Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Goes to show that those the shout loudest aren't necessarily the majority.

Top 5 posters in this thread have a combined 59 posts for Brexit supporters and 59 posts for Remain supporters. In that other thread it's 250 posts for Brexit supporters and 356 posts for Remain supporters. In both threads the poster who has posted by far the most is a Remain supporter. Remind me who's shouting the loudest?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Top 5 posters in this thread have a combined 59 posts for Brexit supporters and 59 posts for Remain supporters. In that other thread it's 250 posts for Brexit supporters and 356 posts for Remain supporters. In both threads the poster who has posted by far the most is a Remain supporter. Remind me who's shouting the loudest?

Could we have stats for the other thread please? I'm having a nap

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We are part of the EU, part of the modern world and we really should step up and make the EU better.

Agree. This constant moaning from the side lines has to stop. If the UK votes to leave then fine, but please **** right off and don't start moaning yet again if things don't work out and these supposed numerous nations don't queue up to roll over on trade deals. Equally, if you do vote to remain get stuck in and start shaping the future. Be fully committed to whatever you choose.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What is the current balance on this poll... I can't see it on Tapatalk. .. polls threads show..but not the poll result itself.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Worth looking at:
"
Boris and his co-campaigners are in for a hard confrontation with reality if they think stand-alone Britain could sign better free trade agreements. No doubt it could negotiate a trade deal with India, but what exactly is the evidence or logic behind the notion that India would offer the UK better market access than what the EU got? Stand-alone Britain has so much less to offer India in return for better access and, in bilateral trade agreements, reciprocal exchange of trade benefits is everything. Like Iceland and Switzerland, post-Brexit UK could do a trade agreement with China, but do Brexiteers really want to copy these agreements? Have they even read them?

Iceland’s trade agreement with China is hardly an example because its dominant ambition was to get better openness for its $61 million exports of fish. It couldn’t offer China much in new exports to Iceland, but it had another currency to pay for its small gains: supporting China’s frenetic campaign to get a seat at the table of the new Great Game in the Arctic. The Swiss trade deal with China has largely been inconsequential for bilateral trade. Swiss export growth to China after the deal has been weaker than, for instance, UK export growth to China. And don’t be surprised about that outcome. Switzerland doesn’t have the economic power to open up China’s protected sectors. Nor does Britain. Those who think China, an economy almost five times the size of Britain’s, would liberalise in a trade deal with the UK have another thing coming. Britain’s chief priorities for better market access in China is exactly in those sectors that are highly protected and where the state still dominate.

There is a debate to be had over EU trade policy. But what should worry those who want freer trade for Britain is that Boris and his group are talking nonsense – not on a marginal issue, but one that they have promoted as a central cause for leaving the EU."

conclusion: size matters.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...lking-nonsense-about-britains-trade-policies/

Again the EU is basically Germany, France and the UK. The truth is everybody else is in it (or want to join it) for what they can get out of it. The EU has been a tremendous drain on the British economy.

If we leave, I'm pretty sure Denmark will look to follow ASAP (they're teetering as it is) . So whats left? Well the French are busy smashing up Spanish wine imports which will leave the Germans to prop up the lot. Not sure that will go down well with the voters there.

If the Germans want to alienate 60 million buyers with silly tariffs then let them.

What the other satellite states do I don't really care, do we buy much from Lithuania? ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I've been trying to find this out for other threads. Where is the option on NSC to find this sort of info ? Thanks

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was only making an observation. I believe I read Turkey, and Serbia were 2 countries wanting to join the EU ( presumably 'dickheads' ). My guess is there are more.

Please feel free to correct me, I have no desire to spend time researching it at this moment.

Thanks but no thanks. Serbia? How will them joining make all our lives better and more prosperous? Might do a bit in Serbia but not here.

The Turks are basically bribing/blackmailing (how ever you want to look at it) the EU to get what they want by taking back a load of refugees. Again, in it for themselves. Turkeys demands arn't going to benefit Britain financially

Sounds like a great club to be a part of. Welcome aboard ! Turkey and Serbia. :facepalm:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thanks but no thanks. Serbia? How will them joining make all our lives better and more prosperous? Might do a bit in Serbia but not here.

