at maths or the figures you posted are wrong. It's not difficult :

Coventry North East - Majority of 16k up from 12k = +4,000
Coventry North West - Majority of 9k up from 4.5k = +4,500
Coventry South - Majority of 8k up from 3k = +5,000

4,000 + 4,500 + 5,000 = 13,500

Oh No! Faisal Islam mistypes 23k instead of 13k on his Twitter feed whilst on the way to Coventry! Better hold the front page of The Daily Mail for this outrage...................

[tweet]968048150266175488[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Careful, JC has got the claim that there is an absolute connection on loop. Eighty percent of voters apparently signalled their support for Brexit at the last election.

Of course, we've been told that one many times by JCFG. 80% of all voters did, including those in Hove for Peter Kyle and Labour.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
psst, bickering over Coventry election results, remember the context - the local election results where Labour had just been slapped down, someone wrote an article suggesting Coventry seats were Tory targets... in reality solid red industrial Coventry was never going to return three Tory MPs and Mr Islam is just creating a straw man you're fighting over. yes, Corbyn has done better than the detractors said, we get it. now, whats his solution for Brexit that is going to be accepted by EU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here