Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom of Coldean Lane

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I heard of the grief on Coldean Lane so stayed on A27 went up to Lewes and back down again. Saved loads of time. Quite a few others had the same idea.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
For those of us coming over the Beacon (having carefully overtaken any cyclists we encounter) what are the options? Down the Ditching Road and then back up the A270?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
For those of us coming over the Beacon (having carefully overtaken any cyclists we encounter) what are the options? Down the Ditching Road and then back up the A270?

I'd join the A27, stay on it to the Kingston roundabout and come back again. Superseagull mentioned this detour if coming along the A27 from the west and it seems to work. Seagull Travel coaches often do this to avoid the eastbound jams off the A27 at the UoS.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd join the A27, stay on it to the Kingston roundabout and come back again. Superseagull mentioned this detour if coming along the A27 from the west and it seems to work. Seagull Travel coaches often do this to avoid the eastbound jams off the A27 at the UoS.

Struggling to see how I get into the Uni from the Lewes direction - thought I had to come in via the Stanmer Park entrance

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Struggling to see how I get into the Uni from the Lewes direction - thought I had to come in via the Stanmer Park entrance

Come down the A27 and as you pass the ground on your left, keep left and leave on the road signposted Stanmer Park, (I think its the A270).
At the bottom are some lights, turn right, go under the A27. Go straight ahead and across the next lights and follow the road pass the Stanmer Park entrance and on to the University where the stewerds check your ticket and direct you to an available car park.

Probably easier to drive it then explain it, but ots difficult to go wrong. :thumbup:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Come down the A27 and as you pass the ground on your left, keep left and leave on the road signposted Stanmer Park, (I think its the A270).
At the bottom are some lights, turn right, go under the A27. Go straight ahead and across the next lights and follow the road pass the Stanmer Park entrance and on to the University where the stewerds check your ticket and direct you to an available car park.

Probably easier to drive it then explain it, but ots difficult to go wrong. :thumbup:

Yes of course. Thank you. I've been in the Uni since the beginning but just couldn't visualise how to get there from the opposite direction!

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Wonder if it will be done in time for the 14th, have not seen anyone working there since last week !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here