Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This thread started off as just a nice little thread about thinking about things we like that are European.

It didn't carry the bye-line "and that we won't be able to get hold of anymore". I know full well that i will still be able to buy croissants and roquefort.

Trying to be objective, it does seem to be the Brexiters who turned it nasty. Remainers rose to it, admittedly, but.........

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This thread started off as just a nice little thread about thinking about things we like that are European.

It didn't carry the bye-line "and that we won't be able to get hold of anymore". I know full well that i will still be able to buy croissants and roquefort.

Trying to be objective, it does seem to be the Brexiters who turned it nasty. Remainers rose to it, admittedly, but.........

I am a fervent leaver but I love Europe geographically and culturally. Wonderful countries I have been to or lived in including Spain, France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Germany, Italy and Austria. Loved it all BUT I don't like the EU politics at all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You've not been to Europe for 40 years or so, have you?

And you've obviously never been to Ayia Napa,San Antonio,large parts of Brussels and Barcelona,Palma Nova etc etc.:cheers:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The aqueduct?

Good point. Pont Du Gard's beautiful.

pont_du_gard.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Europe was there before The EU and it will there when The EU has been consigned to the dustbin of history.
I'm proud we've put the first great big nail in the coffin of that corrupt, rotten, bureaucratic monster.
Love Europe - loathe The EU.
Just goes to show how difficult it is to leave and you can see why the likes of Greece would not be abled to leave under the rule of this horrid organisation.
If you want a proper European Union that works then it should be run by elected people from each country and be as even as possible,sadly its run by France and Germany and now they can start bailing out the many countries in deep shite.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still harping on about racism,I see.How many MP's in the European Parliament are muslim?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
And you've obviously never been to Ayia Napa,San Antonio,large parts of Brussels and Barcelona,Palma Nova etc etc.:cheers:

Out of them, I've spent a lot of time in Barcelona, and a fair bit of time in Brussels. Modern, clean and beautiful.

Not been to the other places you mention. But then again I've never been to Basingstoke, Hartlepool or Blackpool, either.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am afraid this has been the trouble, this is why events of the last few years has not gone the way experts predicted.
The laughing, the cocky confidence, being fed project fear, watching demos by the far left and seeing monuments/ buildings disrespected, being labeled thick and stupid etc for having a different opinion......watching quietly what has been going on.........suddenly enough is enough, and the votes/referendums are a shock to many.
If the politicians had listened we might have had different outcomes.

You may be surprised, I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here