Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
#stilldeluded

When another poster named you wellTHICKwoody,I thought it amusing,if a tad harsh.Come on then genius,show us a copy of this signed trade deal,as opposed to the agreement in principle,or change your name to Thicky :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Unless May somehow pulls some amazing deal for the UK out of the bag or cancels Brexit (her only two options to have a chance of remaining PM) this will certainly spell the end for the Tory party. A timeline of unmitigated disaster starting with the referendum, the disastrous result, the fleeing of Cameron and Johnson. The campaign lies. The pending investigations into wrong doing by MP's. The endless U-turns from May. The abandoned policies. The messy start to negotiations. The hypocritical and outright embarrassing election campaign. The catastrophic election result. The bribing of the DUP. And thats all in the space of a single year.

The Tories would do better to try and form cross party consensus ASAP. The downside in the near term is huge and upside non-existent. Brexit is completely toxic, if they try and go it alone they will get the blame and destroy themselves in the process.

They are a disaster, 23 years to get an overall majority and in just 2 years lost it. We've gone from a country in 2015 on the road to recovery, and possibly paying down the deficit to one in chaos and uncertainty.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When another poster named you wellTHICKwoody,I thought it amusing,if a tad harsh.Come on then genius,show us a copy of this signed trade deal,as opposed to the agreement in principle,or change your name to Thicky :lolol:

Oh look, insults, the resort of those lacking the ability to see the blxxdin obvious. The UK is going to crash n burn because of Brexit, but it will take five years to actually offer up the evidence. The first signs are already there, frozen out of trade deals with major manufacturing countries, our banks all taking office space in Germany in preparation, our negotiators admitting that we cannot have our cake and eat it.

You are either to stupid to see or admit this or, more likely, hiding behind your keyboard refusing to acknowledge that you are a weak little man who cares not of the effects of your vote or decision cos you will still rely on the state to look after you as they always have done, or lastly you ain't got many years left!

#stilldeluded

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Very disappointed with what?. They voted out and won. TBH it's you that sounds disappointed and twisted. Another one just hoping everything goes wrong just to prove at sometime in the future you were correct. You'll be waiting a long time. Although it could be speeded up with Corbyn

You will be disappointed when you see what the reward for "winning" looks like.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Apparently the world in the UK is coming to an end because of the leave vote. I got a couple of pension updates this week and the performance of both in the last 12 months have far out stripped any performance in the last 16 years when I took them out. I'm just disappointed I won't get to use my pensions given the UK will collapse soon.

This is due to the pound being devalued, whilst many of the stocks in your pension fund are valued in dollars, they are priced in pounds, essentially it means that what you hold is now more expensive in pounds, and the pound dividend has gone up, but the stock you will be able to purchase with future contributions will be smaller. Another example of the older generations screwing the younger ones over with Brexit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm not at all convinced. I believe that many remainers want us to be hit by EU penalties and have our economy fail simply to prove their point. Do not underestimate the revenge-lust of a remainer scorned.

If we wanted that we would all be pressing for a hard brexit, or the no deal situation, this would ensure the worst for Britain. I have not seen any pro remain individual pursuing this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh look, insults, the resort of those lacking the ability to see the blxxdin obvious. The UK is going to crash n burn because of Brexit, but it will take five years to actually offer up the evidence. The first signs are already there, frozen out of trade deals with major manufacturing countries, our banks all taking office space in Germany in preparation, our negotiators admitting that we cannot have our cake and eat it.

You are either to stupid to see or admit this or, more likely, hiding behind your keyboard refusing to acknowledge that you are a weak little man who cares not of the effects of your vote or decision cos you will still rely on the state to look after you as they always have done, or lastly you ain't got many years left!

#stilldeluded

This

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Still waiting for the copy of the trade deal between the EU and Japan,Wellslowthickwoody :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

#stilldeluded

I do believe it was a Remainer who dubbed you wellthickwoody.If you are in Melbourne,Derbyshire we could meet up to see what a big,strong person you are,but if you're in Australia can't be arsed,Thicky.:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why resort to personal insults?

If I choose to respond to being called deluded,stupid,a weak little man,etc.,with insults of my own,that is between me and the person insulting me.If you wish to join in the insults,then please think up some of your own and stop interfering with my fun.With the greatest of respect,sod off!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He doesn't resort to them, it's his factory setting. He has nothing else to offer.

Ah,the resident schizo.Are you bringing Nibble out for the summer,or waiting till the panto season?Trying for the top 20 stupidest posts,or sticking with the top 10?:lol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Is this the deal everyone is talking about?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/business/economy/japan-eu-trade-agreement.html

Edit - Sorry, I can see that it is now. I was confused by the posts that seem to claim it doesn't exist, but see now that enough other people have pointed out all the details. I'll be quiet now...

That is the deal under discussion recently,with the Remain side of the argument (it's a Brexit thread) saying it's a done deal and me saying it's only an 'agreement in principle',which means no deal has been signed.If the much-respected New York Times says it hasn't been signed,end of argument.Many thanks.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
That is the deal under discussion recently,with the Remain side of the argument (it's a Brexit thread) saying it's a done deal and me saying it's only an 'agreement in principle',which means no deal has been signed.If the much-respected New York Times says it hasn't been signed,end of argument.Many thanks.

Isn't that half the story? Your claim seemed to be not only that it hadn't been signed, but that it wouldn't be signed for another 15 years. I'm not sure the NYT backs that up (and in fact suggests it will be signed in months).

If the NYT is right and it is signed in a few months, will change your views?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Isn't that half the story? Your claim seemed to be not only that it hadn't been signed, but that it wouldn't be signed for another 15 years. I'm not sure the NYT backs that up (and in fact suggests it will be signed in months).

If the NYT is right and it is signed in a few months, will change your views?

Absolutely.If the Brussels negotiators can achieve that with the agreement of 27 countries,I will be utterly flabbergasted.But as of today,it still remains un-signed,not a done deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here