Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Forgive me, but I've just corrected the first part of your post for you as above.

I think you are probably right, I'm just trying to cling to some hope that little England isn't going to descend into an isolated 2nd world country on the fringes of Europe.

My biggest fear is the younger generation are going to be left with a train wreck of a country

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yeah,funny that.Couldn't find it in the Guardian,or any other lefty rag,and don't read the Mail (it's a bit agricultural for me).

The fact that it's a bit of a non-story and total spin might have something to do with that, even for The Daily Mail. It's a bit like saying the fact the Indian cricket team are touring here next summer is a triumphant, ringing endorsement of Brexit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The fact that it's a bit of a non-story and total spin might have something to do with that, even for The Daily Mail. It's a bit like saying the fact the Indian cricket team are touring here next summer is a triumphant, ringing endorsement of Brexit.

Well I must admit,I found the three different posts quoting Bloomberg saying Brexit was almost as stupid as electing Trump a tad irritating,so used Westmonster to quote the other half of the interview as a counter irritant!Watched most of it on telly,and the analysis of how green the building was,is the funniest thing this week.The carbon footprint of the building work won't be balanced for 73 years!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think you are probably right, I'm just trying to cling to some hope that little England isn't going to descend into an isolated 2nd world country on the fringes of Europe.

My biggest fear is the younger generation are going to be left with a train wreck of a country

We are leaving so we can stay in the first world.The younger generation are lucky-at least they should get a job here.Have you seen the latest youth unemployment figures for the EU?Now THAT is a train-wreck!

Jan 30, 2008
We are leaving so we can stay in the first world.The younger generation are lucky-at least they should get a job here.Have you seen the latest youth unemployment figures for the EU?Now THAT is a train-wreck!
it's a sinking ship we're getting out at the right time,it's only a matter of time before another EU member gets cold feet ,you have to be a bit deluded not to realise that
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well I must admit,I found the three different posts quoting Bloomberg saying Brexit was almost as stupid as electing Trump a tad irritating,so used Westmonster to quote the other half of the interview as a counter irritant!Watched most of it on telly,and the analysis of how green the building was,is the funniest thing this week.The carbon footprint of the building work won't be balanced for 73 years!:lolol:

Actually whilst you're there, I have a random question for you. On Tuesday afternoon there was an army helicopter flying over Hastings seafront, east to west along the coast. I looked up as I was on the seafront and there were 2 soldiers waving and punching the air at everyone looking up at it as it flew along and good on 'em. During a conversation in the evening about it, none of us could think where it might have been flying to or from in terms of bases etc. What would your learned opinion be?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Actually whilst you're there, I have a random question for you. On Tuesday afternoon there was an army helicopter flying over Hastings seafront, east to west along the coast. I looked up as I was on the seafront and there were 2 soldiers waving and punching the air at everyone looking up at it as it flew along and good on 'em. During a conversation in the evening about it, none of us could think where it might have been flying to or from in terms of bases etc. What would your learned opinion be?

Long past me knowing of current ops.Would have thought it far more likely to be Royal Marines/SBS on a coastal security exercise,possibly working with coastguards on anti people/drug smuggling,rather than Army.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Long past me knowing of current ops.Would have thought it far more likely to be Royal Marines/SBS on a coastal security exercise,possibly working with coastguards on anti people/drug smuggling,rather than Army.

Fair enough. I just assumed it was army as it was camouflaged as were the guys looking out.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Fair enough. I just assumed it was army as it was camouflaged as were the guys looking out.

Very difficult to see the difference between Army and RM,unless they were wearing berets (green for Marines).If their faces were covered with black nasty,they were Special Forces.:lolol:

sf.jpg

Spot the difference competition.A mixed group of SAS/SBS!

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think Davis was absolutely correct in what he said. The entire negotiations are at the mercy of the EU27 and, if they can't agree the deal between themselves, this process will drag on and on. Of course this goes against what May has said to parliament and he was told to go back and say it would be OK. We'll have to wait and see, but I can easily see this happening.

That was sort of my point, I am not saying Davies was wrong what I am saying is that The minister in charge is obviously not even discussing it with May, both knew the meeting was going to happen live on TV.
Then you have Johnson v Hammond, Rees Mogg and his crew v other backbenchers supporting the PM who pops over to try and sort it out but gets isolated, only rescued by sound bites from the likes of Merkel only to be shot down again by the chief negotiator.
My guess is that Europe doesn't really care and at the moment are playing games while we make fools of ourselves.
Unless something amazing happens no way will this be sorted in time unless we collapse and accept any deal.
No deal will cause major problems especially with the majority who wanted out, let alone a lot of Tories.
Or is this what the remainer May and her gang wanted all along.
It's a mess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very difficult to see the difference between Army and RM,unless they were wearing berets (green for Marines).If their faces were covered with black nasty,they were Special Forces.:lolol:

View attachment 90565

Have they all just won the pools? (Only people of a certain age will get this)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Were you stupid before the referendum or did Brexit bring it on?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Were you stupid before the referendum or did Brexit bring it on?

Oh dear,I will be gentle with you as you probably read the Mirror.These figures are from August,when the holiday youth employment figures are at their best,so they will be considerably higher now.If you have a degree in the EU you will probably be alright,for a while.If your qualifications ain't that good,the dole,or crime,are probably your career opportunities as a kid.Open your eyes to the facts instead of propaganda.

yu.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

They were wearing camouflage, had helmets on and glasses. I assume berets would contravene health and safety requirements for helicopter flights over the Sussex coast.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
That was sort of my point, I am not saying Davies was wrong what I am saying is that The minister in charge is obviously not even discussing it with May, both knew the meeting was going to happen live on TV.
Then you have Johnson v Hammond, Rees Mogg and his crew v other backbenchers supporting the PM who pops over to try and sort it out but gets isolated, only rescued by sound bites from the likes of Merkel only to be shot down again by the chief negotiator.
My guess is that Europe doesn't really care and at the moment are playing games while we make fools of ourselves.
Unless something amazing happens no way will this be sorted in time unless we collapse and accept any deal.
No deal will cause major problems especially with the majority who wanted out, let alone a lot of Tories.
Or is this what the remainer May and her gang wanted all along.
It's a mess.

I can't see the EU not caring about the divorce bill. If we just leave without paying anything then it will be left to (mainly) Germany to cover the payments to the recipients. They could sue us but, bearing in mind that it would by then be March 2019, they would be unlikely to get anything more. The way I see it is that the Tories realise that this is the most likely outcome - given that we won't be able to agree the Irish border or the divorce bill. However, the timing isn't right to say so and they need to pretend that everything is going well.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
They were wearing camouflage, had helmets on and glasses. I assume berets would contravene health and safety requirements for helicopter flights over the Sussex coast.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Have they all just won the pools? (Only people of a certain age will get this)

I'm definitely old enough to remember that.And the Radio Luxembourg adverts (Vernons Pools?)-K E Y N S H A M,near Bristol.:lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear,I will be gentle with you as you probably read the Mirror.These figures are from August,when the holiday youth employment figures are at their best,so they will be considerably higher now.If you have a degree in the EU you will probably be alright,for a while.If your qualifications ain't that good,the dole,or crime,are probably your career opportunities as a kid.Open your eyes to the facts instead of propaganda.

View attachment 90566

I'll take that as "before".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here