Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth: the point gained or two points dropped poll

Bournemouth: a point gained or two points dropped?

• A point gained

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 186 86.1%

• Total voters

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Given the situation we were in and the way we conceded today, do you really see that as a point earned rather than dropping points?

Yes_Baby.jpg

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
They had 27 attempts and hit the post....so you gave to say it's a point gained :)

Pretty sure Jeff Stelling said there were 40 something shots in total between us, it didnt feel like that, but going off that I guess we had near abouts the same amount as them. But the fact they where pressing for an equaliser twice in the game it would make sense them having more shots. I still think we deserved the win.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty sure Jeff Stelling said there were 40 something shots in total between us, it didnt feel like that, but going off that I guess we had near abouts the same amount as them. But the fact they where pressing for an equaliser twice in the game it would make sense them having more shots. I still think we deserved the win.

They had nearly double the efforts we did, 27 v 15.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m usually a glass half full sort of chap but conceding yet another goal from a corner amplifies the frustration at that result. What makes it worse is our inability to ever score ourselves from corners.
So to answer the question; 2 points that should have been ours have been dropped.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Definitely two more points dropped. We should and could have won that. The rollercoaster of supporting The Albion - feeling great for a few minutes and now feeling totally deflated.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bournemouth had 27 shots on goal and imo looked the more dangerous going forward, yes we took the lead twice and should of been 3-1 up but on the whole a good game and a good point. (So I suppose I need professional help)

The BBC stats do at times seem to be extraordinarily doubtful. The match stats, for instance, rarely match the BBC text commentary, e.g:
BBC text commentary:- Shot by Dale Stephens (Brighton) blocked;
Match stats:- Brighton shots: nil.
BBC text commentary:- Shot by Glenn Murray (Brighton) misses to the left of goal;
Match stats:- Brighton shots: nil.
BBC text commentary:- Shot by Solly March (Brighton) saved centre of goal;
Match stats:- Brighton shots :nil - and if you follow the matches regularly via the BBC online, this happens all the time. You have to seriously wonder how many blocked shots does it take to be counted as one shot!

Today the BBC match stats were wildly out of kilter related to the BBC radio commentary, which was fulsome in praise of Brighton as the better team, and fully empathetic with the idea of Chris Hughton wondering how the hell we managed not to win that.

Two points lost, no doubt about it. That makes it six or eight points dropped so far this season now - be honest, after how many of our draws this season was the reaction, "Phew, however did we nick a point there?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll :wozza:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm proud to be one to vote "point gained." Nothing is a given in the PL.

Depends on whether you’re happy with relegation or not I guess. A point at home having gone a goal up twice to a team around us is 2 points dropped.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't care who the opponents are, what the circumstances, if you have a lead and you end up drawing it is always two points dropped for me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Goals Express (on SSN) has just left all viewers in no doubt whatsoever about which side was lucky to come away with a point! We dropped two points, end of.........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Point gained.

Although we led, all of their positive players with far greater pace than ours, threatened and more for long spells. But, ironically the goals we conceded were from poor defending at set pieces.

They're several years ahead of us in PL quality squad building.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Should have buried them well before the equaliser.

Too many win-able draws will be costly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An entertaining game between 2 evenly matched sides neither of which did enough to get 3 points. The worry for us is that apprently we hjave conceeded the most goals from set pieces in the Premiere League. And the 2nd goal came about through nobopdy putting their foot thrlough the ball and whacking it clear.

How can it be apoint gained as we started with that at12.30pm

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Anyone who votes two points dropped needs to seek professional help...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here