Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brentford fan on 606 now

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This. The showboating chestbeating support of All Things Club is tiresome in the extreme. The club get some some things right, they get some things wrong. If we can't discuss these things on a case by case basis then NSC serves no purpose really

Dogs in fancy dress?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dogs in fancy dress?

Barker OUT

images.jpeg

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This. The showboating chestbeating support of All Things Club is tiresome in the extreme. The club get some some things right, they get some things wrong. If we can't discuss these things on a case by case basis then NSC serves no purpose really

I think perhaps part of the issue is that the club ie Barber resolutely refuses to admit when it does gets things wrong. We will never hear "You know what, you have a point, I got this one wrong" from him. It would be refreshing if he could display a little humility at times and accept that none of us is perfect. We all make mistakes.

In running any business it is imperative that you listen to your "customers"

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don’t see any problem with discussing the performance after a game isn’t that part of being a football fan? I previously said with Burn at CB we actually look like a competent PL side, personally thought Dunk would struggle to get back in the side. The club then sold Burn to a rival for peanuts which I didn’t get at all, so what if he wanted the move we don’t all get what we want in life.

It can’t be rosey all the time everyone makes mistakes even the club and fans have every right to discuss things negatively or positively.

Sure.. and likewise HWT has every right to express that he finds it boring when some people take every single opportunity 365 days a year to bash someone or something in the club.

Some people really appears to get off to losses... like some speed freak chimp who just had his fix and now get to play with his own faeces, surely fun for the chimp and natural considering the circumstances, but you shouldnt be surprised if some find it repulsive and boring.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t see any problem with discussing the performance after a game isn’t that part of being a football fan? I previously said with Burn at CB we actually look like a competent PL side, personally thought Dunk would struggle to get back in the side. The club then sold Burn to a rival for peanuts which I didn’t get at all, so what if he wanted the move we don’t all get what we want in life.

It can’t be rosey all the time everyone makes mistakes even the club and fans have every right to discuss things negatively or positively.

Yep, no different to post match discussions in the pub where similar conversations have been had for decades. Nobody ever walks around the pub telling people to stop talking.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep, no different to post match discussions in the pub where similar conversations have been had for decades. Nobody ever walks around the pub telling people to stop talking.
Very true. The ones that ferociously defend the club and there is nothing wrong with that if that’s their thing never seem to give an in depth view of what is happening on the pitch. It’s all a bit happy clappy just to be in the PL.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Wow, I bet that Brentford fan on 606 didn’t think he create in fighting on NSC.

Who cares what others think, the club is well run - even if I can’t bring a flask (I’d have to buy one first), I also feel like a naughty school boy for having a bottle top in my pocket.

As for giving your opinion if you pay money for something then you have right to say what you feel about the performance, so Barber needs to take criticism and Potter has to understand why some people booed (I’d say through frustration rather than malice). At present the football isn’t enjoyable, it’s too predicable and I’m starting to feel I’d enjoy being in Championship (even if I’d miss seeing the likes of Salah, De Bruyne and Hazard in the opposition teams)

I could have written this myself.
I’m fed up with all the moaning on here, atm. I understand where it’s coming from, it’s disappointment at the way this season is panning out, after a goodish start. The realist in me knows that the amount we spend on wages, transfer fees etc is going to see us be a bottom half side for the next few years whatever TB may say about a top 10 finish. My main disappointment with the club, has nothing to do with bottle tops , flasks, atmosphere, or season ticket transfers ( which I think has been badly handled) it’s the fact we have not replaced Glenn Murray with a similar type player. I also realise it’s not easy to find one,but to keep telling us for the last 3 years that we don’t need a finisher is bordering on insulting to fans.

I watched a lot of PL football this weekend, the only really loud crowd was dirty Leeds, most had an atmosphere comparable to ours.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I could have written this myself.
I’m fed up with all the moaning on here, atm. I understand where it’s coming from, it’s disappointment at the way this season is panning out, after a goodish start. The realist in me knows that the amount we spend on wages, transfer fees etc is going to see us be a bottom half side for the next few years whatever TB may say about a top 10 finish. My main disappointment with the club, has nothing to do with bottle tops , flasks, atmosphere, or season ticket transfers ( which I think has been badly handled) it’s the fact we have not replaced Glenn Murray with a similar type player. I also realise it’s not easy to find one,but to keep telling us for the last 3 years that we don’t need a finisher is bordering on insulting to fans.

I watched a lot of PL football this weekend, the only really loud crowd was dirty Leeds, most had an atmosphere comparable to ours.

Yeah it's this for me.

The fact that a month ago, it didn't look possible that Palace would finish above us, and now we need something against Spurs.....
It gets a bit more galling every season.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sure.. and likewise HWT has every right to express that he finds it boring when some people take every single opportunity 365 days a year to bash someone or something in the club.

Some people really appears to get off to losses... like some speed freak chimp who just had his fix and now get to play with his own faeces, surely fun for the chimp and natural considering the circumstances, but you shouldnt be surprised if some find it repulsive and boring.

But all I said was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!!

(And Ferguson could be worth a try)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here