Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looking like you will have a few more years of fun then.

Yes the Lib Dems had a reputation for good local MP's and ground campaigns although this didn't seem to help much at the last GE. It's their decision to ignore the referendum result I view as extreme.

The political tides ebb and flow I expect they will recover some ground from the calamatous losses but what about all the Labour/Tory marginals? Winning Copeland suggests numerous Tory gains which would still provide a healthy majority. But yes It is entirely plausible the final deal might fall well short of many peoples expectations but it's hard to see how this would benefit Labour. Assuming the Tories would be stupid enough to deliver that scenario an angry electorate might adopt a plague on all your houses mentality, turn to UKIP which would cause as many problems for Labour as for the Tories. Plus any Lib Dem in a Leave majority constituency.

Beware of the Dark side.

The article and polling data done by the Conservatives was based on the here-and-now and there's an awful lot of water to flow under a lot of bridges, but I still don't see anything other than a lot of disappointed people by 2020 and beyond.

It's not all down to The Conservative and Unionist Party how this ends up though and what's finally delivered and I look at them and everyone else at Westminster over Brexit and frankly 'The Benny Hill theme tune' runs through my head.

Plus, you've got to consider the greatest political fear of all - Events, dear boy, events. You've only got to look at what happened overnight.

Interesting times we live in, if nothing else.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I haven't heard anything from the EU regarding the chemical bombing in Syria, neither a response from them on what should happen in response. The complete absence of any foreign policy from the EU has led to the growing confidence of Putin as he sees the EU as a weak talking shop run by bureaucrats incapable of making and sticking to a decision. Always the UK, US and sometimes France but not often Germany and and never the EU to get involved. EU countries flying in under the umbrella of others, not a good place to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't heard anything from the EU regarding the chemical bombing in Syria, neither a response from them on what should happen in response. The complete absence of any foreign policy from the EU has led to the growing confidence of Putin as he sees the EU as a weak talking shop run by bureaucrats incapable of making and sticking to a decision. Always the UK, US and sometimes France but not often Germany and and never the EU to get involved. EU countries flying in under the umbrella of others, not a good place to be.

I've not caught the news today. Out of interest what was the British response?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've not caught the news today. Out of interest what was the British response?

British fully backed the recent missile strike by Trumps United States.....2 days ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Is it? History would suggest the very opposite.

Really, the Franco Prussian War, the First World War and the Second World War. The annexing of Schleswig Holstein, Poland, Czechoslovakia, the long holiday in Belgium, the hatred felt towards the Germans in Baltic states, Greece, Albania. Can't remember the last time we went to war with the US. Your talking absolute rubbish!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really, the Franco Prussian War, the First World War and the Second World War. The annexing of Schleswig Holstein, Poland, Czechoslovakia, the long holiday in Belgium, the hatred felt towards the Germans in Baltic states, Greece, Albania. Can't remember the last time we went to war with the US. Your talking absolute rubbish!

I think you know I'm referring to much more recent events. Because in the context of what we're talking about what you've listed makes no sense.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No. I decide what Im associated with...Trump bombing missions in Syria isn't one of them.

Why not phrase the question - why does the UK never learn,rather than the way you did then......or am i to suppose you factored in already that i was in full support too..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Besides Germany was all too happy to be in support of the United States when the US stationed several hundred thousand troops in Germany to counter the Soviets,unlike today's mere 30000.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I think you know I'm referring to much more recent events. Because in the context of what we're talking about what you've listed makes no sense.

What events are you referring to, losing our place at the side of the pool, eating bratwurst mit pomfrits, our poor performance in the eurovison song contect or ridiculous German bank loans to Greece which have needed Merkel to pursue EU bailing out to keep her banks afloat.
Some scoffed when Trump said that it was America first, but its inseen by political commentators when Merkel pursues exactly the same policy in Europe at the expense of her European partners.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What events are you referring to, losing our place at the side of the pool, eating bratwurst mit pomfrits, our poor performance in the eurovison song contect or ridiculous German bank loans to Greece which have needed Merkel to pursue EU bailing out to keep her banks afloat.
Some scoffed when Trump said that it was America first, but its inseen by political commentators when Merkel pursues exactly the same policy in Europe at the expense of her European partners.

It's contest, not contect. Unseen instead of inseen? Oh, and it's it's. I'm struggling to take your pro-British stance seriously when you can't even be bothered to get the language right.

PS Its pommes, not pomfrits.

larus

Germany quite likes exploiting at the moment. It likes exploiting the benefits of NATO without making it's own 2% contribution, and it also likes to benefit from the harm the EU is doing to the Southern States and the horrendous levels of youth unemployment. But as long as HT can get his cheap German beer and pretend all is well in the cesspit of the EU, he's happy.

Sometimes action needs to be taken against scum like Assad. Forget the UN as nothing will ever happen due to the pathetic structure and blocking by countries, be that the US, China or Russia. The UN is irrelevant; great idea but totally inept (not inert as McGhee might say though).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here