Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Like they did before they were members of the EU you mean ?

Exactly - the border wasn't opened, (having been closed for the previous 16 years), until Spain joined the EU.

On a personal note I still hold a grudge against Gibraltar - whilst on a backpacking holiday in Europe and Africa I was refused entry, (despite having a British passport) in 1969 because I didn't have enough cash for the airfare back to the UK and was sent back to Tangiers!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we did go to war with Spain over Gib what about the expats and criminals in Spain, would they still be ok to stay in Spain

Surely they would be cutting telephone wires, blowing up bridges, sending coded short-wave messages in Morse Code from cunningly concealed radios in the cellar, and smuggling airmen shot down over Spain back to safety in Blighty?

Mar 2, 2014
No problem, Gibraltar is basically Spanish anyway. Hand it over if it gets a better deal. I would also be happy to trade off the Isles of Man and Wight too, for the greater good. The Falklands should have been handed back long ago too.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The British Empire will be given back bit by bit, whether it be next year or in the next hundred years. Absolutely no reason why that historical empire should continue to exist forevermore.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The British Empire will be given back bit by bit, whether it be next year or in the next hundred years. Absolutely no reason why that historical empire should continue to exist forevermore.

There is no British Empire, since the early 1950s. We have a Commonwealth of countries that want to be associated with us, and countries that have voted by 99% to 1% to stay British, because they love that way of life.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No problem, Gibraltar is basically Spanish anyway. Hand it over if it gets a better deal. I would also be happy to trade off the Isles of Man and Wight too, for the greater good. The Falklands should have been handed back long ago too.

Why don't you visit those places and tell them how they should live. Anyone would think they hadn't had a vote, and were being held by the Brits by force.
I guess I've just taken your bait. :fishing:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is no British Empire, since the early 1950s. We have a Commonwealth of countries that want to be associated with us, and countries that have voted by 99% to 1% to stay British, because they love that way of life.

It's all countries with little or no no geographical bearing to the UK captured by historical naval force, with people from the old country installed either by or against their will, no matter how you like to dress it up. These territories will fall, one by one. The world map will look as far different a hundred years from now as it did a hundred years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's all countries with little or no no geographical bearing to the UK captured by historical naval force, with people from the old country installed either by or against their will, no matter how you like to dress it up. These territories will fall, one by one. The world map will look as far different a hundred years from now as it did a hundred years ago.

I sugggest you read the history of the Falklands and Gibraltar and get back to me. Neither place was taken by force (clue 1 - the Falklands were uninhabited, clue 2 look up the Treaty of Utrecht)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here