Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There's a pattern here. isn't there? Leaver comes up with report showing that we are doing better than many predicted and gloats that Remainers must be really really cross about the good news.

Actually, I am relieved that the economy didn't tank in 2016. I am a fair bit better off than I thought I would be. The value of my assets is holding up. I'm not planning to cash in though because there are plenty of reports suggesting hard times to come. To take just one items from today's news... whilst the growth in UK car production is due to investment decisions made long before the Brexit vote the decline in motor industry investment has become most pronounced since that vote. Even the BBC report linked above as an example of good news contains darker stuff about the future.

Mentioning such things will be described as traitorous negativity by those who demand that anything that doesn't have the rictus smile of applied sunshine about it should be ignored.

Fact is, I'm not clever enough to know what the economic future holds. I doubt anyone else on this board is either.

Weird have watched the BBC news for most of the day and no mention of a decline in the motor industry much to their disgust. It was the opposite actually. I think they were trying to put words into the mouth of the Landrover MD. Which he didn't do of course

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Weird have watched the BBC news for most of the day and no mention of a decline in the motor industry much to their disgust. It was the opposite actually. I think they were trying to put words into the mouth of the Landrover MD. Which he didn't do of course

Think car industry is holding up well with £1.3m cars exported to Europe and employs 900k workers directly and indirectly. Ladndrover especially is doing well as much of its supply chain is UK

Of course departure from the single market puts probably our biggest manufacturing successes at risk.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

The SMMT Is the vehicle manufacturers' trade body. They reported a decline in the sector's investment from £2.5bn in both 2014 and 2015 to £1.6bn last year, due, they report, to the Brexit decision. They also reported that the increase in current production is the result of decisions taken four or more years ago. Perhaps you could give the source for 'the opposite' situation you describe as being reported by the BBC. As you say, it's odd.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The SMMT Is the vehicle manufacturers' trade body. They reported a decline in the sector's investment from £2.5bn in both 2014 and 2015 to £1.6bn last year, due, they report, to the Brexit decision. They also reported that the increase in current production is the result of decisions taken four or more years ago. Perhaps you could give the source for 'the opposite' situation you describe as being reported by the BBC. As you say, it's odd.

Well you obviously know how to find bad news,shame you don't bother with the good!
gnw.jpg

Perhaps you could provide a link to your bad news,or a screenshot,as a politeness to us lesser mortals.Also,the high spends in previous years included a new engine plant for Jaguar and other infrastructure with one-off build costs.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Those who voted out wanted fully out, which would come under the title hard brexit. You wanted to stay in so don't assume you know what those who voted out wanted.

Every single one of them 100% wanting fully out? If you really think that, you're deluded.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
In 5 years everything will be privatised including the NHS and then riots and civil war will break out in the streets on Briton, you heard it here first people!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Every single one of them 100% wanting fully out? If you really think that, you're deluded.

Of course it is impossible to be precise, however if you think that that those waivering at the time of the referendum then went on to vote Leave then you my friend is the deluded one.

Europhiles and waiverers voted remain, outers wanted out, not half baked nor half in half out, a clean break, you might find it hard to envisage but we really did and thats what we will get.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Of course it is impossible to be precise, however if you think that that those waivering at the time of the referendum then went on to vote Leave then you my friend is the deluded one.

Europhiles and waiverers voted remain, outers wanted out, not half baked nor half in half out, a clean break, you might find it hard to envisage but we really did and thats what we will get.
Yeah shame it won't make a blind bit of difference to the demise of the country

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As I explained yesterday, maybe one poll with more than 1663 people, less than 0.004% of voters. And it was based on more remainders ban leavers (see my previous response to you if you need more info).
You are referring to a poll cited by one of your more fervent remain colleagues to 'prove' that he absolutely knew a vast majority weren't in favour of actually leaving the EU!
And there was me thinking it was only Dunk who scored OGs!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stay in -
House prices go up
Uncontrolled immigration
NHS doesn't get enough funding
Transport doesn't get enough funding
Tax evasion ect ect.

Leave -
House prices go up
Uncontrolled immigration
Tax evasion ect ect.

You people have been arguing for f***ing years and still don't seem to realise your "vote" ultimately means f*** all

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In 5 years everything will be privatised including the NHS and then riots and civil war will break out in the streets on Briton, you heard it here first people!

Where the f<(k is this 'Briton'? Is it in the EU? Is it anywhere near La-La-Land? Is it a new special home for remoaners?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stay in -
House prices go up
Uncontrolled immigration
Tax evasion ect ect.

Leave -
House prices go up
Uncontrolled immigration
Tax evasion ect ect.

You people have been arguing for f***ing years and still don't seem to realise your "vote" ultimately means f*** all
So, no good valid argument for staying in, then?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You're all just pawns in a massive global game of chess, you and your voice mean nothing.
You have not been charged for this information.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As much as I hate trump, at least what you see is what you get, a c*** but he knows you know he's a c***. Our leaders hide behind a web of lies that we all lap up day after day

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
It is telling that it is the remainers that are now passionate advocates of soft Brexit, and we know full well why, remaining in the single market comes with all the attributes of membership, or virtual membership as someone described it on TV the other day.

I'm a staunch remainer but I think a soft Brexit would be shit. From the remain point of view, we would still be part of and beholden to the system and yet we would have, by our own hand, decided to remove our seat at the table which allowed us to dictate and mold the system itself. That would be frickin' clown shoes IMO. Neither side would get what they want and we'd all be pissing and moaning for DECADES. I'm all for an either in or out approach.

So no. Don't go making sweeping aspersions about the attitudes of "remainers". All you are doing is perpetuating this US vs THEM shit.

Some of you appear to enjoy it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here