Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But that is precisely the reason I have challenged you, the deficit is all you have spoken about, it is almost if you weren't even aware that the BoE had their MPC meeting, it's the most comprehensive overview of our economy, so why post a comparatively irrelevant set of data for December to try to paint a picture of a failing UK economy, be honest you hadn't a clue that BoE had these views on falling inflation, currency effect stabilisation, upgraded growth, likely wage rises that will finally outpace inflation but somehow you found a Guardian headline and thought 'yeah this'll show them', you've been found out again, dont talk to me about blathering.

FFS. Yes! And I explained why when you explicitly asked me why.

And for the second time I feel what we sell and buy* from other nations is of critical importance at this precise moment when the UK is negotiating a trade deal. I know the other stuff but it was not what I wanted to talk about when I made my post and I explained why. Why are you unable to grasp this? If I wanted a discussion about other issues I’d have started one, or joined in one. But yesterday I didn’t.

I’m done with this. Have a nice day. I’m off for brunch.

* ie the trade deficit.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
FFS. Yes! And I explained why when you explicitly asked me why.

And for the second time I feel what we sell and buy from other nations is of critical importance at this precise moment when the UK is negotiating a trade deal. I know the other stuff but it was not what I wanted to talk about when I made my post and I explained why. Why are you unable to grasp this? If I wanted a discussion about other issues I’d have started one, or joined in one. But yesterday I didn’t.

I’m done with this. Have a nice day. I’m off for brunch.

Well dine out on this snippet of factual information, in 2017 our trade deficit narrowed by £7 billion, exports rose by 11.3% and exports rose by 9.3%, I am trying to grasp the relevance of you offering up the December data as something unique and something that might invalidate a decent set of UK economy data and forecasts from the BoE, otherwise why post it ?

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/balance-of-trade

But as you claimed the trade deficit is your preferential economic indicator, you would of already known this :lolol:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well dine out on this snippet of factual information, in 2017 our trade deficit narrowed by £7 billion, exports rose by 11.3% and exports rose by 9.3%, I am trying to grasp the relevance of you offering up the December data as something unique and something that might invalidate a decent set of UK economy data and forecasts from the BoE, otherwise why post it ?

But as you claimed the trade deficit is your preferential economic indicator, you would of already known this :lolol:

When did I do this? I have certainly stated it’s my preferred current topic of conversation. Nothing more and nothing less though. You’re just making stuff up know.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
you can’t argue with the fact the U.K. trade deficit as a whole has grown.

No it didn't ....

Considering 2017 as a whole, the trade deficit narrowed by GBP 7.0 billion from the previous year to GBP 33.7 billion, as exports rose 11.3 percent to GBP 617.2 billion while imports increased at a softer 9.3 percent to GBP 650.9 billion. Main exports were mechanical machinery, cars, electrical machinery and medicinal and pharmaceutical products, and the biggest export partners were the United States, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Ireland and China. Meanwhile main imports were electrical machinery, mechanical machinery, cars, other miscellaneous manufactures and medicinal and pharmaceutical products. The most important sources of imports were Germany, China, the Netherlands, the United States and France.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’ve just re-read our exchange. I suggest you do the same. What an complete and utter waste of time it was. You post stuff you clearly do not understand yourself. You have continually tried to derailed my posts. You have continually responded with posts which have minimal relevance to the specific topic I raised. You continually ask a question I had answered. And finally you make stuff up.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
When did I do this? I have certainly stated it’s my preferred current topic of conversation. Nothing more and nothing less though. You’re just making stuff up know.

Well you did say:

I feel what we sell and buy from other nations is of critical importance at this precise moment when the UK is negotiating a trade deal

It is, but it doesn't currently reflect that the UK economy is failing and that's why you posted it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I’ve just re-read our exchange. I suggest you do the same. What an complete and utter waste of time it was. You post stuff you clearly do not understand yourself. You have continually tried to derailed my posts. You have continually responded with posts which have minimal relevance to the specific topic I raised. You continually ask a question I had answered. And finally you make stuff up.

If you post daily dirge of false economic data to try and show the negative effect of Brexit and it is either incorrect, skewed or irrelevant then it's reasonable to challenge you, you are always quick to deride other posters, usually with quip about a posters intelligence their 'grasp of English language' is one of your favourites and so on.

