Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The EU has just signed a new trade deal with Canada and in turn Canada has a trade deal with the USA I guess this might be a route send the wings to Canada to fit the last rivet then import into the USA

But as soon as we leave we won't have a trade deal with Canada.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But as soon as we leave we won't have a trade deal with Canada.

I thought both countries were looking to continue the 'essence' of the CETA agreement that applied to UK and Canadian Trade during the transition process.Then use it as the basis for a new improved deal as soon as possible.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Quite a few on here are saying Brexit has ruined youngsters chances of this,that,and the other,in Europe.They didn't seem that bothered.Just want to make a living,and hoping for a successful economy after we have left.

Hoping, yes, expecting though, not so much.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I and many others were hoping, yes, for a leave vote. We expect and have belief in this union and it's people. Remainers, they seem to think the UK is done and only has a future as a vassal state.

There are a number of different outcomes for the UK outside the EU, none of them are in my opinion going to be better. It is a backwards step, the size of that step is as yet undetermined.
We are already pretty much a vassal state of the US, a step away from the EU just increases the pressure to keep Uncle Sam happy.
Britain is not done though, even if we leave with no deal, but it will be hard times for a long time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are a number of different outcomes for the UK outside the EU, none of them are in my opinion going to be better. It is a backwards step, the size of that step is as yet undetermined.
We are already pretty much a vassal state of the US, a step away from the EU just increases the pressure to keep Uncle Sam happy.
Britain is not done though, even if we leave with no deal, but it will be hard times for a long time.

Think people are starting to realise there isn't a land of milk and honey after Brexit.

Meanwhile Boris is at it again saying we need a short transitional period, from the guy remember, that wanted Turkey to join the EU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQ3Gbiopc4

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I thought both countries were looking to continue the 'essence' of the CETA agreement that applied to UK and Canadian Trade during the transition process.Then use it as the basis for a new improved deal as soon as possible.

Ah... "looking to", "the essence", "the basis", "as soon as possible". If all those ducks line up then, yes, we might have a trade deal with Canada as good as the one we have already. Probably. Some time.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All in hand,nothing to see here,please move along to a new whine........

facts not waffle.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
All in hand,nothing to see here,please move along to a new whine........

View attachment 89786

It will be just like everything else involved in Brexit, they will say it will be quick, easy and wonderfully beneficial, but when the process starts, they get stuck at the first hurdle.
Some of CETA is quotas for products, and numbers were negotiated with the UK as part of the EU, Canada may say they will have to renegotiate a reduction in the EU allowed quotas in order to give us that portion we ask for. There is possibility for a renegotiation of CETA, before we can then try and do a deal for the UK, it took seven years to get it done before, but I am sure they could do it in half the time as a rework of the original, depending on how the Walloons feel about it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It will be just like everything else involved in Brexit, they will say it will be quick, easy and wonderfully beneficial, but when the process starts, they get stuck at the first hurdle.
Some of CETA is quotas for products, and numbers were negotiated with the UK as part of the EU, Canada may say they will have to renegotiate a reduction in the EU allowed quotas in order to give us that portion we ask for. There is possibility for a renegotiation of CETA, before we can then try and do a deal for the UK, it took seven years to get it done before, but I am sure they could do it in half the time as a rework of the original, depending on how the Walloons feel about it.

Think the Walloons are too busy digging up Flemish road signs to be bothered.Trudeau said the deal could be signed the day after we leave.He actually looks quite trustworthy for a politician-maybe honesty is a family trait,and his father taught him well.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Think the Walloons are too busy digging up Flemish road signs to be bothered.Trudeau said the deal could be signed the day after we leave.He actually looks quite trustworthy for a politician-maybe honesty is a family trait,and his father taught him well.

I will eat whats left of Kosh's big Ritchie Blackmore hat if we sign a trade deal with Canada the day after we leave the EU, or even the day after we leave the 2 year transitional period.
I like him, but he cant do the impossible, if we all listened to his Dad we would not be going ahead with Brexit, his motto was Reason before Passion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

New Zealand might be easier, lets be positive

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
New Zealand might be easier, lets be positive

Don't the New Year fireworks displays on the telly start off in New Zealand?We could emulate that with a Trade Deal signing ceremony around the World on Independence Day 2019.:thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here