Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth Finances

SAC

May 21, 2014
Some of the comments at the beginning of this threat are incredibly bitter and jealous. Some people seem to think that just because 20,000 fans fork out for overpriced season tickets, beers and buns, that success should be automatic and that just because only 11,000 watch B'fluff that they must be cheating.

Pathetic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of the comments at the beginning of this threat are incredibly bitter and jealous. Some people seem to think that just because 20,000 fans fork out for overpriced season tickets, beers and buns, that success should be automatic and that just because only 11,000 watch B'fluff that they must be cheating.

Pathetic.

It begs the question, where is the income coming from? Owners are only allowed to subside the team to £8m this season due to FFP. It will be more next season due to a change of rules.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It begs the question, where is the income coming from? Owners are only allowed to subside the team to £8m this season due to FFP. It will be more next season due to a change of rules.
Would you be doubting the Albion's finances if the club spent every penny of the Barnes, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa millions, on players?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you be doubting the Albion's finances if the club spent every penny of the Barnes, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa millions, on players?

Their sales have provided money for one or two players but they've spent more than they've received.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their sales have provided money for one or two players but they've spent more than they've received.
Which they are allowed to do under the terms of FFP, which is why they passed their last audit.

If they have put themselves in jeopardy and it goes tits up in the future then, just like Pompey, I'll not be shedding a tear.
If they pull it off and get handsomely rewarded for taking a gamble, meh.

I don't understand why Albion fans are getting their knickers in a twist.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Which they are allowed to do under the terms of FFP, which is why they passed their last audit.

If they have put themselves in jeopardy and it goes tits up in the future then, just like Pompey, I'll not be shedding a tear.
If they pull it off and get handsomely rewarded for taking a gamble, meh.

I don't understand why Albion fans are getting their knickers in a twist.

I agree why are we concerned I think a lot of clubs are walking a tight rope with finances and Bornemouth are possibly one of those clubs but to be honest I am only concerned how Brighton conduct things and it appears we are getting finances back towards where they need to be

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011

Have we ??? Grabban and Wilson were practically 3 million in, Reinvest, 3 million out... (and there are thoughts that Wilson didn't even cost us that)... We then pocket 6+ million for the sale of Lallana... Unless you're watching a different afcb than me each week, then I don't recall seeing another 6 million pounds worth of 'new' players running around the DC turf in the last 12 months... Even if you include Rantie, from a couple of years back, that was only around 2.5 million I think ( and yes, to date he has been a rather large flop)

As mentioned previously, and several times before that... 8 of the players in our first XI were playing for us in league 1... I'm not sure how else I can spell that out for you...

Surman - £500k I think, but he played with us for our lg 1 promotion campaign on loan
Gosling - Free
Boruc - Loan
Smith - Couple of hundred K I think
Kermorgant - Negligible
Ward - Free
Stanislas - Free

So, I don't quite see, at the moment, how we have spent more than the 9 million we got in...?????

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
What Happens when you Breach FFP!..
A transfer Embargo for one January transfer window!...

So we've complied with FFP Rules, and resulted in not being able to buy players anyway!.
It feels the same to me!..

I would of spent £50 Million on the squad and not worried about one Bloody transfer window!.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would of spent £50 Million on the squad and not worried about one Bloody transfer window!.
Nobody is stopping you.
In fact I'm sure Tony would welcome the assistance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have we ??? Grabban and Wilson were practically 3 million in, Reinvest, 3 million out... (and there are thoughts that Wilson didn't even cost us that)... We then pocket 6+ million for the sale of Lallana... Unless you're watching a different afcb than me each week, then I don't recall seeing another 6 million pounds worth of 'new' players running around the DC turf in the last 12 months... Even if you include Rantie, from a couple of years back, that was only around 2.5 million I think ( and yes, to date he has been a rather large flop)

As mentioned previously, and several times before that... 8 of the players in our first XI were playing for us in league 1... I'm not sure how else I can spell that out for you...

Surman - £500k I think, but he played with us for our lg 1 promotion campaign on loan
Gosling - Free
Boruc - Loan
Kermorgant - Negligible
Ward - Free
Stanislas - Free

So, I don't quite see, at the moment, how we have spent more than the 9 million we got in...?????

I'm not just including transfer fees but you also have to pay wages for all of your staff out of that. As I said, I can't see where your income is coming from.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What Happens when you Breach FFP!..
A transfer Embargo for one January transfer window!...

So we've complied with FFP Rules, and resulted in not being able to buy players anyway!.
It feels the same to me!..

The transfer embargo isn't just for one window. It remains until the club does comply with FFP.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The transfer embargo isn't just for one window. It remains until the club does comply with FFP.

I was pleased to read that Championship clubs have all agreed to make radical Changes to the format for next season,
To be more inline with premier league profit!.

as it stands now, Just doesn't work!!.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I read that to mean that they will be up the creek if they are not promoted but yet somehow, in spite of this, they are the best run club.

Sorry for my apparent stupidity, but is there another way?

You are being over anal with my comment. I said "They can't afford the gamble of not being promoted like we did last season. They are the best run football club in the Championship"

I did not say they would be up the creek. No club can afford to not get promoted if that is your sticking point.

Translated for you: It would prove more costly to them if they are unwilling to invest in the transfer market and they fail to win the £100m prize of the Prem because of it. The club is well run and they understand that they have to grab their opportunity, this season. Our failure in last seasons January transfer market has put us back and cost us years. But I guess we can afford that,or at least Bloom can put in another £10m of his own cash in.

Is that phrased better for you?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Pathetic.
Agree
Least when bounemouth play they actually look to score goals unlike us who prefer to pass it to the half way line and have an isolated striker chasing scraps...Football is about winning games and scoring goals gets you places and excites the fans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Gosling - Free
Boruc - Loan
Kermorgant - Negligible
Ward - Free
Stanislas - Free

Well it seems we can't afford transfer fees as the wages are so high these days so we tend not to bother buying players, unless they are for the development squad or a bargain. Somehow you have avoided this pitfall but we have bought two strikers and a goalkeeper and recently an Israeli midfielder for a total of about 3.3 million. We accumulated about 15 million in transfer fees over the last season. Our board, in their wisdom, thought that bringing in a raft of loanees and paying silly money for them was a better idea than buying players with the funds received for those we shipped out. We are then told that we are spending more on players than ever, in the history of the club.

I think it's plain that the way Bournemouth operate on the pitch is the way forward, especially as you are within FFP on gates that are 15,000 less than ours. I still keep being told repeatedly what a great job Barber and Co are doing. It doesn't seem that great to me tbh when I look at how Brentford, Bournemouth and Derby are doing :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here