Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

gordonchas

Jul 1, 2012
I agree with the fact that Labour have proved utterly useless but this was a cross party issue, to be fair (and I'm not Corbyn fan).

I also agree that the media should take their fair shre of blame but they were fed the same lies as anyone else. That ****ing bus lie that was plastered across every newspaper going was not invented by them. The Leave campaigners are not being held to account at all and have shrugged their shoulders after lying to millions of people. You do wonder if that 1.9% majority would vanish if the NHS lie was revelaed before the referendum. Actually I don't, the majority would definitely have vanished.

blah blah remoaner get on with it blah

Is that sodding bus all you can come up with? I was never in favour of that message but it was been entirely disowned since and yet..... there is no Brexiter regret and a bigger majority now want the UK government to get on with it. So it played no influence in the result.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Some buzzphrase bingo for the next few months

'We will set immigration levels depending on the needs of our economy' - IF we manage to maintain current growth, expect current levels of immigration to continue to support it. And on the bright side, economic disaster will see immigration levels drop through the floor

'No deal is better than a bad deal' - There is no way we are going to get a trade deal in time, so I was the first one to warn you

'We will review all EU legislation as it gets entered into british law - 80,000 pieces of legislation on everything from size of eggs to additives in Smarties, you must be f***ing kidding

And they're off and running :bla::bla::bla:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The problem as I see it is this referendum and it's aftermath solves nothing in regards to that issue. You only have to look at the divisive, polarised views and arguments on this thread and out in the country. The divisions and arguments are well and truly out of Pandora's Box now and aren't going go back in easily.

I really can't see anything other than a lot of people on both sides being very disappointed with the outcome of Brexit in 5 years time and the blame and the recriminations will just carry on-and-on.

I have to agree with this. The UK is a splintered and divided mess which will now take generations to repair. I hope the architects of it are never forgotten and never forgiven.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
All in under 2 years? Like I said, you are living in a fantasy world.

You know, it is mildly amusing when you adopt a condescending tone. Lest we forget that you were the one brexiteer who openly admitted to never having heard of leave.eu - It does rather damage your credibility.

The EU don't seem to be in much of a hurry, do they?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would imagine the EU negotiations are fairly simple when compared to negotiating civil service performance bonuses over the next 2 years

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I have to agree with this. The UK is a splintered and divided mess which will now take generations to repair. I hope the architects of it are never forgotten and never forgiven.

This eejut offered it, start with him. cameroneu1-557645.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All in under 2 years? Like I said, you are living in a fantasy world.

You know, it is mildly amusing when you adopt a condescending tone. Lest we forget that you were the one brexiteer who openly admitted to never having heard of leave.eu - It does rather damage your credibility.
To suggest that a person can only be a credible leaver if they were helped in their decision making process by leave.eu is not so much condescending as fatuous.

And nowhere have I mentioned a two year time span; my words were, "as and when the Government sees fit". Clear now?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
To suggest that a person can only be a credible leaver if they were helped in their decision making process by leave.eu is not so much condescending as fatuous.

And nowhere have I mentioned a two year time span; my words were, "as and when the Government sees fit". Clear now?

To suggest that you are credible when you claim to be well informed yet, by your own amusing admission, never heard of the largest brexit campaign group is fanciful. And funny.

The government now has (less than) 2 years to convert the EU laws in to UK laws, it's not just a copy and paste job.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not always, no it isn't. Many industrial laws and standards are currently overseen by expert EU boards, panels and bodies. Who will take their places?
Excuse me? The Parliament and judiciary that did this job from the time we became a constitutional monarchy in seventeenth century until we joined the EU in the 1970s. About three hundred years. So they will do it again when we leave the EU.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Excuse me? The Parliament and judiciary that did this job from the time we became a constitutional monarchy in seventeenth century until we joined the EU in the 1970s. About three hundred years. So they will do it again when we leave the EU.

They've obviously been waiting with baited breath for the last 40 years for just this sort of opportunity (well, any of them who are still alive )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To suggest that you are credible when you claim to be well informed yet, by your own amusing admission, never heard of the largest brexit campaign group is fanciful. And funny.

Sigh. I have had an informed opinion long before leave.eu even existed. I had an informed opinion when I voted in support of Anthony Wedgwood-Benn in 1975 (even though this forced me to vote in agreement with Enoch Powell too, which rather stuck in my craw). I've objected to all the further moves towards integration that have been taken without our consent (Single European Act, etc, etc.) since we joined the EEC.

And then up you pop to tell me that I need some JCL organisation to tell me how to vote. Prize plum!
:facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They've obviously been waiting with baited breath for the last 40 years for just this sort of opportunity (well, any of them who are still alive )
I'm not so sure about that. Most of 'em wanted to remain, didn't they? - just didn't believe the British electorate would upset their apple cart.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

It was an hour after Leave won. It won on lies, we all know that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

The statement was questioned before, as I know Farage had his own spiteful agenda to push rather than this government one, but there is no way the government owned up before the vote.

They still avoided the question yesterday.
https://www.facebook.com/Channel4NewsDemocracy/videos/1257132887697985/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Probably the best thing to do is to outsource it rather than the expense of creating all that for ourselves again. Perhaps we could ask the EU to do it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here