Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Championship fixtures

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A bit of pressure on us tomorrow now after that set of results
In an odd sort of way I find that reassuring.

In the same way I'm sure Rafa is pleased the Albion are keeping Newcastle honest, a bit of pressure and focus can only help the team keep it's foot to the floor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the Albion it's Derby v Birmingham.

Neither side can put themselves into the top 6 with a win.

Newcastle aside a 'bad' day of results for the Albion would appear to be much worse for many other teams.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Chasing pack (peloton) seem remarkably resilient. Reading have won seven of last nine games I think. Hudds back in form. Leeds winning well. Why don't these buggers give us some encouragement?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chasing pack (peloton) seem remarkably resilient. Reading have won seven of last nine games I think. Hudds back in form. Leeds winning well. Why don't these buggers give us some encouragement?
The peloton is always resilient, by virtue of the fact it can travel with 30%+ less wind resistance.

The lead group needs to keep it at arms length, till 5kms before it's impossible to be caught.

At that point the peloton gets too twitchy and is unable to work for the great good.
Thoughts of 'what if we can't catch them' spreads like wildfire, closely followed by 'we need to make sure we get on the podium'.

At this point the lead group needs to fight the urge to go for for the win, to early, as tired riders are easily caught when there's nowhere to hide.

Set a solid tempo - keep that tempo - hold your nerve - take nothing for granted - sprint for the line.

DO NOT DO THIS:-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here