Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bozza's Bargains

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love a bargain so hope this thread becomes a regular - I’ll post any I see with Bozza’s permission :lol:

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Sad to see Amazon being promoted so hard, they do damage in so many ways. I know we all use them at times.

They pay staff and treat them badly, stories like some staff having to carry a bottle to pee in!

removes local jobs

They don't pay national tax correctly

They ruin our high street by not having to pay rent, undercutting small shops by massive bulk buying, avoiding local business tax. you wont see them buying kit for the school boy team!

I'm no expert, it's a competitive world, but if we all spent a little more locally perhaps as well it would help in so many ways. They make a fortune and don't even reward the ordinary people that help them make the money, just creating a few mega rich people at the top.

Probably many will disagree but try to think local as well!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Sad to see Amazon being promoted so hard, they do damage in so many ways. I know we all use them at times.

They pay staff and treat them badly, stories like some staff having to carry a bottle to pee in!

removes local jobs

They ruin our high street by not having to pay rent, undercutting small shops by massive bulk buying, avoiding local business tax. you wont see them buying kit for the school boy team!

I'm no expert, it's a competitive world, but if we all spent a little more locally perhaps as well it would help in so many ways. They make a fortune and don't even reward the ordinary people that help them make the money, just creating a few mega rich people at the top.

Convenient tho

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
We should try to think of the bigger picture tho, when we can.

A bigger discussion could be exploiting any workers in the world.

Pleased to see the minimum wage has gone up, a little.

Hard to believe the Bet365 boss earns (was paid) £469m in a single year, wouldn't it be good if her staff were all given a £1000 bonus, I'm sure she would still have a lot left! I believe more of the 'team' need rewarding, as well, when things are good.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hard to believe the Bet365 boss earns (was paid) £469m in a single year, wouldn't it be good if her staff were all given a £1000 bonus, I'm sure she would still have a lot left! I believe more of the 'team' need rewarding, as well, when things are good.

You mean Denise Coates who donated £85m to charity last year and makes the biggest individual income tax contribution out of everyone in the land. In a year of Covid which had no sport for 2 months including no grand national and no euro 2020 created 470 jobs and didn't lay a single person off......yeah she is the enemy here!

And no its not hard to believe she is paid that much money, she earned every single penny of it and should be celebrated for her success not chastised by green eyed monsters!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

removes local jobs

There could be benefits emerging from our former concentration on major retail areas. Before Amazon the 'mega-malls' such as Bluewater / Lakeside etc. threatened the local high street as well.

I hear that many of the big multi store companies rather than opening big mega stores in town centres and retail parks arestarting to look at smaller 'metro' style stores on local high streets for easy click and collect so they have smaller but more of them presence locally rather than mega stores in town centres.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You mean Denise Coates who donated £85m to charity last year and makes the biggest individual income tax contribution out of everyone in the land. In a year of Covid which had no sport for 2 months including no grand national and no euro 2020 created 470 jobs and didn't lay a single person off......yeah she is the enemy here!

And no its not hard to believe she is paid that much money, she earned every single penny of it and should be celebrated for her success not chastised by green eyed monsters!

...because there are no victims of gambling companies aggressive marketing techniques to make their profits...

The funniest one at present is the Paddy Power advert that if you are struggling with gambling addiction to visit paddypower.com for help. I thought this was a bit like suggesting alcoholics come and seek help in Odd Bins.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France

She may be a great person who I'm sure supports many charities and does have a foundation. Just to slightly to correct you the £85 million into the foundation came from the company NOT her personally. I'm all for jobs, I'm not against her, I'm not a 'green eyed monster' and feel success should be rewarded, to her staff as well.
Especially if they are on the minimum wage.
strange thing the company had reduced profits of only £197 million.
Very very pleased she pays her taxes.
How many billions do you need though?

I'm more concerned with Amazon who it is known don't pay their taxes and do treat staff badly. To the detriment of the high street and all the implications of that.

We all have choices to make and my quote should be 'if we all spent a little more locally perhaps as well it would help in so many ways' is that not true?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
She may be a great person who I'm sure supports many charities and does have a foundation. Just to slightly to correct you the £85 million into the foundation came from the company NOT her personally.

Between her, her brother and her Dad they own 365 almost lock stock. Yes its a tax write off but even so not sure how much Kenny Alexander or Peter Jackson gave to charity over the last 12 months either directly or via a foundation, I'd doubt very little.

I'm all for jobs, I'm not against her, I'm not a 'green eyed monster' and feel success should be rewarded, to her staff as well.

You clearly know nothing about the bonus culture within the gaming and sports betting industry. It's not financial services granted but its pretty good.

Especially if they are on the minimum wage.

How many people do 365 employ on minimum wage? Very few I would expect.

strange thing the company had reduced profits of only £197 million.

Jesus! One moment you're moaning about how much money she is making and next your criticising their operating profit.

How many billions do you need though?

As many as you can get.

I'm more concerned with Amazon who it is known don't pay their taxes and do treat staff badly. To the detriment of the high street and all the implications of that.

I've no idea about how Amazon treat their staff but pretty sure it would be a big deal if they were acting illegally when it came to paying tax. If you were more concerned about that why feel the need to bring up a very successful businesswoman and comment about how much she is paid which in reality is no one elses concern other than her fellow shareholders.

We all have choices to make and my quote should be 'if we all spent a little more locally perhaps as well it would help in so many ways' is that not true?

Well of course. But people like convenience and that won't change any time soon which is why you don't see many green grocers, fish mongers, butchers and off licences any more. The supermarkets have seen to them. Online will probably see supermarkets off eventually.

And given Amazon contribute (I would guess a fair whack) to the bills of running this site probably best they continue to exist eh?!?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I went into B&Q Burgess Hill a couple of weeks ago and they were selling 3 piece Harris brush sets for 10p, down from £10.99. I bought four, saving over £40 and marvelling at a 99 per cent plus price reduction.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A, ummm, nice screwdriver lots cheaper than everywhere else.

Stanley FMHT0-62688 Fatmax Stubby Ratchet Screwdriver (6 Bits) £6.99 from £21.43 >>> https://amzn.to/3wlTwQw

I just bought this - I’m not sure why or when I’ll use it but it seems a cool price and that :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Back on topic.

Timberland Killington ankle boots £57.50 from £114.99 (wide range of sizes available) >>> https://www.zalando.co.uk/timberland-killington-lace-up-boots-black-ti112d04x-q11.html

A tip for anyone a little obsessed with timbers like me (prob 6 or 7 pairs now) is to always check your size on Amazon every now and then. There will often be boots that are £100 in every size bar one where they’ll be like £50. It’s all about the timing and luck but worked everytime for me when I’ve bought.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A tip for anyone a little obsessed with timbers like me (prob 6 or 7 pairs now) is to always check your size on Amazon every now and then. There will often be boots that are £100 in every size bar one where they’ll be like £50. It’s all about the timing and luck but worked everytime for me when I’ve bought.

F895E10F-8DFA-45F2-BE1D-C59A20510DEC.jpeg

I hope you don’t wear them with joggers :eek: not a good look. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here