Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I read a lot of polls and Surveys after the referendum, what was shown was that the older you were the more likely you were to vote Leave, it was also shown that the lower your level of education, the more likely you were to vote leave. These are not things I imagined.
I don't see it as an intelligent position to be not bothered if we are in or out, I am pretty sure most of the intelligent young people would have a preference one way or the other, and if polls and surveys are to be trusted, most of them would want to remain.
These sodding Polls and Surveys are a complete waste of time.
What has Polls and Surveys got to do with us pulling out of the EU anyway ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The new EU regulations promote competition for the market between rail operators irrespective of ownership structure, but not privatisation. As far as renationalisation is concerned the reality is that, unless the rules are interpreted in an extreme way, they do not make it any easier or more difficult than the structure in place at the moment. The only thing that the new system will almost certainly rule out is state monopolies that do not have to compete with rivals to win franchises, renationalised or otherwise.

Indeed,but difficult obstacles none the less when you have to compete to win franchises.
Nice copy and paste job by the way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The new EU regulations promote competition for the market between rail operators irrespective of ownership structure, but not privatisation. As far as renationalisation is concerned the reality is that, unless the rules are interpreted in an extreme way, they do not make it any easier or more difficult than the structure in place at the moment. The only thing that the new system will almost certainly rule out is state monopolies that do not have to compete with rivals to win franchises, renationalised or otherwise.

Fair definition of a nationalised industry, that - so, if we don't leave, all the juvenile Corbynistas can't have one. Best come round to support your pro-leave leader then..........

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Indeed,but difficult obstacles none the less when you have to compete to win franchises.
Nice copy and paste job by the way.

The point is renationlisation is possable within the EU rules and in reality state ownership free from the need to provide a return to shareholders will always be the most cost effective if set up and run correctly

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Who would we rather have as our biggest trading partner, EU or the US?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41397181

Maybe we'll have more luck with Bombardier beer

Welcome to our brave new world

The EU has just signed a new trade deal with Canada and in turn Canada has a trade deal with the USA I guess this might be a route send the wings to Canada to fit the last rivet then import into the USA

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This labour conference has really highlighted the possibility that a spat within the Tory party with the ring wing anti EU element getting their referendum but potentially leading to the first non Blair led labour majority for about 50 years. It could happen and we will have a double whammy of being hit economically by leaving the EU and then by the government. I am amazed that some on the right have not twigged that they are facilitating a labour government. Odd.

Some of the debate at the labour conference has been odd. For example they are talking about "renationalising" academies. They are currently nationalised I.e. The funding agreement with the trust is signed by the Secretary of State and they can't make a profit. What labour mean is that they wil devolve power back to local authorities rather than nationalised. They throw around terms like "privatising education" when it is nothing of the sort. People lap it up and it is very odd.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
These sodding Polls and Surveys are a complete waste of time.
What has Polls and Surveys got to do with us pulling out of the EU anyway ?

I was advised to read more of them by Two Professors, can't please everyone can you.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The EU has just signed a new trade deal with Canada and in turn Canada has a trade deal with the USA I guess this might be a route send the wings to Canada to fit the last rivet then import into the USA

The 220% duty is to be charged against the Canadian company, who in turn may have to stop production in NI.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I was advised to read more of them by Two Professors, can't please everyone can you.

The more information the better,as far as I'm concerned.A lot of people with entrenched views of how the young feel about Brexit might do very well to look up Generation Z on Newsbeat.Don't suppose they will though-pity.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The point is renationlisation is possable within the EU rules and in reality state ownership free from the need to provide a return to shareholders will always be the most cost effective if set up and run correctly

Then why does the Soviet Union not exist any more.The state is always bloody useless at running any industry.Look at the shambles that is Venezuela before spouting rubbish about state ownership.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The more information the better,as far as I'm concerned.A lot of people with entrenched views of how the young feel about Brexit might do very well to look up Generation Z on Newsbeat.Don't suppose they will though-pity.

I already know about Generation Z. So what point are you trying to make?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why is anyone making the Bombardier issue about Brexit? it could just as easily be Airbus, and probably will be next. its just plain old protectionism from US based company.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I already know about Generation Z. So what point are you trying to make?

Quite a few on here are saying Brexit has ruined youngsters chances of this,that,and the other,in Europe.They didn't seem that bothered.Just want to make a living,and hoping for a successful economy after we have left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here