[News] Braking news - more train strikes over the Christmas period announced

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Further rail strikes have been scheduled over Christmas, with the RMT union confirming planned industrial action will still go ahead.

It will be instructing its members not to work from 18:00 on 24 December until 06:00 on 27 December.

The action is being taken over a long-running dispute over pay, jobs and conditions.

Strike action set to begin next week, with dates in December and January, will go ahead as planned, the RMT said.

Industrial action will be held across four 48-hour periods on 13-14 and 16-17 December, and 3-4 and 6-7 January, as well as over the key festive period.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Probably won’t make any difference from previous years for anyone going to london, doesn’t the line normally shut on Xmas Eve until new year for engineering works?
I think the target here is the engineering works, so they can't take place, if it doesn't target passenger services as much its good for me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It isn’t just about money, although none of the companies dividends have gone down. Clue: taxpayers money being paid out as dividends and bonuses.

981C787E-98F4-4711-A098-614DA3D4F17C.jpeg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It isn’t just about money, although none of the companies dividends have gone down. Clue: taxpayers money being paid out as dividends and bonuses.

View attachment 154409
A ridiculously long set of demands, the RDG are making the situation worse, if they want to put some cuts forward how about binning a pointless middle man organisation that seems to only represent the view of TOC CEOs

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the target here is the engineering works, so they can't take place, if it doesn't target passenger services as much its good for me.
so they'll get moved to another weekend or two. RMT dont care about passengers or the service though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Must be a rather healthy fund as it is going to take ages to recoup what they have lost otherwise.
The unions are screwing over this country, it's all political. They are hitting the poor hard, just because of their politics.
Screwing punters and screwing business when they are doing their best to hang in there.
Can you imagine the cost to the economy?
They are all W@n$er's and may just shoot labour in the foot.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The unions are screwing over this country, it's all political. They are hitting the poor hard, just because of their politics.
Screwing punters and screwing business when they are doing their best to hang in there.
Can you imagine the cost to the economy?
They are all W@n$er's and may just shoot labour in the foot.
The 'poor' include the union members, and it's the job of the union to protect it's members interests. I guess you've never needed
such protection - good for you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The 'poor' include the union members, and it's the job of the union to protect it's members interests. I guess you've never needed
Very true about many rail staff.

But not train drivers. ONS figures, median salary £59k. Maxing at £77k.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
they are on a good wage. I cant fault them for fighting as they have a strong union but the majority of workers in the uk dont and have suffered far worse changes to their contracts and those people are the ones being impacted by their strikes.

Reactions: abc

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
they are on a good wage. I cant fault them for fighting as they have a strong union but the majority of workers in the uk dont and have suffered far worse changes to their contracts and those people are the ones being impacted by their strikes.
You say 'they', but who do you mean? Certain roles are reasonably paid, but by no means all. As you say, you can't fault them for fighting....yet you seem to contradict that with the last part of your comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports