Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth 9th best team in England

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Where would Howe go though? Seriously, which of the eight clubs above Bournemouth would take a punt. Everton one day maybe? But he has made his reputation at a conceived "small club". He is never going to walk in to Old Trafford. The only step up (or down maybe) is if the England job came around. And I don't see him being tempted by that any time soon.

Perceived?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Where would Howe go though? Seriously, which of the eight clubs above Bournemouth would take a punt. Everton one day maybe? But he has made his reputation at a conceived "small club". He is never going to walk in to Old Trafford. The only step up (or down maybe) is if the England job came around. And I don't see him being tempted by that any time soon.

Newcastle would be a draw if they can keep themselves up. Massive club, no matter what anyone says.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
That's the price of ambition i'm afraid or at least the price of perceived ambition which is actually more important for a club to move forward............you won't catch us paying it of course...no no......far to 'shrewd'....:facepalm:

Think your find your club has already paid it out for the 2 of them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's the price of ambition i'm afraid or at least the price of perceived ambition which is actually more important for a club to move forward............you won't catch us paying it of course...no no......far to 'shrewd'....:facepalm:

Are you still pretending to be a Brighton fan? You are so clearly a Bournemouth troll and not even a very good one at that.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Fair point but if Palace ever get a new ground/facilities, I can see them getting back to 25,000-30,000 regularly. Never forget, they got 52,000 in the late 70's for their title winner v Burnley and thats far more than we have ever managed.

That may be down to the fact we have never had a ground that held 52,000.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It must have been an incredible surreal fun ride for Bournemouth fans over the last 4 years. We have had some great times but what they have done is beyond my wildest dreams for Brighton. It will probably go pear shaped at some stage but what a ride!!

20 million on one player? Probably close to our entire transfer entire budget there :wink:

We have £105m of new annual income. I reckon that we can far more than £20m in transfer fees this summer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hi again, Bournemouth fan. You need to replace the "us" and "we", with "you".

No need to be furtive on NSC.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Very O/T but I note your "Murray 17" user name joined in 2003 yet our Glenn came to the club in 2008. Am I a massive pedant or did you forsee his arrival 5 years beforehand? Just asking.
I changed my user name last year. Not sure how that's relevant though?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Where would Howe go though? Seriously, which of the eight clubs above Bournemouth would take a punt.

Indeed.

He played 95% of his games for Bournemouth.

Then he managed...Bournemouth.

The only time he left Bournemouth, he hardly set the world alight at Burnley.

Unlike our Chris, who has done well wherever he's gone, I think Eddie is a bit of a one-club man.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's the price of ambition i'm afraid or at least the price of perceived ambition which is actually more important for a club to move forward............we won't catch you paying it of course...no no......far too 'shrewd'....:facepalm:

Corrected for you. And also corrected your 'to' to 'too'. No thanks required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here