Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Wright Phillips

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
I have a Charlton supporting friend on Facebook and she has just commented on a Charlton page's link.

Here's what the link said...

Brighton are interested in Charlton goal-grabber Bradley Wright-Phillips and could move for the hitman in January.Reports coming from the Valley suggest the Albion’s manager Gustavo Poyet has had scouts watching the marksman throughout the season and could enter a bidding war with Leicester City in the coming weeks – although interest from the East Midlands could cool as Jermaine Beckford returns to full fitness.

SOURCE: Littlehampton Gazette

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
I have a Charlton supporting friend on Facebook and she has just commented on a Charlton page's link.

This is what it said...

Brighton are interested in Charlton goal-grabber Bradley Wright-Phillips and could move for the hitman in January.Reports coming from the Valley suggest the Albion’s manager Gustavo Poyet has had scouts watching the marksman throughout the season and could enter a bidding war with Leicester City in the coming weeks – although interest from the East Midlands could cool as Jermaine Beckford returns to full fitness.

SOURCE: Littlehampton Gazette

Littlehampton Gazzette now thats a new one on me for football info

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Wouldn't pay anything for then a million for him, obviously Charlton are gonna want a lot of money for him, It'd be like Murray leaving half way through our promotion season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Littlehampton Gazette, isn't that the bloke in the shellsuit top's column?

Clubs scout a lot of players so I wouldn't read much into this. If Gus was really interested wouldn't he have tried to get him when Plymouth were selling for a more modest price last season. Doesn't seem to fit our current requirements.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Completely off topic but when Kyle Walker falls out of favour at Spurs ... I like the look of him at an overlapping right back in a 4-3-3.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
just scored again, i wouldnt mind him here at all

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The problem isn't that our strikers are not scoring, the problem is we are not creating chances for the strikers.
There is no doubt in my opinion that we need a target man to hold the ball up.Crystal palace. have a player that could do that for us.That dosent hide the fact that we play lovely football until we get into our opponents penalty area & then run out of ideas.
We need to be more decisive when we get in the box.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We could have got him for next to nothing when we got Noone in the Plymouth firesale. I don't really think he is the type of striker we are looking for. We need more of a target man who can hold the ball up a bit for CMS to feed off.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here