Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bread and Milk

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Has the whole world gone mad??? A bit of snow and all chaos breaks free!! Tried to go to Tesco to get a bit of bread and Milk( not because of the snow but because i genuinely had run out!) and completely sold out! What is wrong with people? Anyone would think the world was ending!!!

D

Deleted member 18477

i went to sainsburys on saturday after the first dump of snow and there was loads of milk and bread.... in fact i didnt even buy bread! i got some scones :drool:

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
i got a bread maker a few years ago because of the shortages of bread when it snows. Just bake my own now and can make all sorts of flavours. also makes pizza dough so win/win in my eyes.

haven't got me a cow yet tho for the milk shortage

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If Tesco don't deliver my online shopping later I'll have no dinner tonight!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
i got a bread maker a few years ago because of the shortages of bread when it snows.

Seriously?! If that was the sole reason you bought it you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

D

Deleted member 18477

Seriously?! If that was the sole reason you bought it you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

:lolol: i have to agree. when it snows, i cant say i've ever got to the stage where i've struggled to find some bread, rolls, bagels, pitta's, english muffins, crumpets, wraps etc...

theres always something to get you by and if not i'd just eat the pasta i always have in the house.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Our corner shop has loads 50m away yet my muppet neighbour was moaning about how he drove all the way to 1, 2, then a 3rd supermarket to buy milk and bread :facepalm: I didn't have the heart to tell him it's even cheaper in the case of bread 10 seconds away (but not milk granted) AND he'd have saved about 2 hours and a load of petrol. He's a hippy environmental nut too so he's probably killed a few flowers and a small rodent by wasting all that petrol too!

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
it wasnt the sole reason, being a chef i wanted to try different things. As soon as a flake of snow hits Woodingdean, bread is gone and being a lover of a cheeky sarnie i decided to take matters into my own hands.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
it wasnt the sole reason, being a chef i wanted to try different things. As soon as a flake of snow hits Woodingdean, bread is gone and being a lover of a cheeky sarnie i decided to take matters into my own hands.

You're a chef, and you bought a breadmaker to make bread ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i got a bread maker a few years ago because of the shortages of bread when it snows. Just bake my own now and can make all sorts of flavours. also makes pizza dough so win/win in my eyes.

haven't got me a cow yet tho for the milk shortage

Top Tip - Regular onanism should provide sufficient 'milk/cream substitute'. Perfect when you're snowed in.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Popped into Spasda on Sat morning to buy some bits and all the fat, poor people were out in their thousands, piling all manner of artery clogging freezer food and snacks into their trollies, my favourite chav family were there too. Always a treat to see them, 3 generations of stained tracksuits and arse fat. It looked more like a famine relief centre than a shop.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I bought 17 loaves on Friday - 14 of which have gone out to the birds.
but I had to be on the safe side - even if that was selfish.

:)

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
I start baking shit loads of bread pudding when there's even the slightest hint of snow. You might not have noticed, but there's a distinct shortage of dried mixed fruit at the moment as well. I don't even like bread pudding. I just assumed that everyone else did the same.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm glad someone said it!

On a related note, it does bug me a little when people say they make their own bread, as if they're some sort of ace artisan, when all they are does it piling ingredients into a machine and switching it on. That's not what I would call "making" bread.

Technically bread is being made, I agree, but it requires no knowledge or skill at all, and yes, I did buy a machine, but only used it twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here