Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Expect I could find a poorly sourced Mirror article and compare it to a well sourced Telegraph article..

Go on then, find a poorly sourced remain article and compare it with a well sourced Brexit article. You might easily be able to find the former but I bet you'll be hard pressed on the latter. You mention the Telegraph, I've read their stuff too of course and while it's not as blatantly false as the other rags, in most cases their articles still fail to stand up to scrutiny when you know how to critically assess sources as well as I do. Go on, I'd like to get my teeth into one of these "well sourced Brexit articles" and prove to you exactly why you're full of shit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Go on then, find a poorly sourced remain article and compare it with a well sourced Brexit article. You might easily be able to find the former but I bet you'll be hard pressed on the latter. You mention the Telegraph, I've read their stuff too of course and while it's not as blatantly false as the other rags, in most cases their articles still fail to stand up to scrutiny when you know how to critically assess sources as well as I do. Go on, I'd like to get my teeth into one of these "well sourced Brexit articles" and prove to you exactly why you're full of shit.

Here he is, William Shakespeare.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You gotta get the spelling right when questioning another posters good or bad posts, them's the rule .............. get editing.

You mean we'll/well? It's called autocorrect. Seriously? That's all you've got?
Despite your frantic editing you still messed up your grammar on that post. Jeez, you're pitiful.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Home Office at it's resplendent, administrative finest yet again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41027671

You fooled me there. The Home Office reference made me think it was a report about that glorious department's pre-referendum decision regarding a paper drawn up by its own officials (with help from MI5 and MI6) that revealed how Brexit may make Britons less secure from terrorism, criminality and illegal migration. The Home Office, whose primary remit is to make us more secure from these things, took the obvious course. They squashed it until now, well after the referendum. Home Secretary at the time? Theresa May. Downing Street refuses to comment.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is on the airwaves though, basically saying that it's a load of old rubbish and he knows more about security and stuff than the Home Office, MI5 and MI6.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
NEW EU regulations from 1 September will ban powerful vacuum motors being sold and imported in the UK. Consumers have been warned to "act quickly" if they're in the market for a vacuum cleaner.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/844829/EU-rules-buy-a-vacuum-Dyson-hoover-cleaner

Thank god this madness will soon end. #takebackcontrol

Is that why Dyson has been in a sulk? I'd buy an EU made Miele all day long

Anyway we will still be complying the EU standards after Brexit

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This has nothing to do with the point which was made and which I agree with.

He went at a complete tangent. Just wonder how many of these oldies will be Long gone by the time the whole Brexit thing has run its course

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He went at a complete tangent.

and then dressed his argument up with personal emotion. That's pretty low in my opinion.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He went at a complete tangent. Just wonder how many of these oldies will be Long gone by the time the whole Brexit thing has run its course

I rarely get offended nor genuinely mad on NSC or in real life come to that matter, but I find your disdain for the elderly, notably British elderly quite unpleasant.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know you are desperate to be given an A* from your mates for that tedious effort of a post, but you then go on to compound your earlier incursion of unacceptable references with a new vamped up animation of 'Windowlicker', are your seriously that dim.

Why oh why have you compiled a number of selected links and quotes to then offer up as anything more than a 12 year old homework project I will never know, its a million words too long irrespective of its merits, but you are serving it up as if it is some definitive academic paper, its all a little awkward.

You might get a few 'pats on the back' from the usual suspects, but my god man give the windowlicking reference a miss and cut your posts down to no more than six words, four if possible.

I find this line particularly amusing. You are the king of verbosity and also tautological terms; why use two or three words when one will do?

Actually, in your case, I know the answer.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Only 18 months to go now.A miserable sod like you will probably snuff it before his time anyway.:wave:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You fooled me there. The Home Office reference made me think it was a report about that glorious department's pre-referendum decision regarding a paper drawn up by its own officials (with help from MI5 and MI6) that revealed how Brexit may make Britons less secure from terrorism, criminality and illegal migration. The Home Office, whose primary remit is to make us more secure from these things, took the obvious course. They squashed it until now, well after the referendum. Home Secretary at the time? Theresa May. Downing Street refuses to comment.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is on the airwaves though, basically saying that it's a load of old rubbish and he knows more about security and stuff than the Home Office, MI5 and MI6.

I read that as well today. It would appear the Home Secretary at the time may have been alluding to that report when she said the below though:

Cg5eUVSWsAAyhn0.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
NEW EU regulations from 1 September will ban powerful vacuum motors being sold and imported in the UK. Consumers have been warned to "act quickly" if they're in the market for a vacuum cleaner.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/844829/EU-rules-buy-a-vacuum-Dyson-hoover-cleaner

Thank god this madness will soon end. #takebackcontrol

Oh - now I understand - we voted to leave so we could carry on buying high powered vacuums. At last a reason for Brexit.

But wait - if we want to carry on selling to the EU we still have to abide by their rules. Doh!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I rarely get offended nor genuinely mad on NSC or in real life come to that matter, but I find your disdain for the elderly, notably British elderly quite unpleasant.

Yes, this. Debate the pros and cons by all means, but the constant diatribe that all leavers are old, racist, selfish and trying to f**k things up for their children is, at best, tiresome. At worst, childish; 'toys' and 'pram' come to mind.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have argued before that our voting system served UKIP very badly in 2015. They should have finished up with several dozen MPs. It was wrong that they didn't. Some have suggested that if Cameron hadn't offered a referendum they might even have been the largest party. I doubt that for the simple reason that while coming out of the EU might have had appeal for large numbers of voters, other considerations, such as the economy, health or education would have been more important to those voters than the EU and UKIP has always scored low in those areas. In other words, people would have been led in the direction of nuanced decisions in the voting booths. They would have said: "Yes, I like UKIP's policy on immigration but other things matter more and I think that Labour or the Tories offer the best policies there so I will vote for them."

I know why Brexiteers do it but it is just too simplistic to say that 70 per cent of people wanted immigration reduced and therefore any failure to do so was a failure of democracy. It is like saying that because 70 per cent of people want hanging reintroduced, or speed limits cut to 20mph, or Prince William made king now it is a failure of democracy if that doesn't happen. It is no such thing.

The referendum was a simple yes/no question that took no account of how important the subject was to individuals relative to other topics. It placed a hugely complex issue in splendid isolation and invited people to see the subject in simple black and white.

UKIP's support would probably depend on how the immigration issue played out with ongoing net immigration running at around 300,000. The rise of Corbyn suggests people are willing to vote for people who offer unrealistic, populist solutions.

Having no mainstream party addressing the legitimate concerns of a clear majority combined with no parliamentary representation for the one party that does, opens the way for more extreme options/parties which is a failure in our democratic system.

What about the who governs us, sovereignty point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here