Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford tickets

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I know exactly what is happening. I am just waiting for delivery of 3 tickets and our names will be on them.
Huge apologies if I am missing something. I'm 61 and the other 2 guys are older.
Enlighten me.
Don't apologise. Please just see the explanatory post from TG which will reveal all. The points system for away games has faults which were being amplified by people attending matches they should not have been able to and then causing trouble.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Thank for enlightening me. I was not aware of the need to pick up at the ground.
An email from the club would have been handy telling me I can't be trusted

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Anybody else miss the days when you could decide on the day if you wanted to go to football, buy a train ticket (or not!) then just pay on the gate?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anybody else miss the days when you could decide on the day if you wanted to go to football, buy a train ticket (or not!) then just pay on the gate?

Funnily enough we were talking about that whilst in the Park and Ride queue on Saturday. Id wake up on a Saturday morning not knowing what I was going to end up doing. £4 to get into the Goldstone. All you needed was a TSB sponsored membership card- and Im not even sure you needed that. I lived in Hove so it really was easy.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Funnily enough we were talking about that whilst in the Park and Ride queue on Saturday. Id wake up on a Saturday morning not knowing what I was going to end up doing. £4 to get into the Goldstone. All you needed was a TSB sponsored membership card- and Im not even sure you needed that. I lived in Hove so it really was easy.

I remember getting to Hull and back on a train ticket from Eastbourne to Hampden Park once....

The good old days eh!

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

Only on one occasion in my over 50 years of watching the Albion have I had to have anything even remotely like a membership card to attend the Albion and that was for a club invented purely to circumvent Sunday Trading Laws during the 70's 3 day week . Even today for less attractive fixtures (like Villa home) you don't even need membership.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thank for enlightening me. I was not aware of the need to pick up at the ground.
An email from the club would have been handy telling me I can't be trusted

You only need to pick up the tickets at the ground, if the club have sent you an email. If you haven't had the email then your tickets are in the post and no need to panic for a few days given the postal strikes.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
You only need to pick up the tickets at the ground, if the club have sent you an email. If you haven't had the email then your tickets are in the post and no need to panic for a few days given the postal strikes.

For those without an email and have not received tickets - there are only two posts to go. Then you will have to phone the ticket office and you will be put on the duplicates list. PLEASE ask where you should collect these from at Brentford.
The tickets for those 'random few' fans who have had an email are now in Brighton and will travel to Checkpoint Charlie with Albion staff. These duplicates will be printed at Brentford - and would normally be collected from the Brentford ticket office. So it is worth checking the detail of collection of these duplicate tickets (and they may not even have your name on!)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
My email is currently defunct due to a change of service supplier.
My ticket was sent to a mate who ordered three including mine which is a blank ticket with my name and collect. I presume I just turn up with ID and collect.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yes often, and also the ability to pull out without having to decide what you did with your tickets or if you were going to be accused of harvesting. Last minute decision to go to Chester in 1988 for example, one of the best I've ever made. Utterly brilliant day out. On the other hand, I was all set to go to Port Vale on the last day of the season many years later. Had just come back from working in India and a slight rumbling in the guts in the pub on Friday night had turned into "you're not going anywhere that isn't a toilet" by Saturday morning. Didn't lose a penny on train or have to explain why to anyone except my mates.

We are in another world now though. Every away end is capacity limited. You can't do first come, first served at the ground now so you have to find a way of rewarding loyal fans.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Interesting with Liverpool tickets in full flow, no info yet on our visit to The Bees just a couple of days later and a seat near Tone for the evening.

What gives?

Jimmy Grimble

Points prediction for tier 1? This allocation will be similar to a few potential European opponents.

It’ll be interesting to see if the club have responded to feedback on tiering for these smaller allocation away games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Points prediction for tier 1? This allocation will be similar to a few potential European opponents.

It’ll be interesting to see if the club have responded to feedback on tiering for these smaller allocation away games.
Allocation is around 2k...... something like 375 perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here