Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Nice tweet from Juncker's aide this morning from the G7 (god knows what he is doing at the G7 but thats another question)

“#G7 2017 with Trump, Le Pen, Boris Johnson, Beppe Grillo? A horror scenario that shows well why it is worth fighting populism. #withJuncker,”

Poor old Boris lumped in with Le Pen for having the gall (should that be Gaul?) to argue against the mighty EU. An interesting insight to how we proles are viewed by the Euro elite.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Without a good economy the UK would be totally and utterly ****ed though. It's all very well talking about security and sovereignty and the ability to pass your own laws but if you can't afford to pay for these it's a pointless discussion. Economics has to be top of the pile in my opinion as every other item and desire feeds off of it.

Oh yes our economy is awful
ps must send note to Venezuela ...in the shit lads...any tips?

As an aside I feel this is the wrong time for this referendum. Why not have it when the UK is a position of economic strength? Surely this would be better for the Brexit lot as surely more would vote out if they knew the country had a better chance of weathering the exit fall out? You had one shot at this is a generation so why time it for now?

when exactly do you want one of the worlds biggest and strongest economies to wait to be in a better position?.......
wouldnt it be simpler to admit you hate referendums,and its never a good time for referendums in your opinion,as you have said previously, why bullshit lie and pretend some other time would be better?

D

Deleted member 22389

Nice tweet from Juncker's aide this morning from the G7 (god knows what he is doing at the G7 but thats another question)

“#G7 2017 with Trump, Le Pen, Boris Johnson, Beppe Grillo? A horror scenario that shows well why it is worth fighting populism. #withJuncker,”

Poor old Boris lumped in with Le Pen for having the gall (should that be Gaul?) to argue against the mighty EU. An interesting insight to how we proles are viewed by the Euro elite.

It is why I shall be voting Leave. I'm sick of Remain and Junkers bullshit.
They will keep grinding people down to the very end.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
when exactly do you want one of the worlds biggest and strongest economies to wait to be in a better position?.......
wouldnt it be simpler to admit you hate referendums,and its never a good time for referendums in your opinion,as you have said previously, why bullshit lie and pretend some other time would be better?

A weird response.

1) I openly admit to not being in favour of referenda. And you know this as we have discussed it previously.
2) As for the rest, I was asking questions about whether a different time would be better. The numerous question marks are clues. It wasn't a declaration of my position, more me mulling over a point. It isn't a big deal for me if its 4 weeks or 4 years time.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I totally disagree with this. I am surrounded by start ups, small private businesses and the like. Whilst big corporations will no doubt still recruit there is little chance smaller businesses will even consider taking on a person from outside the Eu if there is paper work. The small and private business world is much more fluid and here-and-now and you will be at a disadvantage if you can't start for a few weeks due to paper work. If you don't believe me jump on a plane and see for yourself right now. I will introduce you to a variety of companies and some schools, and you can ask them yourself what they think (I already have spoken to many as there are 72 based in my office alone) and also let you ponder why they employ many more EU citizens than they do non.

Berlin is a hot bed of creative and digital start ups and if I was a young coder trying to make my way in the world I would not want to be at any lesser advantage than my fellow Europeans....and a seemingly small thing like obtaining paper work will swing it. Why would you employ someone with obstacles as opposed to someone without?

Please, jump on a plane and take your pick of any small business and find out for yourself. I'll even take you for lunch so you can try one of the "inedible burgers" I post photos of.

Sent from the horses mouth.

i dont understand this mentality
you only wish to recruit from within the EU because its easier.......this makes no sense.

Brexit wants a controlled immigration policy for everyone,no preferences,no discrimination. If this was in place you would take on the best person for your company from anywhere in the world and not limited to thinking about solely who is European i can take on. This is insular backward thinking,surely a company even a small business surely wants the best from a pick of everyone(globally) and not just the local lads

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
That's rather a quick and dismissive assessment of their case. But then again I don't hold much store of any economists Brexit opinions for or against.

I find it strange that whilst you refuse to believe any Economists predictions for and against that you lap any Tom, Dick and Harry spouting nonsense about projected immigration figures. Seems contradictory?

D

Deleted member 22389

you only wish to recruit from within the EU because its easier.......this makes no sense.

Brexit wants a controlled immigration policy for everyone,no preferences,no discrimination. If this was in place you would take on the best person for your company from anywhere in the world and not limited to thinking about solely who is European i can take on. This is insular backward thinking,surely a company even a small business surely wants the best from a pick of everyone(globally) and not just the local lads

We need a controlled immigration policy in this country. Remain can talk about Reform all the like, but the EU doesn't reform on things like free movement. The sooner people wake up to this fact the better. We need one policy for all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Your probably correct, in theory. But as with a lot of things the reality is different. To be perfectly frank, young brilliant smart programmers and coders are ten a penny. It's a talent, but one which so many many people have. So 'the best' isn't just based on their ability to do the job. When you have 10 equally strong candidates other factors come into play. And for small start ups other factors will come into play. It's also worth pointing out sometimes you don't need the best...just someone to do a reliable professional job. In fact it's sometimes better to recruit these latter types.

