Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth worry me..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. Getting into the playoffs would be one monumental achievement. Winning the playoffs would be akin to riding to victory in The Grand National on an ageing tabby cat named Saucy Gonzales.

Or having David Gonzalez as our goalkeeper until the end of the season

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
They are the form team - 19 points out of the last 24 - but still have to play QPR (home), Reading (home), Ipswich (away) and Forest (home)

I think they will just fall short, but if they take points of Reading Forest and Ipswich it could help us

Great fixtures for BHA.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Reading:
Charlton (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Leicester (H)
Wigan (A)
Middlesbrough (H)
Doncaster (A)
Burnley (H)

Forest:
Millwall (H)
Sheff Wednesday (H)
QPR (A)
Birmingham City (H)
Leeds United (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (H)

Ipswich:
Blackburn (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Doncaster (H)
Watford (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Burnley (A)

Sheffield Wednesday (H)

Brighton:
Barnsley (A)
Leicester (A)
Charlton (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Blackpool (H)
Yeovil (H)
Forest (A)

Interesting

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nice work Hiney. No love lost between Bournemouth and Reading - Bournemouth fans would LOVE to beat the plastic Berkshire gimps. And happily for us, Reading have Charlton away this weekend, just as the Addicks have hit a nice bit of form yet aren't quite safe from relegation. Lets hope we help out Charlton ourselves.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tis interesting Hiney. Once you come to put it like that, Ipswich and Brighton have similar run-ins in that they've got four aways and only two bolded teams, in other words, they're both playing most of their games against teams in the bottom half of the table. Reading have got the most difficult run-in, while Forest's run-in looks OK which is somewhat counteracted by the fact that they look pretty dreadful.
My seven-year-old predicted that we'd lose against Leicester and draw with Forest and win the other five. Do that, and I'm pretty confident we'll make the play-offs. Doing that, however, is the difficult bit.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Still, according to some on here we dodged a bullet not signing Grabban, Elphick and Cook were League One at best and Eddie Howe isn't that good a manager...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
They are the dark horses for the playoffs.

Harry will give his fav team 3 points on Saturday!

We have spent millions on a pretty white elephant and **** all on the squad are you surprised,do you look at the rafters on match day or watch the boring football we see week in week out while being told by the stewards to keep quiet, a sanitised afternoon out at the football is being taken to the extreme down at the Falmer
Just to add not having a go at you just stating why smaller or equal clubs will rise above us as Palace and Southampton have done.If Bournmouth do the same Tony should hand over the reigns to someone prepared to invest in the squad

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have spent millions on a pretty white elephant and **** all on the squad are you surprised,do you look at the rafters on match day or watch the boring football we see week in week out while being told by the stewards to keep quiet, a sanitised afternoon out at the football is being taken to the extreme down at the Falmer
Just to add not having a go at you just stating why smaller or equal clubs will rise above us as Palace and Southampton have done.If Bournmouth do the same Tony should hand over the reigns to someone prepared to invest in the squad

Blimey I've seen less vitriol on this board when we were 12 points adrift in the 4th division. Have you thought of giving up on football, you really do come across as very bitter and angry.

Every thread I've looked at in the last few minutes has you going off on one about how shit everything is.

These are Golden Years in Albion times, shame you can't enjoy it

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bournemouth fans not just talking of the play offs but winning them, what are we playing at ? Giving up this season and keep saying the Spanish plum needs time, give him much more time and we will be in League 2

So Bournmouth doing well = Brighton L2? What the **** are you on?... I want some

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Blimey I've seen less vitriol on this board when we were 12 points adrift in the 4th division. Have you thought of giving up on football, you really do come across as very bitter and angry.

Every thread I've looked at in the last few minutes has you going off on one about how shit everything is.

These are Golden Years in Albion times, shame you can't enjoy it

Very much this - these are Golden Years in Albion times - League position, stadium, training facilities, chairman and players - it really is a shame that I'm not enjoying them at the moment :(

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Have I missed something, how are the stadium and academy white elephants?

Bournemouth have an excellent young manager and a good squad currently but I would be massively surprised if we aren't in a far better league position than them in 10 years time.

Also the two examples you've picked for smaller clubs contradict your point. Both Southampton and Palace have had success primarily because of the quality of their youth products, which is exactly the sort of model we are investing in.

I'd worry, if I was a Bournemouth fan, that they will be falling foul of FFP.

I'd love some evidence there are any other fans in the country who give a crap about this.
Will sum up this season if we get overtaken by the Albion cast-offs team :eek:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If Bournmouth do the same Tony should hand over the reigns to someone prepared to invest in the squad

By all means question the manager, chief exec, the players but TB has done, is doing and will do brilliant things for this club. Just because you are too impatient to wait for the returns from the excellent foundations we are building don't get on TB's back. It makes look look ungrateful and needy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here