Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone who thinks the UK is a small tinpot country who coundn't survive on its own is not thinking straight, just like those who think its the sunny uplands if we exit

But most of the remain argument is that we couldn't survive without being in the EU. :lolol:

I'm not joking, really, just re read this thread (I know you wont its waaaaayyyyyy too long)

So if we can survive on our own two feet financially trading with the world in your opinion, why on earth do you want to stay in the EU under its current form? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
She said this: "In my view, it is an increase in the percentage of our national income that we spend on health and care that will save the NHS, not Brexit. After the rebate and funds already committed to support farmers, exporters, regional development projects and science, the leave campaign clearly does not have an extra £350m per week to promise the NHS and they should stop treating the public as fools."

For those unaware of the context, this was a comment by a leading Brexit-supporting MP, chairman of the Health Select Committee, attacking the Leave campaign for its distortions. She also said that she would not distribute "deliberately misleading" Brexit literature.

Has anyone from the Leave campaign actually said WE WILL DEFINITELY SPEND ALL OF THE £350 MILL ON THE NHS? ???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Close. Made my first boeuf a la bourguignonne which inlcuded half glass of brandy a bottle of wine. Perhaps not burnt off? Bloody foriegn dishes, where is a beef wellington when you need one

Ask your mates at EU towers.... :lolol: in GERMAN

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But most of the remain argument is that we couldn't survive without being in the EU. :lolol:

I'm not joking, really, just re read this thread (I know you wont its waaaaayyyyyy too long)

So if we can survive on our own two feet financially trading with the world in your opinion, why on earth do you want to stay in the EU under its current form? ???

To think the country wont survive on its own, to use your words, it nonsense and I havent seen any post that says that. But you are saying the remain say that ???

Are you suggesting Iceland will invade, or that others have?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Close. Made my first boeuf a la bourguignonne which inlcuded half glass of brandy a bottle of wine. Perhaps not burnt off? Bloody foriegn dishes, where is a beef wellington when you need one

Diluted, along with 27 other European dishes I'm afraid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To think the country wont survive on its own, to use your words, it nonsense and I havent seen any post that says that. But you are saying the remain say that ???

Are you suggesting Iceland will invade, or that others have?

No not invade, we wont survive financially without the apron strings of the EU.

5th largest economy in the world but we wont survive on our own.............. even though its a lot of our money propping up the EU as we speak.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Those nice overpaid and unelected chaps in Brussels are working on a more Euro acceptable version even now!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No not invade, we wont survive financially without the apron strings of the EU.

5th largest economy in the world but we wont survive on our own.............. even though its a lot of our money propping up the EU as we speak.

But the only person saying the UK wont survive is you

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But the only person saying the UK wont survive is you

:facepalm:

I know you came late to this thread, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The whole REMAIN argument is 99% based on the (guesswork) financial implications to this country if we leave the EU.

Seriously , where have you been the last few weeks?

In the toilet? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They are claiming we'd be £350 million better off though.

If we're not paying it to the EU wont we be then?

Or will it just balance the books from the slight short term dip the country might go through from leaving.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If we're not paying it to the EU wont we be then?

Or will it just balance the books from the slight short term dip the country might go through from leaving.

We don't pay that amount to the EU. That's the gross figure before the rebate is deducted. The rebate's taken off before a payment is made so we send about 250 mill. Another 100 mill comes back to the UK to farmers, deprived areas, scientific research etc.

So it's less than 150 mill in the end. Still a great deal of money but not the figure being trumpeted by the Brexiters.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
They are claiming we'd be £350 million better off though.

About as 'quazie' as saying we'll be losing what percentage leaving? Take your pick, GDP 6%, Personal wealth 4.8%, House prices 10%. All stretched over 10 forecasting years! Quality bollocks.
I know the figures may be wrong but for sense sake these figures are miniscule over 10 - 15 yrs!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We don't pay that amount to the EU. That's the gross figure before the rebate is deducted. The rebate's taken off before a payment is made so we send about 250 mill. Another 100 mill comes back to the UK to farmers, deprived areas, scientific research etc.

So it's less than 150 mill in the end. Still a great deal of money but not the figure being trumpeted by the Brexiters.

Thats nice. Who decides where this rebate goes?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's not the rebate. The rebate is never sent.

EU spending on the UK is decided by the Commission, the Council and Parliament.

Mmmm, I'm still not seeing the upside.

Stay with me here, but would it not be best just to keep that money and spend it what we want? Particularly as its our money.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Three facts out of many.

Switzerland is the industrial giant of Europe.
Their GDP is twice as large as ours.
Switzerland is not in the E.U.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here