When are you coming over?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

I find it strange that whilst you refuse to believe any Economists predictions for and against that you lap any Tom, Dick and Harry spouting nonsense about projected immigration figures. Seems contradictory?

Would you like controlled immigration from the EU? If the answer is YES, how do you propose we sort this out, when we are battling an organisation that says it will never ever reform on Free movement.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

one thing is for certain, i dont think JC Footy needs nonsense projected immigration figures to form an opinion.
The real figures year in year out are all you need to know something is terribly wrong

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Without a good economy the UK would be totally and utterly ****ed though. It's all very well talking about security and sovereignty and the ability to pass your own laws but if you can't afford to pay for these it's a pointless discussion. Economics has to be top of the pile in my opinion as every other item and desire feeds off of it.

As an aside I feel this is the wrong time for this referendum. Why not have it when the UK is a position of economic strength? Surely this would be better for the Brexit lot as surely more would vote out if they knew the country had a better chance of weathering the exit fall out? You had one shot at this is a generation so why time it for now?

Strange that economic security is apparently at the top of the pile yet you want Corbyn and McDonnell running the country.

Bizarre point, who do you think chooses the timing of the referendum?

D

Deleted member 22389

one thing is for certain, i dont think JC Footy needs nonsense projected immigration figures to form an opinion.
The real figures year in year out are all you need to know something is terribly wrong

The figures are terribly wrong, year after year the immigration figures are more than they tell us. If they are so out on these sorts of figures, then why should we believe a single word they say about our economy. I'm afraid it is just rich business owners, politicians and banks all scratching each others backs. These people never lose, but we do. There is no sudden influx of people coming for their jobs, I'm all right Jack.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Your probably correct, in theory. But as with a lot of things the reality is different. To be perfectly frank, young brilliant smart programmers and coders are ten a penny. It's a talent, but one which so many many people have. So 'the best' isn't just based on their ability to do the job. When you have 10 equally strong candidates other factors come into play. And for small start ups other factors will come into play. It's also worth pointing out sometimes you don't need the best...just someone to do a reliable professional job. In fact it's sometimes better to recruit these latter types.

When are you coming over?

and you might have a point also,but you are adding in factors such as how easy is it for the bloke to start on monday?ok he is eu lets take him......what if half your candidates were Indian,quite possible amongst smart programmers and coders,why should they be at a disadvantage? I cant buy into the idea you would want to simply take on someone that is reliable over someone that might be incredible for your company,but wont do it because he is indian and needs a permit to work(its a permit thing not a race thing before someone goes nutty)

can you seriously not see this point of view? can you not see the advantages of being able to recruit globally and equally amongst everyone?

you find that goulash bar near marienplatz i will be over like a shot,i dont think i will meet you though.....whats your wife like.......fair game?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Do you mean the ONS predictions? We get regular checks on how accurate immigration figures are (see today) we also have factual (ish) data on what has happened in the past. Whereas economists are making predictions about Brexit with no past similar examples to base their opinions on and have to factor in many more assumptions on the performance of the global economy. Apples and Oranges.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The figures are terribly wrong, year after year the immigration figures are more than they tell us. If they are so out on these sorts of figures, then why should we believe a single word they say about our economy. I'm afraid it is just rich business owners, politicians and banks all scratching each others backs. These people never lose, but we do. There is no sudden influx of people coming for their jobs, I'm all right Jack.

One thing is for certain from this whole debate and i hate to admit it.
I was very much a tory stalwart and didnt buy much into the whole the lies are deep deep deep ingrained into the establishment nonsense,even though i always knew politicians told porkies.

its clear beyond all doubt now all these frackers on all sides lie like its no tomorrow. Even as a tory i love some labour politicians like the beast for example but i dont think i could trust either of these two parties or their individuals again.They are really going to have to go full pelt to persuade me to vote(tory) or trust any of them again. I may calm down when i remind myself that traitor **** cameron is no longer in the picture.

Anyone want to form a NSC political party? no bullshit,no lies,craft beer for everyone and guppy does the economic forecasts.........bloody vote winner that is

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and you might have a point also,but you are adding in factors such as how easy is it for the bloke to start on monday?ok he is eu lets take him......what if half your candidates were Indian,quite possible amongst smart programmers and coders,why should they be at a disadvantage? I cant buy into the idea you would want to simply take on someone that is reliable over someone that might be incredible for your company,but wont do it because he is indian and needs a permit to work(its a permit thing not a race thing before someone goes nutty)

can you seriously not see this point of view? can you not see the advantages of being able to recruit globally and equally amongst everyone?

you find that goulash bar near marienplatz i will be over like a shot,i dont think i will meet you though.....whats your wife like.......fair game?

I see your point. But it's a very theoretical point. Trust me there are heaps of brilliant programmers out there. You don't need to waste time and energy trawling the earth to find the very best as brilliant will often do. And small start ups don't have the resources to do this anyway.

The wife...she'd eat you alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here