Breaking News !!

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
setanta sports news

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
They had to bring someone special in, they're selling their top scorer. The fans would have gone loco if they hadnt replaced Benjani with anyone decent.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Defoe has been told by Capello that he has to be a regular to be picked by England, and Pompey are selling / have sold Benjani to Manchester City so they are looking for a replacement

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does it say anywhere if Defoe himself has accepted it?

Last month he stated he wanted to stay, and while he may have changed his mind given the lack of football he's played, clubs like Villa were interested.

They must be offering him a shedload of cash to persuade him to go to Fratton Park over other clubs. Go back ten years- would you ever have imagined a club like Pompey paying their players £60,000 per week (as they are now paying Diarra)?

Unbelievable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They must be offering him a shedload of cash to persuade him to go to Fratton Park over other clubs. Go back ten years- would you ever have imagined a club like Pompey paying their players £60,000 per week (as they are now paying Diarra)?

Unbelievable.
And yet Redknapp will still claim he's worked a "miracle" if they stay anywhere near mid table.

What a twat.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And yet Redknapp will still claim he's worked a "miracle" if they stay anywhere near mid table.

What a twat.

So true, he's already done that one this season. They were fourth at one point, their fans banging on about Europe, yet still he slips the old line in about it being a miracle if they finished in the top half.

ie if they don't make the top six he avoids any suggestion that they've underachieved due to his management (not that it would be his fault if they did anyway, clearly...).

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I Can Actually See A Premiership Team Taking A Chance On Jake Robinson Soon. I Do Mean A Crap Prem Team Like Pompey, Wigan Or Birmingham Obviously. He Doesn't Convince Me Yet As The Finished Article, But Whenever He Has The Ball At His Feet, You Can Sense A Goal Is Just Around The Corner. If We Played Him A Bit More Often, It Would Add 3,000 To The Gate At Withdean I Think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here