The Turks are basically bribing/blackmailing (how ever you want to look at it) the EU to get what they want by taking back a load of refugees. Again, in it for themselves. Turkeys demands arn't going to benefit Britain financially

Sounds like a great club to be a part of. Welcome aboard ! Turkey and Serbia. :facepalm:

Erm, the point was about only 'dickheads' wanting to join the EU if they were joining now.

I simply don't think that is the case.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Agree. This constant moaning from the side lines has to stop. If the UK votes to leave then fine, but please **** right off and don't start moaning yet again if things don't work out and these supposed numerous nations don't queue up to roll over on trade deals. Equally, if you do vote to remain get stuck in and start shaping the future. Be fully committed to whatever you choose.

We are not in the euro, the future of the EU will and must be set by the euro one countries.

Given the scale of the integration required by the eurozone countries to help the euro succeed, what help can the UK provide?

We will remain a net payer I guess, and continue to see 700k pa migrating to the UK for work, a process that is gradually hollowing out poor EU countries of their youth.

It's ironic that (if polls are to be believed) it's the young that want to remain, and then they have the temerity to moan about poorly paid work and lack of housing. You couldn't make it up really.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Again the EU is basically Germany, France and the UK. The truth is everybody else is in it (or want to join it) for what they can get out of it. The EU has been a tremendous drain on the British economy.

If we leave, I'm pretty sure Denmark will look to follow ASAP (they're teetering as it is) . So whats left? Well the French are busy smashing up Spanish wine imports which will leave the Germans to prop up the lot. Not sure that will go down well with the voters there.

If the Germans want to alienate 60 million buyers with silly tariffs then let them.

What the other satellite states do I don't really care, do we buy much from Lithuania? ???

It absolutely hasn't. If the EU had been a drain on the UK we wouldn't even be having this debate. Since we've joined the EU we've gone from decrypt economic backwater, the sick man of Europe, to being on track to be the richest country in the EU. Before we joined the EU we were poorer per capita than France or Italy. Increased trade, more competition, the most foreign investment of any EU member, a reverse brain-drain of EU talent - and their taxes.

4f626a1e-db03-11e5-a72f-1e7744c66818.img

[video]http://video.ft.com/4764197296001/Quiz-What-has-the-EU-done-for-Britain-/world[/video]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Erm, the point was about only 'dickheads' wanting to join the EU if they were joining now.

I simply don't think that is the case.

You're right, if you're one of the tinpot economies on the outskirts of the EU you'd be mad not to join.

If however you were a country the size of Britain and its economy then you'd be mad to join now, the EU would milk you like a cow.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Before I go, I've just logged onto another non sport forum I'm a member of and they have the same vote going.

Its a national forum so it covers people from all over the country to a degree.

Currently its at :

STAY 19.3%

LEAVE 67.6%

UNDECIDED 13.1%

Pick the bones out of that. ???

D

Deleted member 22389

You're right, if you're one of the tinpot economies on the outskirts of the EU you'd be mad not to join.

If however you were a country the size of Britain and its economy then you'd be mad to join now, the EU would milk you like a cow.

I bet Poland has seen an increase in living standards since joining the EU, all the money being sent back from the wages earned in this country, I don't blame people for this, but it just takes the piss when you compare it to this country, where the opposite has happened. Living standards have dropped considerably, we have more people than ever, more competition for our jobs, crappier jobs, lower wages, more pressure on our infrastructure, and the most expensive housing in Europe, and on top of this we are probably one of the highest contributors to the EU pot every month, and people think this is good deal, I think people are crazy.

We don't need the EU, we are strong enough to survive on our own.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yeah, I quite understand. It's always a shock when someone reveals your prejudices to be bullshit. Sleep well, don't have nightmares.

I've just finished my siesta. Sorry no nightmares and no I wasn't shocked enough that I couldn't take 40winks.
Brexiter accusing remain voter of prejudice. That's a laugh.

Back to the point though, so you don't want to trawl through the other thread to prove yourself right? Why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here