So when you post December trade surplus figures as some sort of confirmation of a failing UK economy, it seems relevant and reasonable to post the BoE overview of the UK's economy which is mainly positive and then to back it up with the trade surplus of 2017 figures that show it narrowed by £7 billion anyway.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Let's keep it simple shall we.
This mornings political programmes showing just what an utter farce the whole thing is.
No caring for what is best for the country just ideological clap trap and in fighting all round.
All that idiot Camerons fault what an utter **** that man is, and May is worse than useless, with Rees-Mogg, Gove and Johnson waiting in the wings, God help us.
Referendum should never have been called in the first place, anyone with half a brain could see that our hapless MPs are incapable of handling it and the ignorant / racist / ferrel public were unable to see it (well a small majority anyway)
Our future generations will never forgive us for this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you post daily dirge of false economic data to try and show the negative effect of Brexit and it is either incorrect, skewed or irrelevant then it's reasonable to challenge you, you are always quick to deride other posters, usually with quip about a posters intelligence their 'grasp of English language' is one of your favourites and so on.

So when you post December trade surplus figures as some sort of confirmation of a failing UK economy, it seems relevant and reasonable to post the BoE overview of the UK's economy which is mainly positive and then to back it up with the trade surplus of 2017 figures that show it narrowed by £7 billion anyway.

Whatever.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some people are more obsessed with Brexit on this board than with bhafc.

It's all futile though now - we'll get the Brexit we are given, and be instructed to like it.

I have to say that I find the idea of him sitting at his keyboard demanding 'why isn't anyone answering me' while we are all riveted to the Ryan/Dunk/Knocky show a little amusing :lolol:

And I think you may be surprised by how spineless politicians are. I suspect this will be bounced back to the electorate whatever.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some people are more obsessed with Brexit on this board than with bhafc.

It's all futile though now - we'll get the Brexit we are given, and be instructed to like it.

Yes saw you post to that effect earlier and agree, we saw what happened with Greece, its not a negotiation its an instruction from the EU. The government need to get their head out of the sand and realise what they agreed in December, a massive climb down.

Britain has taken the decision to reduce its political and economic influence globally, unless we cancel Brexit completely. Its time for damage limitation and realism.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to say that I find the idea of him sitting at his keyboard demanding 'why isn't anyone answering me' while we are all riveted to the Ryan/Dunk/Knocky show a little amusing :lolol:

I find the idea of him typing furiously hard to imagine. I have an image of slack-jawed and slow two finger typing with a lot of concentration :lolol:

(Joke before anyone gets offended)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let's keep it simple shall we.
This mornings political programmes showing just what an utter farce the whole thing is.
No caring for what is best for the country just ideological clap trap and in fighting all round.
All that idiot Camerons fault what an utter **** that man is, and May is worse than useless, with Rees-Mogg, Gove and Johnson waiting in the wings, God help us.
Referendum should never have been called in the first place, anyone with half a brain could see that our hapless MPs are incapable of handling it and the ignorant / racist / ferrel public were unable to see it (well a small majority anyway)
Our future generations will never forgive us for this.

By the look of all the facts, figures and the loss of European Rights we look to be facing a death of a thousand cuts. So many issues to decide including the insoluble Soft Border in NI. Incredible that the brexiteers still keep thinking everything will be fine. It's ironic that those areas that voted with the highest swing to leave will suffer the worst, when the penny drops there's going to be riots.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
By the look of all the facts, figures and the loss of European Rights we look to be facing a death of a thousand cuts. So many issues to decide including the insoluble Soft Border in NI. Incredible that the brexiteers still keep thinking everything will be fine. It's ironic that those areas that voted with the highest swing to leave will suffer the worst, when the penny drops there's going to be riots.

That's when Labour get in and the strikes start. Record levels of employment and you just wishy washy it away. Just don't get this wish you all have for it to fail at any cost. Let's hope you all eat humble pie when it doesn't. 18 months since the vote and your utopia of failure still not on the horizon. Just clutching at straws the lot of you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's when Labour get in and the strikes start. Record levels of employment and you just wishy washy it away. Just don't get this wish you all have for it to fail at any cost. Let's hope you all eat humble pie when it doesn't. 18 months since the vote and your utopia of failure still not on the horizon. Just clutching at straws the lot of you.

It’s difficult to say as 18 months after the vote, in some respects, NOTHING has really happened apart from a series of very difficult decisions piling up. One day May will actually have to confront them. Then we will see.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes saw you post to that effect earlier and agree, we saw what happened with Greece, its not a negotiation its an instruction from the EU. The government need to get their head out of the sand and realise what they agreed in December, a massive climb down.

Britain has taken the decision to reduce its political and economic influence globally, unless we cancel Brexit completely. Its time for damage limitation and realism.

This post exemplifies why Remoaners shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the negotiating process. Otherwise known as the bend over, grab your ankles while clenching a white flag between your teeth argument.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here