Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Ah, another desperate 'remainer' still clinging to the fatuous belief that somehow the NHS stops paying for healthcare for English pensioners who relocate to Spain. They still cost the NHS money. And Britain still pays their old age pensions.
But never mind, put your hands over your ears and go 'La la la la la' very loudly. That'll make the fact go away.

NHS is a good place to argue for remain. As Chief Exec of the NHS said today.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...simon-stevens-brexit-dangerous-health-service

The chief executive of the NHS in England has warned that Britain leaving the EU could send the economy into a “tailspin” that would have a damaging knock-on effect for the health service.

“If Mark Carney is right then that is a severe concern for the National Health Service. Because it would be very dangerous if at precisely the moment the NHS is going to need extra funding actually the economy goes into a tailspin and that funding is not there,” Stevens told BBC1’s The Andrew Marr Show.

“It has been true for the 68 years of the NHS’s history that when the British economy sneezes the NHS catches a cold. This would be a terrible time for that to happen, at just the time that the NHS is going to need that investment.”

It's also true that pensioners in Spain, even if they invoice the NHS, are using Spanish hospital time and beds. Freeing up resources back home.

It's also true that even if the Spanish health services invoice the NHS they are still using Spanish hospital beds, and the time of Spanish doctors - freeing up resources back home.

Stevens said it was not his job to tell the British people how to vote, but made it very clear that he believed there was no potential benefit to the NHS from Brexit.

He said the NHS had benefited “enormously” from 130,000 European Union doctors, nurses and care-workers."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The use of Turkey as a scare factor is so ludicrous in that they will palpably not meet human rights requirements for EU entry, that it is going to backfire on the Brexit proponents. Indeed under Erdogan's stewardship they are currently moving further away from potential membership.
With the bookies shortening the odds on an "in" vote it looks like the clown master class by Boris and Gove has turned opinion. All it needs now is dirty-dancer Pardew to come out in favour of Brexit to seal the deal.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This film contains lots of facts not suppositions. The poll would indicate that either a lot of people are not using facts as a guide to whether they are voting in or out. It's rather long but give it some time, you may decide that leaving is the right decision.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The EU agreed to speed up Turkey's membership earlier this year. Which is why they are giving them Billions of Euros to meet the required entry standard. Wouldn't surprise me if they gained full membership in the next few years.

The accession process will be re-energised, with Chapter 33 to be opened during the Dutch Presidency of the Council of the European Union and preparatory work on the opening of other chapters to continue at an accelerated pace;

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-1664_en.htm

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Turkish membership progressing at it's current rates will arrive just before the next millennia. You don't need to sweat it because it is not going to happen

Look. If you like lots and lots of unskilled economic migrants entering the country, just say it.

It's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

What I don't like is when people call an apple an orange, and say that economic migration won't continue if we stay in the EU. That's disingenuous, and done purely to influence other voters.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
its quite amazing how the Remain camp are seemingly able to coerce numerous world leaders, economists, captains of industry, financiers, key opinion leaders, creatives, supermarkets, businesses etc etc to talk this bullshit. Yesterday it was arts and culture, today supermarkets.

What you worried about though? Surely people don't fall for this nonsense and instead believe George Galloway and [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] ? For example, why would anyone believe the actual leader of the US over [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] when it comes to what will happen with a trade deal?

Simply because it suits All the above for us to remain. For their own purpose. Not ours they couldn't give a monkeys about us. Well all except our HUGE contribution.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i can only imagine the Berlin beer has been heavily supped last night, these points are entirely consistant with each other. look up protectism if still misunderstanding.

I know what protectionism means. I also know what meaningful means. I don't understand what you mean though.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Look. If you like lots and lots of unskilled economic migrants entering the country, just say it.

It's fine. You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

What I don't like is when people call an apple an orange, and say that economic migration won't continue if we stay in the EU. That's disingenuous, and done purely to influence other voters.

I'm not saying that. I'm sure inward migration will continue whether we remain or brexit. What I'm saying is Turkey is nowhere near joining the EU. Not in the next decade, most likely never.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
The EU agreed to speed up Turkey's membership earlier this year. Which is why they are giving them Billions of Euros to meet the required entry standard. Wouldn't surprise me if they gained full membership in the next few years.

The accession process will be re-energised, with Chapter 33 to be opened during the Dutch Presidency of the Council of the European Union and preparatory work on the opening of other chapters to continue at an accelerated pace;

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-1664_en.htm

Quite clearly that's a lot of politics and very little progress. They're opening one chapter, how long will that take to close? 5 years? Then we can open the next one. One down, 33 to go...
CjDuH4jW0AAr5bV.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
its quite amazing how the Remain camp are seemingly able to coerce numerous world leaders, economists, captains of industry, financiers, key opinion leaders, creatives, supermarkets, businesses etc etc to talk this bullshit. Yesterday it was arts and culture, today supermarkets.

What you worried about though? Surely people don't fall for this nonsense and instead believe George Galloway and [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] ? For example, why would anyone believe the actual leader of the US over [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] when it comes to what will happen with a trade deal?
All either brainwashed or happy to keep feeding at the trough. I lost a lot of respect for Obama when he interfered and threatened us recently. He is an absolute disgrace of a president and not fit for that country.

Sent straight from the boot of Lingard

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
All either brainwashed or happy to keep feeding at the trough. I lost a lot of respect for Obama when he interfered and threatened us recently. He is an absolute disgrace of a president and not fit for that country.

He gave his opinon as the President of the USA. He has every right to say what he thinks is the best interest of his country and by extension ours. But perhaps another person [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] thinks is out of his depth

D

Deleted member 22389

If the Prime Minister was so confident about what he was saying, he wouldn't need to be sending letters out to businesses asking for their support. It is turning in to a massive stitch up. You treat people like idiots, which Remain are doing, people will vote Leave. They will say anything to get the result they want.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If the Prime Minister was so confident about what he was saying, he wouldn't need to be sending letters out to businesses asking for their support. It is turning in to a massive stitch up. You treat people like idiots, which Remain are doing, people will vote Leave. They will say anything to get the result they want.

If what you ars saying is true then the OUTTERS will win. Whats the problem?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He gave his opinon as the President of the USA. He has every right to say what he thinks is the best interest of his country and by extension ours. But perhaps another person [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] thinks is out of his depth
So as a possible future president of the us, you would be happy for trump to interfere with our sovereign matters?

Silly question really, remain voters don't care about loss of British sovereignty so any old foreign leader poking his nose in is acceptable.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Yes the best interests of HIS country. What allegiance do you really think he has for the UK?
He protected the US with a steel import tariff for china. We wanted to but couldn't because of the EU.
All works well then huh?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stop treating the general public like idiots for starters.

But you said Remain are treating people like idiots which will make people vote leave. you should be happy if thats true. I think people are clever enough to listen to the multitude of views, do their own thinking and make a rational decision. Thats democracy

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes the best interests of HIS country. What allegiance do you really think he has for the UK?
He protected the US with a steel import tariff for china. We wanted to but couldn't because of the EU.
All works well then huh?

i said he will say what is in the best interest of his country, and that is a strong and engaged UK in the EU. Very sensible fo us as well

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So as a possible future president of the us, you would be happy for trump to interfere with our sovereign matters?

Silly question really, remain voters don't care about loss of British sovereignty so any old foreign leader poking his nose in is acceptable.

I am completely open to views from other people, whether they are the President, unemployed or Trump. I happen to think what Obama said makes sense. Nothing interfering about it, just more for people to contemplate before they cast their vote in what is a huge decision for all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here