Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We can't defend for shit under Hyypia. It's a worry. We have played mainly weak teams and have done poorly to date.

Inevitable we will concede more with his attacking tactics. I think having some younger legs at right back would help though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I can. I don't get to see many games ,but i do want to see us competing. Mid table is not good enough IMO.

Why not, we pay to be entertained not to be guaranteed promotion, we are not Pompey so we don't have divine rights :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We can't defend for shit under Hyypia. It's a worry. We have played mainly weak teams and have done poorly to date.

He's had 5 league games in charge. We've a new keeper and fullback, plus Dunk is effectively playing himself back into the side. I'm not making excuses, and it is a worry.

However some people never learn about judging a side by reputation. Sheff Weds and Brentford, regardless of where you think they might finish at the end, have started the season really well. We weren't at our best against Wednesday, but neither did I think they were a poor side.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We defended very well in the 2 games I've seen - Wednesday and Charlton.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He's had 5 league games in charge. We've a new keeper and fullback, plus Dunk is effectively playing himself back into the side. I'm not making excuses, and it is a worry.

However some people never learn about judging a side by reputation. Sheff Weds and Brentford, regardless of where you think they might finish at the end, have started the season really well. We weren't at our best against Wednesday, but neither did I think they were a poor side.

And look where Charlton currently are too.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The midfielders need to do more defensively when the fullbacks go forward. Seems that they aren't filling the holes when either Calde or Bennett bomb forward. Need to be more like Bridcutt in that regard.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thought it was a good game crap ref cheating keeper and striker had we scored early when we hit the post we would have won. I always thought when a defender passed to a keeper and he picked it up it was a free kick but not today and they scored straight after

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here