Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boulaye Dia

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whatever happens to this dude its good to know that the club is scouting what seems to be the right players... this summer when he was first rumoured to Brighton, pretty much no other club was mentioned. Same with Lamptey last year. The recruitment team seems to know what they're doing, bit unlucky there doesnt seem to be a lot of cash around.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Whatever happens to this dude its good to know that the club is scouting what seems to be the right players... this summer when he was first rumoured to Brighton, pretty much no other club was mentioned. Same with Lamptey last year. The recruitment team seems to know what they're doing, bit unlucky there doesnt seem to be a lot of cash around.

Same with Nunez.

It’s look like our recruitment are finding the right players, but yet can’t strike the right deal for the club. Maybe this is a good argument for letting a big player go in the summer.

I can imagine it’s easier to sanction a big purchase when you have £50m from a sale sitting in the bank.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If we sign Dia and Caicedo I think it'll be fair to say this'll be a pretty amazing window.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same with Nunez.

It’s look like our recruitment are finding the right players, but yet can’t strike the right deal for the club. Maybe this is a good argument for letting a big player go in the summer.

I can imagine it’s easier to sanction a big purchase when you have £50m from a sale sitting in the bank.

The little I've seen from Nunez just made me think we dodged a bullet there. Clearly talented but very unpolished... and at that price. Not sure he would have done anything better than the current trio.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The little I've seen from Nunez just made me think we dodged a bullet there. Clearly talented but very unpolished... and at that price. Not sure he would have done anything better than the current trio.

The same Nunez who six months later is being linked with big(ger) money moves to the biggest clubs in the world?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As usual we were too slow. Should have bitten the bullet in the last window. Chose not to, now his price has gone up. Good business with our striker problems? I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

Quite possibly a star for the future but he's not get getting great reviews in Portugal given the fee.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The same Nunez who six months later is being linked with big(ger) money moves to the biggest clubs in the world?

Yes. Unpolished diamond is the commonly used phrase about him. Sure big clubs are keeping track of him, he is a great talent. The man has a worse shots to goal ratio than Connolly, Maupay and Welbeck - just 9.68%. We're talking Trossard levels. He got lots to work with and so far is more of a disappointment than a revelation if you ask Benfica fans.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Quite possibly a star for the future but he's not get getting great reviews in Portugal given the fee.

Really?

Just the 8 goals and 7 assists this season.

I'd say he was most definatley a star for the now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Dia is good enough (and the stats currently look promising), then we're going to have to get the deal done now. He's on 12 league goals for the season which is joint top scorer with Mbappe. If he gets 20+ by the end of the season then he'll be going to an Everton, Leicester, or Arsenal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really?

Just the 8 goals and 7 assists this season.

I'd say he was most definatley a star for the now.

3 goals in the league, 5 in Europa League. While scoring four goals against Lech Poznan and another against Rangers is good stuff, they didnt have 3 goals in 12 league appearances in mind when they made their most expensive signing of all time. He came to replace Carlos Vinicius who scored 18 league goals last season. The season before that, Seferovic scored around 25. As things are currently going Nunez might get to 10.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Yes. Unpolished diamond is the commonly used phrase about him. Sure big clubs are keeping track of him, he is a great talent. The man has a worse shots to goal ratio than Connolly, Maupay and Welbeck - just 9.68%. We're talking Trossard levels. He got lots to work with and so far is more of a disappointment than a revelation if you ask Benfica fans.

I'm not sure where you're getting those stats from but they're misleading.

He has a shots on target accuracy of 37.5% and his goals to shots ratio is 16.7%.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spoiler Alert

You guys do know how this ends don’t you?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm not sure where you're getting those stats from but they're misleading.

He has a shots on target accuracy of 37.5% and his goals to shots ratio is 16.7%.

From Sofascore. League only, maybe that the difference from wherever you found yours? 31 shots, 3 goals. 8 big chances missed.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
From Sofascore. League only, maybe that the difference from wherever you found yours? 31 shots, 3 goals. 8 big chances missed.

Fair enough, mine are from statsbomb.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here