Votes: 36 36.0%
  • I'm going, looking forward to the small beer queue

Votes: 64 64.0%

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lots of people will be put off with travel arrangements for Boxing day. I won't be going because of this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Boxing day will always be a bumper crowd, just because of the occasion.

With the current state of affairs and toxic atmosphere, limited trains and the sales on? I think you're being optimistic….

I was going to bring my wife (not been yet), all 3 kids and my Mum and Dad, but frankly, I don't think I can bring myself to put them all through it!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
With the current state of affairs and toxic atmosphere, limited trains and the sales on? I think you're being optimistic….

I was going to bring my wife (not been yet), all 3 kids and my Mum and Dad, but frankly, I don't think I can bring myself to put them all through it!

Bring the mother in law, let her suffer.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm going, but only because I've already paid the season ticket, and i'm too stubborn/tight to lose the £20 odd.

But i'll be buying nothing in the ground, and i've not spent a penny in the club shop this season. Burke, Barber and Hyypia can f*ck off though.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
This my answer in another thread..

Guys, I sense a consensus growing. No Boycott, Get behind the team Boxing Day. But absolutely no purchases in or around the ground. Let us give our shilling to businesses that welcome and do not patronise us like The Swan, Hikers and Lord Nelson. Let us take the message out by all means available to us (twitter etc..) and make it the first genuine campaign of the 'click and collect' era. If we can just get a few 1901ers to follow suit this will hurt Barber in a way that he understands. somebody think of a good hashtag to coalesce around and then let us hit the ether.
O no barber said if we stop buying beers and other goods the product on the pitch ie players and the team will be inferior to previous years Ha ha good one barber hasn't that all ready happened even when we spend far more than most other fans put together ****.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It takes a hell of a lot for me to miss a game. I have only missed 2 Amex league and cup games and that was after a foot op. Previous Boxing Day home games I have missed if we are entertaining the families but attended if we were being entertained. This year, we will be round my mum's so normally I would go to the game first. But this year, either Sami will be there or I will be there - not both. Much as I love going to Albion games, I will not miss a few extra hours with family to watch the drivel that his teams serve up. Nothing to do with travel - I have a coach season ticket. I would hope such a gesture would mean something but I doubt it. Whether you count it as a boycott or not, it will be the first time in years and years that I could go to a game but would choose not to. With the renewed hope a new manager would bring, I would almost certainly go.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Do the club have a choice? I thought the Football League insisted they must ensure the home boxing-day fixture go ahead this season.

The club doesn't have a choice.

Little was done to accommodate the Boxing Day fixture in 2012 (v. Millwall), until quite late in the day (mid October). By 'accommodate', I mean, ensure that adequate transport and car parking provided for what would have been a day where the train and bus companies only operate a skeleton schedule.

What it meant was the Albion, Millwall and the FL getting together (under a certain amount of pressure from the latter) to ensure it went ahead. Ultimately, Millwall were amenable to the Albion (Paul Barber)'s suggestion of playing the game the Tuesday before Christmas (18th Dec); the club had the threat of FL sanctions if the fixture couldn't be fulfilled.

However, this scenario is evidently not going to be allowed to be repeated without good reason in future.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm looking forward to it. Home game on Boxing Day. If it's not raining then an hour's walk there and an hour's walk back. A cheeky veggie pie to reward myself. Maybe a nice flask of warming coffee in the rucksack. A few songs that differ from the ranting misery that occupies this site at present. Should be alright.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i'll be down for xmas to see the family and originally I was planning to attend the game , then it changed to 'i'll only go if results improve ' , now that it's too late for things to improve , an afternoon in the pub beckons ! , although I may reconsider if Sami goes this week !.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
This my answer in another thread..

Guys, I sense a consensus growing. No Boycott, Get behind the team Boxing Day. But absolutely no purchases in or around the ground. Let us give our shilling to businesses that welcome and do not patronise us like The Swan, Hikers and Lord Nelson. Let us take the message out by all means available to us (twitter etc..) and make it the first genuine campaign of the 'click and collect' era. If we can just get a few 1901ers to follow suit this will hurt Barber in a way that he understands. somebody think of a good hashtag to coalesce around and then let us hit the ether.

This is something I suggested during the transfer window debacle, the only trouble is boxing day is traditionally a game that fathers , sons and brothers attend together so there will be a good attendance of floating fans who perhaps wont really care about any protest. The following home game is the one for which the core support need to take action, regardless of whether Hyppia has gone or not.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, we won't be there as family Christmas celebrations rightly take priority. However, our seats will be occupied.
On another note, The Swan has had far more of our pre-match patronage than in the past, partly due to better weather and partly better value. That may continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here