Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Listened to Farage on R2 this afternoon. Claiming to speak for the people again. What a two faced piece of shit he is. Vine is too soft an interviewer for Farage. When is somebody going to push him on how much money he has made from the EU? Why he still takes their/our money for doing nothing. I had to switch off, odious turd.
nothing like running from the truth :rolleyes:
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, they seem to have as many conflicting positions on Europe as the Conservative Party these days. As far as respecting the in/out referendum is concerned any action proposed by the Labour Party, whatever it is, can surely only be taken after due democratic process - it is not as though they are planning a coup d'etat.

For all their faults and divisions the Tories have remained consistent about Single Market membership and the customs union. We are leaving both. Official Labour party policy depends on who you talk to/make it up as you go along. Democratic process as in saying one thing before the election to get votes then doing a U - turn. There would be no democratic mandate had they gained power.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted member 22389

Listened to Farage on R2 this afternoon. Claiming to speak for the people again. What a two faced piece of shit he is. Vine is too soft an interviewer for Farage. When is somebody going to push him on how much money he has made from the EU? Why he still takes their/our money for doing nothing. I had to switch off, odious turd.

But you have Farage as your avatar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No reason but you seem to be making light of a very serious disagreement between us and the EU (or should that be us and you). This is very likely to be boiling along for a long time unless the EU sees sense and agrees a reasonable settlement.

I'm not making light of anything. The government were very badly advised in that case. Are these lawyers advising on EU law when they seemingly don't even know UK law?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
EU law? It seems to me that they're making this up as they go along.

It probably seems that way, if incompetent lawyers are advising you.

Anyway. I'm off out now. Have a nice evening.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
For all their faults and divisions the Tories have remained consistent about Single Market membership and the customs union. We are leaving both. Official Labour party policy depends on who you talk to/make it up as you go along. Democratic process as in saying one thing before the election to get votes then doing a U - turn. There would be no democratic mandate had they gained power.
I agree that there would have been a shortage of mandate if Labour had been elected on a series of pledges and then abandoned them - as the Tories have done - but as I hoped was clear I was talking about the present and future, not the past. If Labour was to be elected on the currently mooted platform of softening Brexit then of course there would no democratic deficit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I agree that there would have been a shortage of mandate if Labour had been elected on a series of pledges and then abandoned them - as the Tories have done - but as I hoped was clear I was talking about the present and future, not the past. If Labour was to be elected on the currently mooted platform of softening Brexit then of course there would no democratic deficit.

I seem to remember you being mildly perturbed that a Tory win at the last GE would be presented as a mandate for 'hard' Brexit despite people voting for numerous reasons ... trying to have your cake and eat it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So. You ask a ton of question to which you obviously don't know the answer...and conclude by saying the enterprise is corrupt. Genius.

how else would you describe the situation, with this revelation that the UK is contributing 3-4 times more than in the published EU budget? im surprised this doesnt raise eyebrows in Germany, they are subsidising the project and seems they are paying far more then told.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
how else would you describe the situation, with this revelation that the UK is contributing 3-4 times more than in the published EU budget? im surprised this doesnt raise eyebrows in Germany, they are subsidising the project and seems they are paying far more then told.

It's what pays Nigel Farage's salary and expenses. Don't see him complaining about that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No reason but you seem to be making light of a very serious disagreement between us and the EU (or should that be us and you). This is very likely to be boiling along for a long time unless the EU sees sense and agrees a reasonable settlement.

The EU see sense? That's a bit rich given the way David Davis is carrying on. He was asked, by a FedEx executive, about his tech-and-trust customs proposal yesterday and embarrassingly couldn't explain what it was. On a world stage, utterly embarrassing.

Britain wants to leave, Britain has said no deal is better than a bad deal.... the EU doesn't have to see any sense. This is very much Britains mess to sort out.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Staggering how the narrative has shifted from "they need us more than we need them so a trade deal is inevitable" to "they are protecting themselves and not letting us have our cake and eat it which proves we are right to leave"

At what point will people realise they have been sold a pup. Another fun you gov poll out which shows that leave voters are considerably more likely to believe conspiracy theories. Who would have thought it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here