Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Really?Who seems to be in charge of Europe?Who seems to be calling all the shots?Germany.

You are spectacularly wide of the mark, and you've gone even further than Boris has.

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
People are earning low money because EU freedom of labour movement allows cheap labourers to arbitrage the UK's high relative wages. EU migration hurts British low earners more than any other class.

For a country with a relatively high GDP per capita, immigration control is a prerequisite for a proper living wage.

Leaving the EU would be a form of protectionism of the kind I would expect Labour to embrace.

Except it wouldn't protect jobs or wages, it would damage one or other or both by depressing the very markets we trade with and excluding us from access to a trade bloc.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd say you need to come and live in the real world.

I'd say you need to read what Boris has said (which is pretty dumb in itself) before making comments about his comments.

In the real world, German influence on EU policy is no greater than ours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You are spectacularly wide of the mark, and you've gone even further than Boris has.

I'd say you need to live in the real world. Thinking with the aid of your blancmange doesn't really help, but it does rather explain where you're coming from.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd say you need to live in the real world. Thinking with the aid of your blancmange doesn't really help, but it does rather explain where you're coming from.

Blancmange is what Boris's brain is made from.

larus

OK, you're the expert.

OK, then. Please explain how the EURO will survive. Will it will full Fical Integration or collapse? It's widely accepted (by all sensible economists) that the structure is unsustainable as it currently exists. Just look at Greece - a tiny economy but they still can't resolve it's issues within the EURO structure.
So, what's it to be collapse or Full Fiscal Integration (i.e. Transfers of wealth from rich to poor countries)? The status quo cannot survive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Except it wouldn't protect jobs or wages, it would damage one or other or both by depressing the very markets we trade with and excluding us from access to a trade bloc.

True, it MIGHT - but probably wouldn't. Classy bit of scaremongering though. Massive respect..........................

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
True, it MIGHT - but probably wouldn't. Classy bit of scaremongering though. Massive respect..........................

Just the true picture. Worth stating I think.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Are you for real? That is a quite unbelievable statement. Germany is at the heart of the EU and has shaped policy much more than us. They are enthusiastic Europeans whilst even those of us like you who wish to remain part of it all, are generally nonplussed. Not to mention that it is also the most powerful country in the EU. Of course it has more influence. It was Germany that has called the shots with Greece etc and it will be Germany that bails them out again (in Germany's favour of course).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just the true picture. Worth stating I think.

9pup9j.jpg

larus

I'd say you need to read what Boris has said (which is pretty dumb in itself) before making comments about his comments.

That's crap. See how much power Merkle and Schäuble exert. The ECB is restricted in its powers to act fully because of the Germans. Germany exerts a huge influence over the EU, mainly due to its economic power.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are you for real? That is a quite unbelievable statement. Germany is at the heart of the EU and has shaped policy much more than us. They are enthusiastic Europeans whilst even those of us like you who wish to remain part of it all, are generally nonplussed. Not to mention that it is also the most powerful country in the EU. Of course it has more influence. It was Germany that has called the shots with Greece etc and it will be Germany that bails them out again (in Germany's favour of course).

You are getting everything a little mixed up. Bailing Greece out of the Euro problems it faced and the ECB are very different issues to membership of the EU.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

It's Cameron and his henchmen who are coming out with the dumb comments you'll find.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's crap. See how much power Merkle and Schäuble exert. The ECB is restricted in its powers to act fully because of the Germans. Germany exerts a huge influence over the EU, mainly due to its economic power.

The ECB is not controlled by one member state. This is just grandstanding. You just can't prove this hyperbole. This is why Boris is reduced to statements that include the names of Hitler and Napoleon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here