Bozza tweet - free agent Alou Diarra

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is he a signing or on trial?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Will he be considered for a spot this evening, even on the bench?

I'd be very surprised, he's not played a competitive game for a year and he hasn't had a club since the summer. He's not going to be match fit. In fact I doubt even if we signed him today he would be registered in time for tonights game.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As long as he actually contributes something and doesn't go on the MIA list with Toko, Kemy etc

That's my fear. On paper he's just what we need but he fell out with Allardyce at West Ham and was accused of a lack of effort at Rennes a couple of years ago.

I really hope we've done due diligence on this one, I have a bad feeling about this guy's intentions.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
West Ham paid Marseille £2 million for him in 2012, made 6 appearances and they paid him off this summer.

I remember him signing for Liverpool about 12 years ago but I don't think he ever made an appearance.

When he left West Ham he said: "I feel I have lost two years in a career, it counts.

"There was no solution. I was very ill-advised.

"Me, I left Marseille very determined, with an international status, to bring my experience of the Champions League, the big games.

"I arrived at a club that came from [the second division], whose coach did not count on me. The dice were loaded from the start."

He was actually the captain of the national team for a while as well.

Feel this one could go either way, if he gets his head down and works hard for a deal he could be a great asset for us.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Totally pointless. 33, not match fit. Dubious past regards ability and commitment.
If he was an English and had his kind of history we'd not be excited at all.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Indeed, 50 caps for France. Must be shit. :facepalm:

I never said he was shit, did I?
I just don't think we need to be worrying ourselves with people who aren't going to make an immediate impact. Feel free to quote me in a couple of months time, but i find it very hard to see how he is going to make any difference over the next few (very important) months, as he hasn't played for such a long time and has never settled outside of France.
Add to that his age and you start to question whether resources could be used more sensibly elsewhere.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
That implies you think he may be shit, at least not very good?!

Allardyce didn't fancy him.
Was he shit when he was captaining France? Clearly not.
Has he lost a bit of motivation/ability since then? Perhaps.
Is it a surprise nobody else has taken him on? Clearly, which again raises questions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This sounds very much like a Vicente type punt. I wonder how sucessful it will be

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Totally pointless. 33, not match fit. Dubious past regards ability and commitment.
If he was an English and had his kind of history we'd not be excited at all.

Well I'd be excited if it was Frank Lampard, he's English and 36, though granted Franks history is less dubious. But in the short term I'd not be put off by his age if he still has some spark. But not much to lose to be honest. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here