Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good to see I didn't imagine the fair and reasonable majority [emoji106]

If you think we go down easily or waste time you're in for a shock when you play Charlton [emoji38]ol:
Or Bristol City, who Derby have tomorrow.

They timewasted mercilessly from the 17th minute against us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bradley was player of the year at Norwich last season but they moved him on. Clearly got issues..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
so, Calde going down after being elbowed in the face by Tom Ince is worth a boo as well?

did his 'play acting' include going off the pitch for 5 minutes to get his lip fixed. If so, he's taking to far too far, IMHO.

Don't forget the fake blood capsule secreted in his pocket to spill down his shirt to make it look realistic.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don't forget the fake blood capsule secreted in his pocket to spill down his shirt to make it look realistic.

And as for the March lad - he even went off on a stretcher to waste time!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Time-wasting? Pah!

Charlton started time-wasting on the 5 minute mark the other week. I think Birmingham were doing it from around the 15 minute mark too. These Derby fans don't know they're bloody born.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought Johnson was their biggest threat on Saturday, he played well. I'm not surprised he was pissed off that his team didn't win, had they all been at his level they probably would have.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
It's the job of the away team to frustrate the home supporters - we all love it when our team does it and hate it when others do it to us. There were some sharp challenges early on, which raised the temperature a bit. A player who over-reacted consistently is not going to get much sympathy when he gets an injury that most of the crowd can't even see, particularly when he walks slowly across the pitch to get it seen to, thereby dampening down the momentum that the home team is trying to build. I doubt whether Chris Martin would get sympathetic applause at the Amex in similar circumstances. Will Hughes got jeered at the AMEX three seasons ago after getting a shoeing, being substituted injured shortly after. I don't remember too much sympathy being expressed on that occasion either, because he was thought of as being a diver. Pot, kettle and black therefore. It's the negative side of football tribalism - all clubs have their guilty fans.

Also, I certainly wasn't suggesting that Derby were the better team, simply that they created a few more chances and put the Brighton goal under threat more often. Overall I thought the teams were well matched.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My abiding memory of Bradley Johnson will always be what a lazy git he was for us on loan from Leeds. Goals in that Leicester game aside, I was pleased to see the back of him.
Noticed he seems to have been on the pies of late. Perhaps that's why he ran out of steam in the 2nd half so wasn't able to help his team get the 3 pts he deludedly thinks they deserve.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My abiding memory of Bradley Johnson will always be what a lazy git he was for us on loan from Leeds. Goals in that Leicester game aside, I was pleased to see the back of him.
Noticed he seems to have been on the pies of late. Perhaps that's why he ran out of steam in the 2nd half so wasn't able to help his team get the 3 pts he deludedly thinks they deserve.

Very much this. He started off his loan spell at Withdean like a house on fire, getting amongst the goals and putting in some terrific performances. But after a few games, he dropped off and became totally anonymous, just going through the motions and strolling around like he couldn't give a toss (which he made abundantly clear he couldn't). Utter waste of skin, and perfectly highlighted the perils of bringing in the wrong type of player on loan. Stinking attitude. Like you, I was delighted when he cocked off back up to Dirty Leeds so we could at least get back to having eleven players on the pitch (abeit not very good ones).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bradley was player of the year at Norwich last season but they moved him on. Clearly got issues..

I think Lewis Grabban's girlfriend might give you an insight as to why Norwich let him go. Allegedly............Must cover myself for fear of ''Litigation'' on that one.

I don't know why all the fuss about time wasting. It is a ploy that most teams playing away from home use. Almost all managers tell their players to slow the game down. Its used to stop the home side gaining momentum and getting the crowd behind the home team. It's no different from playing an extra man in midfield. It's a tactic. Nothing more , nothing less

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here