Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth fans

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The clue's in the "A" of AFC Bournemouth.
I just looked up why they are called AFC Bournemouth. Apparently it's so they could appear at the top of the alphabetical list of English clubs. I assume they wanted to sound continental too.

Their kit was also a copy of AC Milan.

Just when you thought they couldn't be any more tin pot...

el punal

I gauge how much i care about a club by how bothered I am by their results; so, in this order, I look to see how it's gone for Palace, Chelsea, Pompey, Saints, ManU, Liverpool, Everton, Reading & Millwall. After that, I couldn't give a shite.
Now if you were a Leeds fan it would be all the teams in the Premier League, Championship, League One, League 2, the National League and National League North. There, I think that just about covers it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They have always sung that crap song, they have always hated us since they missed out on promotion that year there were 30k at the Goldstone, we are regional rivals (albeit at opposite ends of the region), and historically we've played them frequently, mostly in the lower leagues.

The bottom line is that we don't get on and never have.

Right now, I consider them a bad smell: in our realm (the Premier League) but nowhere near our level, and forever a tin-pot nothing club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I just looked up why they are called AFC Bournemouth. Apparently it's so they could appear at the top of the alphabetical list of English clubs. I assume they wanted to sound continental too.

It’s because the were called Bournemouth and boscombe football club and went down the AFC route when they changed their name

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I thought they'd still be alphabetically behind Aldershot & Arsenal, but, unlike Blackpool, they're not even 'Association Football Club' Bournemouth, just 'A.F.C.' so don't even have the word 'football' in their name. Apparently the idea of 'Dicky Dowsett' who is the player represented heading the ball on their terrible club badge. It's funny that everybody just ignores it and puts them under 'Bournemouth'.

Are they the only club in the league that doesn't have 'Football Club' in their name?

They should change it back to 'Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic FC'. Tossing out that fine Edwardian sounding moniker seems a bit like when Leyton Orient dropped their place name during the seventies and eighties. I don't like it. It's all a bit 'Hull Tigers', the sort of thing that owners with no respect for history would do. Come on Bournemouth fans. We know there's alway a few of you sneaking a look at NSC. Start a 'What about Boscombe?' campaign to rejoin us in the proud ranks of teams representing two places: Dagenham & Redbridge, Havant & Waterlooville, Tooting & Mitcham, Peacehaven & Telscombe.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Now if you were a Leeds fan it would be all the teams in the Premier League, Championship, League One, League 2, the National League and National League North. There, I think that just about covers it.
I used to know a feller who was a Railway Policeman. He was a Geordie, fan of NUFC, and took great delight in calling Leeds fans "Soft Southern Bastards"

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
4 teams mentioned there. We had a song we used to sing along the same lines. Not sure how Brighton wouldn't make it on to Bournemouth's top 4 disliked teams- Saints obviously, then Pompey, Reading are close and then I can't see any other contenders other than us. Seems fair to me, especially as they need 7 syllables to make it work.
Exactly. It adds to the rhyme , move on, is just a rhyme kids.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nothing against the Muffers or their fans so it's a bit meh to me,I'd wager they've not forgotten the pitch invasion down there and the shenanigans thereafter,must admit I felt a little bit sorry for them that day,invade the pitch yup definitely worked, live on TV,jumping into their end swinging windmills probably not so much of a good idea,and frankly no reason to have done it at all.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here