Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Wiggins Knighthood?

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
As the title suggests do you think Bradley Wiggins will recieve a knighthood? He is currently evens money to be knighted: 2013 Honours list. Im thinking of having a punt. What do you think?

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Knighthoods get thrown around like nobodies business these days. It's a title with very little prestige :/

WHEN he wins gold today I would say he is nailed on for sports personality and evens for a knighthood 2013.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Personally i think Knighthoods should be given later on in life. I find it a bit cringe worthy to call a 30-odd year old "Sir". Alex Ferguson, Yes. Bobby Robson, Yes. Paul McCartney,Yes. Bradley Wiggins?? Not yet for me. Knighthoods get given out like they are going out of fashion

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm with the previous poster. Let's see what he goes on to do with his life before we start dishing out knighthood's eh.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What about David Beckham, IMO should defiantly be knighted. Has done a lot for the country, getting Olympics and world cup bid.

Suspect his living in LA isn’t helping his cause.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I never see the point in knighthood for sportsmen, surely the point of them competing is to win, that's their job, to win.

Unlike the ones for actors, musicians, bankers, politicians?

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Personally i think Knighthoods should be given later on in life. I find it a bit cringe worthy to call a 30-odd year old "Sir". Alex Ferguson, Yes. Bobby Robson, Yes. Paul McCartney,Yes. Bradley Wiggins?? Not yet for me. Knighthoods get given out like they are going out of fashion

Agree with this wholeheartedly

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
What about David Beckham, IMO should defiantly be knighted. Has done a lot for the country, getting Olympics and world cup bid.

Suspect his living in LA isn’t helping his cause.

David Beckham does not deserve a knighthood!
Sure he's won a lot of football titles but so have plenty of others. He was simply a face for the olympic campaign, you can't honestly believe David Beckham was an integral part of building the bid and convincing the IOC that London was suitable for the Olympics? He hasn't actually done anything THAT impressive. He's simply a celebrity who is extremely popular. He doesn't really deserve a knighthood

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Personally i think Knighthoods should be given later on in life. I find it a bit cringe worthy to call a 30-odd year old "Sir". Alex Ferguson, NO:D. Bobby Robson, Yes. Paul McCartney,Yes. Bradley Wiggins?? Not yet for me. Knighthoods get given out like they are going out of fashion

Corrected for you. :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know what the deal is with knighthoods at a relatively young age either, just not sure it's the most appropriate honour. Does he want to be 'SIR Bradley Wiggins' in his 30s?

If it was me, I'd want to trade for a shedload of cash, honorary consul for the Turks & Caicos Islands, and a box at The Amex.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
He's currently on record as saying he'd turn down a knighthood if offered one, so no I don't expect Sir Brad any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here