Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Fair enough. But the "my opinion" thing you mention is demonstrated by all walks of life...you need not look any further than this thread for examples. I'm guilty myself. It isn't the preserve of graduates.

Spot on. some extreme snobbery exists on here without a doubt. no disrespect to you personally but most of it appears to come from the remoan camp.
Boils down to ignorance. some spend an incredible amount of time on here criticizing another's grammar with the belief that it ruins the chaps credibility, whilst others think does it f*cking matter grow the f*ck up !!, whatever turns the individual on i suppose..

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
No

Separate paragraphs making the comments mutually exclusive and you were just looking to cover yourself having been pulled up on your comments.

Feeble grammar mate does not excuse labeling someone a sexist, separate paragraphs or not i can tell you it was not sexist, i can also tell you that had there had of been women working in my field of work it still wouldn't have been sexist. only people obsessed with the word find it to be a problem whereas others simply couldn't care less, have you ever wondered that some could possibly accuse you of being a sexist merely for highlighting the point in the first place.
Obviously i am wasting my time waiting for this apology. . .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Feeble grammar mate does not excuse labeling someone a sexist, separate paragraphs or not i can tell you it was not sexist, i can also tell you that had there had of been women working in my field of work it still wouldn't have been sexist. only people obsessed with the word find it to be a problem whereas others simply couldn't care less, have you ever wondered that some could possibly accuse you of being a sexist merely for highlighting the point in the first place.
Obviously i am wasting my time waiting for this apology. . .

Correct as you are hiding behind a feeble attempt to step back from your error.

But please don't let me stop you from trying to justify your position to yourself.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Correct as you are hiding behind a feeble attempt to step back from your error.

But please don't let me stop you from trying to justify your position to yourself.

Justify what exactly ?
Not hiding from nothing because iv'e absolutely nothing to hide.
Entering a new paragraph was a mistake and one that i fully hold my hands up for. happy now ?
Now apologize to me for labeling me something that i am clearly not. i bet you cant :D

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You have a point about class, but these days that paradigm is occupied by the wealthier "middle classes" who always know what is best for the rest of us, not least us working class. Brighton is chock-a-block with these pious snobs.........I think the epicentre of their nest is in the Hanover area, which is a shame given the areas deep working class heritage.

Anyway, other than that I think your point is way off the scale in understanding what Brexit is.

Brexit was largely the consequence of the older and wiser generations correcting the mistake the country had made in '74 when it voted to join the EEC. Those over the age of 58 were able to vote in the first referendum on EEC membership and in '74 they did so in overwhelming numbers (70% I think). They were not thick uneducated racists then, so they are not thick uneducated racists in 2017.

They knew that what they were sold in 74 had morphed into something entirely different and they hadn't been asked to vote on the changes and they didn't like it.

Qualifications do not bestow wisdom, only age and experience do that.......you should be grateful to your elders and betters for their foresight rather than berating them for not having qualifications. When they were young University was for the few, and therefore that was not there fault was it?

Given the downright priggishness of your post I will take a punt that whilst you may have qualifications, you didn't vote in '74.........which has kinda proves my point doesn't it?

The level of tertiary education of the baby boomers and older is more about circumstance, and as I said it doesn't make them less intelligent, not does it make them thick uneducated racists (your words not mine)

However, they have to be the most selfish generation of all. They've prospered over the past 40 years and are now in their retirement taking far more out of the system than they ever paid in, they bought houses when they were cheap and have the NHS at its peak (though not sure of its fate now)

Perhaps in their wisdom they should have asked the kids and grand kids what they wanted and ignored the Daily Express, its those that will be truly effected

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:lolol: An awful long way, beats being spoon fed by some jumped up no mark in some poxy university that's for sure:O:O:O.

The last time you went bonkers on here you were threatening to "do someone" once you were "off of remand" so it clearly hasn't gotten you that long a way now has it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
From my experience the majority shy away from hard collar and at any given cost . take on board snobbish attitudes, the usual ones.... "i deserve better but shouldn't have to put in the graft for it" "that job is to degrading for someone as bright as me" "i am better than you because i went to university"

The lads who've made it through and actually done something with their lives appear not to have come through the system, in fact many have come from nothing. left school at the age of 16, got a job and never looked back since. they may have not have been as academically bright but most definitely made up for it in other ways such as plain common sense and the drive to actually make something of themselves.
Being academically minded and having a IQ of 145 doesn't automatically qualify you success, it about a lot more than that. and this snobbish attitude that they have come to adopt isn't helpful to them either.

