Boxing tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
anyone watch it, 2 awful fights and one brilliant fight.

How the hell was Cook allowed to fight he has a spinal condition and they let him go in the ring, within 6 seconds he was on the deck, i felt so sorry for him, and seeing him go of on that spinal board was not nice at all, he was begging to go to hospital. Should never have been aloud to fight. If its a serious injury the boxing authority are going to have alot to answer for. Hope the lad gets well soon:clap2:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Yeah the Murray bs Mitchell fight was class.

I think the Sky interviewer speaking to the guy from BBBOC called the Ricky Burns fight correctly, a farce!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Get's well soon? The fight was a fix.. Rumours of him taking a dive led to betting being suspended on round stoppages. That injury wasn't sustained in the fight, so why was he there? What sort of sparring did he do in training, and how did he pass a medical? Embarrassing for boxing, but he made his money

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
The last fight was brilliant, Mitchell has his mojo back and showed his class. Felt sorry for cook, but mostly the fans who'd paid and got two shit fights

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great fight was going to watch it at the Excel in London until it got moved. Mitchell showed what a good fighter he is and hopefully he can get his career and life back on track. The fight panned out as I expected with Murray being to easy too hit and a late stoppage.

Disappointed that Frankie Gavin seems to be wasting his talent - his never a Welterweight he needs to refocus and discipline himself to make his proper weight division. Talent wise his the best prospect Britain has had for an awful long time, and he should be dealing with domestic fighters a lot easier than he currently is.

Look out for Channel five's first live boxing show next week - Fury Vs Chisora should be another good one and a tough one to call. I pick Chisora late stoppage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports