Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed Barnier is. Let's take a look at one of the sticking points :

"The right of the UK to object to new EU rules and laws during the period"

And his response :

"To be frank, I am surprised by these disagreements. The positions of the EU are very logical, I think," said Mr Barnier.

To to use an example of fisheries policy. Barnier thinks it's logical that the EU can set fishing quotas in BRITISH waters but can't have any say on that ? Really ?? If we're out of the 'club' as he insists we will be then the EU should have no say at all over quotas in BRITISH waters. We'll be paying our membership fees and he wants us to abide by all the rules. Therefore we should have a say in what goes on in OUR waters.

His argument is utterly illogical. And don't try with that 'we decided to leave' shite, yes we did and we will and therefore the rules don't apply. Time we walked away from the EU loons now .... they clearly don't actually want to negotiate just dictate .... the same as the last 40 years. And it's THAT attitude of his that reflects the attitude of the EU in general that brought 15m people to stick two fingers up at them.

29th March would be a great time for our new aircraft carrier to show it's force on EU fishing boats. Should make the Icelandic cod wars look like a spat in a nursery.

Stop GRIZZLING!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've not really followed this thread if truth be told.

But anyone think we should have just said we don't want a deal EU and left it for a year or so to see how hard they begged?

Very wise of you. To summarise ...

gplus-1660941931.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m even more convinced it’s not going to happen. Davis and May are making an absolute mess of this so there’s no way whatever agreement they finally cobble together will get past the vote, no way at all. Had you more competent negotiators it would have been different.....but you’ve chosen the weakest leader in living memory and David Davis.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You want to start a WAR over some FISH!? FFS, grow up you child.
If you have a gram of sense you will realise that the resources in the world need to be carefully managed by ALL countries in order to ensure they are still there long term. It is and should not be just up to us how much we fish.
Idiot.

Fishing quotas are racist, get rid of them :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed Barnier is. Let's take a look at one of the sticking points :

"The right of the UK to object to new EU rules and laws during the period"

And his response :

"To be frank, I am surprised by these disagreements. The positions of the EU are very logical, I think," said Mr Barnier.

To to use an example of fisheries policy. Barnier thinks it's logical that the EU can set fishing quotas in BRITISH waters but can't have any say on that ? Really ?? If we're out of the 'club' as he insists we will be then the EU should have no say at all over quotas in BRITISH waters. We'll be paying our membership fees and he wants us to abide by all the rules. Therefore we should have a say in what goes on in OUR waters.

His argument is utterly illogical. And don't try with that 'we decided to leave' shite, yes we did and we will and therefore the rules don't apply. Time we walked away from the EU loons now .... they clearly don't actually want to negotiate just dictate .... the same as the last 40 years. And it's THAT attitude of his that reflects the attitude of the EU in general that brought 15m people to stick two fingers up at them.

29th March would be a great time for our new aircraft carrier to show it's force on EU fishing boats. Should make the Icelandic cod wars look like a spat in a nursery.

:facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
I’m even more convinced it’s not going to happen. Davis and May are making an absolute mess of this so there’s no way whatever agreement they finally cobble together will get past the vote, no way at all. Had you more competent negotiators it would have been different.....but you’ve chosen the weakest leader in living memory and David Davis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Herr Tub calls it, 09/02/18
Brexit wont happen.

Whats your track record again?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You want to start a WAR over some FISH!? FFS, grow up you child.
If you have a gram of sense you will realise that the resources in the world need to be carefully managed by ALL countries in order to ensure they are still there long term. It is and should not be just up to us how much we fish.
Idiot.

Once we leave it will be the UK that decides fishing quotas in UK waters - nobody is saying we should have no quotas :facepalm:

I'd have thought you would be too busy crying about losing your RIGHTS to worry about what I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tub calls it, 09/02/18
Brexit wont happen.

Whats your track record again?

I’ve made the right choices in life....don’t you worry about me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

This. Brexit won't happen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In reality, what could the EU introduce in the 21-month transition window that we would have to apply here in the UK before 31st December 2020?

Surely any laws that come into force during the transition period will have been agreed with British input on/before 29 March 2019?

The fact that the EU made the transition period even shorter than the 2 years Theresa May had suggested in her Florence speech should indicate to the Brexiteers that the EU is playing ball.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Parliament voting down the final deal doesn't mean we aren't leaving, realistically it means we leave without a deal. In the unlikely event of a parliamentary no vote scenario, the best you could hope for is the UK government agreeing to ask for an extension to the article 50 process which requires unanimity from the 27 EU members. As they had already negotiated and signed off on the deal why would they agree to reopen negotiations?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This. Brexit won't happen.

There are enough silly ***** who want this to happen

[tweet]961954416835342337[/tweet]

Make your minds up :laugh:

Jan 30, 2008
Those fishing quotas need to be linled tightly to the EU ones though as fish are sensible and dont have borders.
I am not crying I am mad that the snowflake brexit-bunch can get their knickers in a twist about the EU and remove MY RIGHTS as a result.
what rights ??
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here