Now if you don't mind i want to celebrate England bashing the Jocks and England leaving the EU.:clap2::clap2::clap2::banana::banana::banana::drink::D

Were you working hard on remand? Contributing much to society? While the tax payer was providing three hots and a cot for you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps in their wisdom they should have asked the kids and grand kids what they wanted and ignored the Daily Express, its those that will be truly effected
Ah yes, I've seen that view better expressed - and far more wittily - on T-shirts bearing the words, "Ask a teenager NOW, while they still know everything!"

Perhaps you would be better, rather than continuously railing on about the injustice of not getting your own way, reconciling yourself to the fact that wisdom gained from experience and long study at the University of Life won the day.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The level of tertiary education of the baby boomers and older is more about circumstance, and as I said it doesn't make them less intelligent, not does it make them thick uneducated racists (your words not mine)

However, they have to be the most selfish generation of all. They've prospered over the past 40 years and are now in their retirement taking far more out of the system than they ever paid in, they bought houses when they were cheap and have the NHS at its peak (though not sure of its fate now)

My mother, who is 88, asked my daughter (23) what she thought she should vote on the basis that she would have to live wIth the consequences a lot longer and, unlike most of her friends, voted remain. It wasn't the only factor in her decision but it was a significant one.

D

Deleted member 22389

Ah yes, I've seen that view better expressed - and far more wittily - on T-shirts bearing the words, "Ask a teenager NOW, while they still know everything!"

Perhaps you would be better, rather than continuously railing on about the injustice of not getting your own way, reconciling yourself to the fact that wisdom gained from experience and long study at the University of Life won the day.

Obviously years ago we had far more jobs, people had more security but to blame old people like he is doing is just plain wrong. My mum is 81 years old, she was cleaning toilets up to four years ago sometimes having to wipe excrement off the walls, I would like to see some younger people do this job, it is beneath them and that is the problem.

She has paid in this system for 50+ years and only recently needing NHS treatment for her eyes.

He also doesn't count for the hours these old age pensioners do looking after their grand children because of child care costs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I prefer "I'm with Stupid --->" and "I Voted Brexit"

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

When you say circumstance, this is surely the circumstance that meant the prospect of a university education for the vast majority of working class people over the age of 55 was impossible.

For those of us of a certain age the fact that so many working class kids now can go to university is broadly a change which is positive, however this is development that is lost on the young who no doubt would melt at having to do the sort of work and have the same prospects as their generational forebears.

That is why you shrill hysteria about selfish baby boomers is absurd, for the majority they have had harder working lives, less opportunity and lower life expectancy than (say) the millennials.

That many (and it is no doubt many) chose to buy their own homes, which has provided them with an asset uplift and advantage in today's environment is not a matter of economic design. You also ignore the fact that these assets (or their value) will be passed down via inheritance or that grandparents and parents are underwriting deposits now.

That is evidently not how it should be, however maybe when they voted to join the EEC they did not envisage that their descendants would be subject to (say) the consequences of the EU's principle for freedom of movement which has contributed to greater demands on houses, and pushed down wages for the low skilled.

Clever people.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Kosovan, not someone who arrived under free movement of labour, but as has been said, the issue is your immediate assumption. I guess we should not be surprised when a leave voter makes up his mind without reference to facts.

I said it would not be a native German, so was I right or wrong?

To some extent you are correct, however it was a calculated assumption as I was merely applying the principle of precedent to this event.

Not the behaviour of a demented fascist, just a rational prediction based on a previously understood sequence of events.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Obviously years ago we had far more jobs, people had more security but to blame old people like he is doing is just plain wrong. My mum is 81 years old, she was cleaning toilets up to four years ago sometimes having to wipe excrement off the walls, I would like to see some younger people do this job, it is beneath them and that is the problem.

She has paid in this system for 50+ years and only recently needing NHS treatment for her eyes.

He also doesn't count for the hours these old age pensioners do looking after their grand children because of child care costs.

She should have gone to uni.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here