Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many years ago, on the bridge of HMS Lowestoft, heading into Gibraltar, I reported the Sparish Aircraft Carrier Dedalo as some sort of dredger :)
Don't worry, it was probably one of their f*****n' giant trawlers, just back from emptying the sea off Cornwall. Should have opened fire on it then and there!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not drinking another bottle of San Miguel or Rioja until Madrid is raised to the ground over this. God save the Queen.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Don't worry, it was probably one of their f*****n' giant trawlers, just back from emptying the sea off Cornwall. Should have opened fire on it then and there!
Didn't have time. We were sent 400 miles north of the Arctic circle to protect our trawlers against Icelandic gun boats. We lost in the end though

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the EU and all the odious apparatus of Brussels rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Torremolinos, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air (probably but it'll need a replacement agreement to the EEA Blue Skies one), we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches of Benidiorm, we shall fight them in Fuerteventura, we shall fight in Tenerife and in the streets of Gran Canaria, we shall fight in Nerja; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet of 6 guided missile destroyers and 13 frigates, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, such as New Zealand with all its power and might that a comprehensive free trade deal with The UK will give, just like Turkey will have, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
We've been fighting in the nightclubs and bars of these places for the last 40 years.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They've probably sent a stiff note to Putin...............

Do you really think they're going to do something about it?

I agree,because we're an irrelevance as a world power these days as you know.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Don't forget we have our secret army of hardened armed bank robbers hiding out in their bougainvillea clad houses just over the border on the Costa Del Sol.
These guys don't luzz plastic chairs they kill for a living.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The Brexit loonies must be loving this. They're going to get rid of Scotland, probably Northern Ireland as well, and now those EU-loving Gibraltarians. We'll soon be little Ingerland again. All the horrible Poles and Spaniards will have f****d off home. Warm beer will flow. The cross of St George will proudly fly from every rooftop. Spitfires will soar over the Channel. Fish & Chips on the menu everywhere (no more pizza, paella or moussaka). Happy days for everyone. Arise Queen Theresa and Sir Nigel.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
No problem, Gibraltar is basically Spanish anyway. Hand it over if it gets a better deal. I would also be happy to trade off the Isles of Man and Wight too, for the greater good. The Falklands should have been handed back long ago too.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Obviously said from someone with considerable experience of never being there. I have many times and like the place a lot. It is more British than anywhere else I have visited and the Gibraltarians, as was witnessed by the vote last year, are fiercely loyal to the UK.
It is all sabre rattling by the Spaniards that would best be met with silence by the UK Government.
The border has never really been fully open from the Spanish side, they always make it difficult to pass through La Frontera...

Of equal concern is the 2million or so Brits who reside in Spain or who have properties in Spain.
As soon as we leave the EU the Spanish will raise a non EU property tax, similar to what that moron Hollande was advocating in France a few years back. That way they can screw even more money out of the Brits and it will seriously turn nasty over there with possibly a million coming back to the UK as a result.

Don't look good anywhich way you look at it.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here