Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Brewdog: hipsters”, “pretentious”, “wankers”, “********s” or simply "full of s**t"?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see everyone's favourite Independent hand crafted brewery is expanding into China.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Found this on Reddit; £19 roast from Brewdog pub in London:

0455E6EB-2FD9-4111-901D-58F2796B09BB.png

I don’t know what they got for that effort but I hope it’s 5-7 years.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Found this on Reddit; £19 roast from Brewdog pub in London:

View attachment 157463

I don’t know what they got for that effort but I hope it’s 5-7 years.
f*** me that's awful.

I don't tend to eat roasts out as they're not as good as what you can do at home. Found an exception though.

The Roundhill in Brighton, absolutely incredible vegan roast dinner.

Beers not too pricey either.
PXL_20230205_142734198.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230205_142738648.PORTRAIT.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Is it vegan only? Might give it a look if they do a traditional with meat.
Vegan only but absolutely delicious. I had maple and mustard glazed seitan which was amazing.

Also won best roast dinner in Brighton last year even against meat options.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You forgot Double Diamond and Worthington E .
Have just been trawling back through this thread and as a point of interest, I can remember Worthington E being available, in northern parts of the old Bass empire , as a cask beer. From memory, I think it was similar to draught Bass, but without dried hops being added to the cask last thing as was the case with Bass. This was in the early ‘70’s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Initial investment must be paying off?
i invested in the 2nd round, and and depending on what source you use, is worth between 20 and 60 times it’s original value. I’m now waiting for the IPO to cash-out.….I’ll know the true value then.

i have not bothered looking at the share price for some time though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have just been trawling back through this thread and as a point of interest, I can remember Worthington E being available, in northern parts of the old Bass empire , as a cask beer. From memory, I think it was similar to draught Bass, but without dried hops being added to the cask last thing as was the case with Bass. This was in the early ‘70’s.
I definitely remember it being a keg beer at the start of my serious drinking aged 17 in 1977...that coincided with the rise and almost complete takeover by keg beers.

I fondly recall going in to boozers ordering up my fizzy keg beer or newly brewed under licence lager ( Hofmiester, Holstien, Fosters, Hurlimans ) and there was still bottles of Brown, Pale ,Light and Mild on the shelves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some discount Brewdog cans are available here...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I definitely remember it being a keg beer at the start of my serious drinking aged 17 in 1977...that coincided with the rise and almost complete takeover by keg beers.

I fondly recall going in to boozers ordering up my fizzy keg beer or newly brewed under licence lager ( Hofmiester, Holstien, Fosters, Hurlimans ) and there was still bottles of Brown, Pale ,Light and Mild on the shelves.
Yes, you are right re the keg beer push and, of course, the lager revolution.
I joined Bass in 1973 and it was during part of my induction that I saw the cask Worthington E in the Burton on Trent Brewery and coming from the south of the country, I had never seen cask E, only the keg version.
There was a wonderful old sampling room in those days with many of the cask ales they brewed racked up in small barrels all round the room, which was really a cellar. Ale was served to us graduates straight from the cask in copious quantities. I can also recall my first interview when the chap interviewing me asked me whether I would like a drink. I said yes please, and instead of tea or coffee being offered, out came a bottle of Carling.
Happy days!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yes, you are right re the keg beer push and, of course, the lager revolution.
I joined Bass in 1973 and it was during part of my induction that I saw the cask Worthington E in the Burton on Trent Brewery and coming from the south of the country, I had never seen cask E, only the keg version.
There was a wonderful old sampling room in those days with many of the cask ales they brewed racked up in small barrels all round the room, which was really a cellar. Ale was served to us graduates straight from the cask in copious quantities. I can also recall my first interview when the chap interviewing me asked me whether I would like a drink. I said yes please, and instead of tea or coffee being offered, out came a bottle of Carling.
Happy days!
happy days indeed...:wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And some more here...

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
i invested in the 2nd round, and and depending on what source you use, is worth between 20 and 60 times it’s original value. I’m now waiting for the IPO to cash-out.….I’ll know the true value then.

i have not bothered looking at the share price for some time though.
I’m an investor in EFP1 & 2. The last trading day was disappointing as the asset match price was only ~£6.50. But early investors only paid 46p so not a disaster.

I’m holding out for IPO too. I think that will be closer to the £25 mark. Assuming that paying out the Private Equity Investment doesn’t wipe out all the value.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m an investor in EFP1 & 2. The last trading day was disappointing as the asset match price was only ~£6.50. But early investors only paid 46p so not a disaster.

I’m holding out for IPO too. I think that will be closer to the £25 mark. Assuming that paying out the Private Equity Investment doesn’t wipe out all the value.
I sold a few hundred of EFP2 shares for £16 odd, thanks to HT many years ago for a tip off on the raise. Still hold 400 which I’ll wait for the IPO, but the TSG guarantee is looking a bit scary to me. The benefits alone have paid out a huge amounts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here